College Football 25

Ty21

47 minutes ago, August4th said:

A lot of new information is out 

https://www.ign.com/articles/college-football-25-preview 

I recently had the opportunity to go hands-on, and I am happy to say that in my brief time with College Football 25, I ended up leaving with as much excitement as I had when I arrived.

Graphically speaking, College Football 25 is gorgeous. From small things such as how players wear their uniforms, to the realistic grass and turf on fields, College Football 25’s graphics are, as you’d expect after such a long layoff, a significant leg up from what we saw in NCAA Football 14.

From the energetic broadcasts from Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbsteirt, to Clemson Football players running enthusiastically down The Hill in Death Valley, or the White Out game at Penn State, College Football 25 absolutely conveyed that college pride and enthusiasm.

Gameplay-wise, while many quickly point out that the same developer makes both Madden and College Football, College Football 25 is no junior-sized version of Madden. Prominent gameplay mechanics in modern Madden NFL games like X Factor are not present, though throw power, accuracy, and hit sticks are present.

Additionally, the skills and overall level of each school vary greatly—a match between Alabama and Georgia is going to look radically different from a game between Coastal Carolina and Michigan. This matches much more with the consistency of the real-world programs, recruiting, and rosters of each of the 134 FBS teams, which can lead to some uneven play, depending on the matchups you set up. All these players present are not created equal, and if there is a major mismatch, it will be exploited.

One key distinction to point out between the core gameplay of both College Football 25 and Madden is that the former is undoubtedly faster, from the agility of running backs and how they juke to the snappiness of a spin move. The speed of College Football 25 also means there is minimal room for error.

Wear & Tear is a risk factor system meant to challenge you both in managing the game and deciding whether to play it safe or perform a potentially high-risk, high reward coaching maneuver by keeping an injured player on the field.

College Football 25 has four modes: the returning fan-favorite Road to Glory and Dynasty Mode, College Football Ultimate Team, and the all-new Road to the College Football Playoffs. Each mode aims to replicate the real-life adjustments and changes made to the overall landscape of College Football in recent years.

And yes, the transfer portal will impact both Road to Glory and Dynasty Mode, and NIL deals will be key for your players. However, the extent to which NIL deals will impact players in both modes, particularly in the case of Road to Glory, where the development team teases that you can alter your player’s overall performance and skills, remains to be seen.

Like previous iterations, Dynasty Mode flips the script compared to Road to Glory, allowing you to play as a coach. You can start out as a head coach, or have humbler beginnings as either an offensive or defensive coordinator. Each has its own skill trees you can choose from, whether it’s one that can boost team morale or do a great job at snagging recruits to commit and sign.

Recruiting also maintains a multi-layer aspect that goes beyond just the star-caliber players. Some recruits will express interest in playing time, others will express interest in attending a school with high academic prowess, some may care more about how close to home it is, and others will care more about winning a National Championship. All these things, combined with what the school you choose has to offer and when you choose to schedule them to come for an official visit, will impact the odds you can sway a recruit to play for you. Even when you schedule players to take a visit, they can play at these odds.

Your performance in your team will also determine if other schools will try to poach you. With the mode supporting up to 30 seasons, you could start as an offensive coordinator and work up to a promotion at the same school or leave and head coach at another institution.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 9:20 AM, Scalamania said:

Absolutely - Madden will still have it's hardcore fanbase buy the game but the majority of casual Madden players have either already stopped buying it or at the point where they're going to stop buying it. 

Hopefully NCCA excels and it will be a big wakeup call to the Madden franchise that they have to do something to improve the garbage product they've given us the past however many years. 

I picked up last year's madden after skipping probably 5+ years, and barely played it. I fully plan on getting this game and actually caring if they do it justice with the recruiting and gameplay.

Would be cool if a bunch of us that used to do the playstation leagues got back together and made a new league.

I hope the edit players being limited in dynasty mode only applies to the base roster guys and not incoming recruits.  Happy to hear that the coaching carousel seems to be back in full and not what Madden or NBA2K consider a carousel.  

29 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I hope the edit players being limited in dynasty mode only applies to the base roster guys and not incoming recruits.  Happy to hear that the coaching carousel seems to be back in full and not what Madden or NBA2K consider a carousel.  

Trying to find where I read it, but they should be fully customizable 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Trying to find where I read it, but they should be fully customizable 

I hope you're right. I saw a little snippet on having limitations on their names.  So you can't change a recruit to Arch Manning or something like that, but I hope I can at least change a 5 star named James James, or something a long those lines.  I'm more interested in just making sure I can change their equipment and numbers than anything.  

12 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I hope you're right. I saw a little snippet on having limitations on their names.  So you can't change a recruit to Arch Manning or something like that, but I hope I can at least change a 5 star named James James, or something a long those lines.  I'm more interested in just making sure I can change their equipment and numbers than anything.  

My guess is just no player will be able to be changed to 

First Name: Arch
Last Name: Manning

"This name can not be used."

Something will come up like that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Danger said:

care to share with the class?

Another good early review too - https://uproxx.com/sports/ea-sports-college-football-25-first-gameplay-review/

I love everything I'm hearing, but especially the new passing system and improved computer AI.  Disguising coverages sounds like it will be fun to do too.  AND you can customize hot routes at the line of scrimmage (ie. turning a 5-yard route into a 10-yard route)?  Yessir count me in. 

Ready to play my first bad weather game on the road.

• Like 1