College Football 25

Ty21

So someone fed me wrong info, you can edit players ratings and name before Dynasty mode!!!! It has to be the fake, non-nil players on the team and not the real players. You can’t edit face or equipment or height, weight, hometown, etc but I’m ok with that. 

Once Dynasty Mode is locked, you can no longer edit anything. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

So someone fed me wrong info, you can edit players ratings and name before Dynasty mode!!!! It has to be the fake, non-nil players on the team and not the real players. You can’t edit face or equipment or height, weight, hometown, etc but I’m ok with that. 

Once Dynasty Mode is locked, you can no longer edit anything. 

@August4th confirm pls

I hope ea figures out a way to get real coaches in the game. feel their absence during games. You only see your created coach. hopefully that's a focus for 26. I think signing just a handful of the bigger names will make a difference.

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

The gameplay is a big upgrade from Madden. It punishes you for doing stupid things, but you don't feel cheated. Mostly simmed through 2 years at East Carolina, go Pirates 

18 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Then shouldn't that tell you that they left it out for potential legal reasons?  Why would they leave it in Madden but not NCAA for any other reason but that?

What legal reasoning could there be that wouldnt be a similar issue with Madden?    The NCAA is paying for player likeness now.    What are the potential legal issues of letting a gamer change the ratings and names of a particular player or edit a players name....AT LEAST for offline gaming?

Seriously.   Not being a smart arse.   I'm legit curious.

18 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Also, we'll know for sure later today, but from what I read, only real players won't be allowed to be edited.  Generic players, like the ones you mentioned, can be edited.  

Thats better, but again...I dont see the problem in editing real players in OFFLINE modes.

If there is a base roster with all real players and their ratings used for online and a fully customizable roster that can be used in offline modes...that makes sense.

All Im saying is that MY chances of buying this game will drastically decrease if these customization options arent there.   If it doesn't bother others....so be it.   

Edit:   Just noticed its something in between, which is still disappointing.

Edited by 43M

I think having the option to edit fake players from the default roster is a good sign that create a player/edit recruits will eventually be available in a patch or next year. it might not be a NIL issue, since they've given you the ability to edit some players. 

really cool seeing the AI adapt during the game. I don't think I've ever seen it that responsive in Madden. I started calling blitzes, so the computer ran a few screens and draws

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

Gameplay feels really nice

Road to glory mode is well balanced on how hard it is to rise and giving you enough to focus on. Option drill and pocket awareness are the easiest to get gold in for practice from what I’ve done. Played through two years, was a backup year one so that went fast. Took over halfway through year two as the QB. I keep the difficulty down in sports games, like I’d rather have fun getting 6+ homers in the show than stick to realism. But I might raise it a little just to keep the grind more intact with the games. Kinda cruised penn state to a natty once I was the starter.

Just started a dynasty with Tulane. Recruiting is really solid and deep, they do a good job at showing you who you have no real shot at. There are Gems to find through scouting all the way, and also the opposite that tell you maybe that player isn’t worth the effort. Setting up the board / maintaining it through weekly updates  is the start point for the process and each week. You’ll get an update that a guy trimmed his schools and you aren’t in his top 3/5/8, so you drop them and add someone else to your 35 spots.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

What legal reasoning could there be that wouldnt be a similar issue with Madden?    The NCAA is paying for player likeness now.    What are the potential legal issues of letting a gamer change the ratings and names of a particular player or edit a players name....AT LEAST for offline gaming?

Seriously.   Not being a smart arse.   I'm legit curious.

Thats better, but again...I dont see the problem in editing real players in OFFLINE modes.

If there is a base roster with all real players and their ratings used for online and a fully customizable roster that can be used in offline modes...that makes sense.

All Im saying is that MY chances of buying this game will drastically decrease if these customization options arent there.   If it doesn't bother others....so be it.   

Edit:   Just noticed its something in between, which is still disappointing.

It is weird with how robust the create a player feature is for such little use outside road to glory.

i’ll let you know if you can edit them in dynasty, I think maybe you could once you get a class of made up freshmen in year two. But not sure yet.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xmad said:

tfw you wanna get the early release but already bought the standard edition.

I went through PlayStation chat Sunday to ensure I could reverse this decision lol

• Like 1