Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

On 11/7/2020 at 9:52 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Hey guys, I tried pressing my Bill Gates issued off button to make the pandemic go away but it doesn't seem to be working. What the hell.

I loled still even though I know things will get worse before they hopefully get better.

38 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Given that this is a Covid thread and the plan was about fighting Covid, and that you admitted that you didn’t even read the plan and yet felt the need to make blanket statements about politics for whatever reason......maybe reread who started what.

Why would I read a plan from people that lie? Why waste my time? That's nonsense to me. If you want to believe it, great!! Do it. I don't believe **** politicians say on either side. You do.

It's ok though, you can do you like I said. My opinion of you has not tarnished either bc I feel that's silly to do such a thing. Again though, you do you. 

48 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Why would I read a plan from people that lie? Why waste my time? That's nonsense to me. If you want to believe it, great!! Do it. I don't believe **** politicians say on either side. You do.

It's ok though, you can do you like I said. My opinion of you has not tarnished either bc I feel that's silly to do such a thing. Again though, you do you. 

Bobby, after reading this, I understand better where you’re coming from. I’m sorry. I promise you that I am also super frustrated. It’s not that I trust them. It’s just  I don’t see a way to get over this mess without lying politicians involved. You have to have the federal government more involved if we hope to ever contain this thing and get over it. Vaccine distribution being a prime example. This isn’t something that the normal citizen can do on their own unfortunately. My hope is that the politician’s own self interest will allow them to solve this problem since their livelihood depends on it as well. It’s either this or move to New Zealand.

8 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Bobby, after reading this, I understand better where you’re coming from. I’m sorry. I promise you that I am also super frustrated. It’s not that I trust them. It’s just  I don’t see a way to get over this mess without lying politicians involved. You have to have the federal government more involved if we hope to ever contain this thing and get over it. Vaccine distribution being a prime example. This isn’t something that the normal citizen can do on their own unfortunately. My hope is that the politician’s own self interest will allow them to solve this problem since their livelihood depends on it as well. It’s either this or move to New Zealand.

Dude I'm frustrated also. I'm doing my part while watching these other pieces of **** not care and it's just prolonging everything. Nothing will change unless we have an actual dictator try to lock everyone down and force everyone to stay home. We shut down restaurants and bars? People will just go to other houses to eat and drink. No one will listen. That's been proven time and time and time and time and time again. The people who claim to be taking it most seriously have been finding any excuse to march in the ******* streets for months! No politician will change this. It's on us and while some of us are doing well, there's a ****load who aren't and that's more frustrating than anything. I have the luxury of living in a super diverse area. My redneck friends have never cared and my super liberal friends are having celebration parties and getting groups of 20 together for celebration dinners...... then telling people we need to take this seriously. It's really annoying. 

Science is the only thing that will get rid of this, period. 

Regardless, no ill will towards you with the different opinions on how to solve this. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Dude I'm frustrated also. I'm doing my part while watching these other pieces of **** not care and it's just prolonging everything. Nothing will change unless we have an actual dictator try to lock everyone down and force everyone to stay home. We shut down restaurants and bars? People will just go to other houses to eat and drink. No one will listen. That's been proven time and time and time and time and time again. The people who claim to be taking it most seriously have been finding any excuse to march in the ******* streets for months! No politician will change this. It's on us and while some of us are doing well, there's a ****load who aren't and that's more frustrating than anything. I have the luxury of living in a super diverse area. My redneck friends have never cared and my super liberal friends are having celebration parties and getting groups of 20 together for celebration dinners...... then telling people we need to take this seriously. It's really annoying. 

Science is the only thing that will get rid of this, period. 

Regardless, no ill will towards you with the different opinions on how to solve this. 

I’m not ready to go full on authoritarian on everybody ie. what China did. No one has the stomach to deal with that level of lockdown. And I think that’s for the best. Half the country already hates each other, and I don’t see it ending well. I think SK and Japan are the models to use at this point to buy time until we get a viable vaccine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

When can we conceivably expect a vaccine? 

Who is "we"?? The planet? Soon. Medical/front line workers? Soon. Me? A middle aged male? Early summer/late spring maybe?

Fauci has said that there will be some available by year's end but obviously very limited

8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Who is "we"?? The planet? Soon. Medical/front line workers? Soon. Me? A middle aged male? Early summer/late spring maybe?

Fauci has said that there will be some available by year's end but obviously very limited

I'm mostly just wondering when health care workers can get it and high risk people.  I'm not to worried about when it will be available for a guy like me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

What has the current president elect lied about regarding COVID?

Just now, squire12 said:

Just let it go squire12. He and I already hashed it out and are on the mend. I can see his frustration and distrust given everything that has happened.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Also do you know anything about the new people on Biden’s proposed task force?

The task force will be headed by three cochairs: former surgeon general Vivek Murthy, former Food and Drug Administration commissioner David Kessler and Yale University's Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith.

5 hours ago, Xenos said:

From the link above

"On Monday, I will name a group of leading scientists and experts as transition advisers to help take the Biden-Harris COVID plan and convert it into an action blueprint that starts on Jan. 20, 2021," the president-elect said.

Lots more info, and if you are discrediting a "plan" prior to ready the information about said plan, I'm not sure what grounds anyone has to be involved in a discussion.

• Like 3