College Football 25

Ty21

Is it just me or is anyone having trouble connecting on deep balls now since the patches?

My QB has 93 throw power and 85 deep ball accuracy. My WR can beat his man off the press at the line and has 95+ speed. I used to just smoke the DB and bomb it for an easy TD. Now it’s like I throw it deep I’ll get a step on the DB but I’m not getting the separation from the DB like I used too so it’s almost like a contested catch even though it a step ahead of the DB. He can still jump and make a play or if I catch it I immediately get tackled. But either way it’s not the same anymore where the deep ball was lethal for me. Now I barely can even hit one a game. 

• Like 2

So my leading WR has now won back to back Heisman's and was the runner up as a freshman with 98 speed 94 ACC.  He started as a high 70s 4 star recruit with star development.  He went to 84 after year 1, and then up to 87 after year 2.  Now going into his senior year, he drops to an 85?  That means he likely will not get drafted after winning 2, maybe three Heisman's.  This game is so dumb sometimes.  

Side note, I have a redshirt freshman who was a 96 speed, 94 ACC who after being redshirted is a 99/99.  Guess he will have to win the Heisman's now. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2024 at 12:57 AM, stl4life07 said:

Is it just me or is anyone having trouble connecting on deep balls now since the patches?

My QB has 93 throw power and 85 deep ball accuracy. My WR can beat his man off the press at the line and has 95+ speed. I used to just smoke the DB and bomb it for an easy TD. Now it’s like I throw it deep I’ll get a step on the DB but I’m not getting the separation from the DB like I used too so it’s almost like a contested catch even though it a step ahead of the DB. He can still jump and make a play or if I catch it I immediately get tackled. But either way it’s not the same anymore where the deep ball was lethal for me. Now I barely can even hit one a game. 

I've noticed that too. I stopped playing for quite awhile but just picked it back up and on All American the DBs are all Ed Reed back there

21 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

So my leading WR has now won back to back Heisman's and was the runner up as a freshman with 98 speed 94 ACC.  He started as a high 70s 4 star recruit with star development.  He went to 84 after year 1, and then up to 87 after year 2.  Now going into his senior year, he drops to an 85?  That means he likely will not get drafted after winning 2, maybe three Heisman's.  This game is so dumb sometimes.  

Side note, I have a redshirt freshman who was a 96 speed, 94 ACC who after being redshirted is a 99/99.  Guess he will have to win the Heisman's now. 

You didn't move his position or anything?  I've never seen a player drop in overall.  Are you sure you didn't just lose a coordinator who had tactician boosts on him making him 87?

21 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Have you checked what his skill caps are? He may have a high development level, but if his physical skill caps are low and he maxes those out, he won't progress further. I had a RS Fr WR who went from 76 to 86 after his RS season, but never went higher than 88 after his Soph year because his traits were maxed out. I ended up telling him to transfer for his senior year after he got buried on the depth chart.

7 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

You didn't move his position or anything?  I've never seen a player drop in overall.  Are you sure you didn't just lose a coordinator who had tactician boosts on him making him 87?

I did not change anything or lose an OC.  I did lose my DC so maybe that was it but also he was a top 100 recruit, might have been a 5 star but don't remember, and I fully expected him to get better.  And all of my other WRs got better and one jumped to the 99 speed and acceleration so it doesn't seem to be coaching related.

Similar thing happened with my SS this year. He was a true freshman, 5 star stud with elite development trait and an 80 overall as a true freshman.  He won best DB his freshman year and he progressed to an 81 in the offseason with three others jumping him.  That could have been somewhat related to the DC leaving but again the rest of my D got better.  The DT I had who also was a true freshman with elite development went from 79 to 89.  

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Have you checked what his skill caps are? He may have a high development level, but if his physical skill caps are low and he maxes those out, he won't progress further. I had a RS Fr WR who went from 76 to 86 after his RS season, but never went higher than 88 after his Soph year because his traits were maxed out. I ended up telling him to transfer for his senior year after he got buried on the depth chart.

I had not checked that but seems odd that a highly ranked gem recruit with impact development would have caps so low. 

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I had not checked that but seems odd that a highly ranked gem recruit with impact development would have caps so low. 

Development is just how quickly they'll progress, recruit star ranking is how high OVR they are coming out of HS. It was something that I noticed in my offline dynasty as well, once I got to where I only recruited 5 and 4 star gems. Once I started looking at the physical ratings and caps, it made a lot more sense, and it's how I determine who to encourage to transfer if I'm torn between two guys - I'd rather keep the player with room to continue to grow over someone who is maxed out. It's also why I like to use that right coaching tree - there's a perk where every time a player levels up they have a chance to increase one of their skill caps.

One other thing to consider, the players allocate points themselves. If you don't see the OVR increase, there's a chance they had dumped their progression points into improving their physical skillsets, which don't directly impact OVR but does impact performance on the field.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Development is just how quickly they'll progress, recruit star ranking is how high OVR they are coming out of HS. It was something that I noticed in my offline dynasty as well, once I got to where I only recruited 5 and 4 star gems. Once I started looking at the physical ratings and caps, it made a lot more sense, and it's how I determine who to encourage to transfer if I'm torn between two guys - I'd rather keep the player with room to continue to grow over someone who is maxed out. It's also why I like to use that right coaching tree - there's a perk where every time a player levels up they have a chance to increase one of their skill caps.

One other thing to consider, the players allocate points themselves. If you don't see the OVR increase, there's a chance they had dumped their progression points into improving their physical skillsets, which don't directly impact OVR but does impact performance on the field.

Makes sense in theory, but stupid in reality.  And maybe I should have focused on that more with my coaching tree but was more focused on getting the players and gaining XP but thats dumb because now I am maxed on XP and would prefer the other skills now.

But still, if a high recruit does well and gets better on the field, he should have his overall do better.  Like even taking Jeanty for example, he blows up in real life and they boost him to a 96 in the updated rosters.  So why does a guy who wins the Heisman two years in a row and sets records as a WR and they drop him or cap him in the mid 80s?  Just doesn't make sense and the most annoying part is he will be my second Heisman winning WR to likely not get drafted because his overall is too low. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Makes sense in theory, but stupid in reality.  And maybe I should have focused on that more with my coaching tree but was more focused on getting the players and gaining XP but thats dumb because now I am maxed on XP and would prefer the other skills now.

But still, if a high recruit does well and gets better on the field, he should have his overall do better.  Like even taking Jeanty for example, he blows up in real life and they boost him to a 96 in the updated rosters.  So why does a guy who wins the Heisman two years in a row and sets records as a WR and they drop him or cap him in the mid 80s?  Just doesn't make sense and the most annoying part is he will be my second Heisman winning WR to likely not get drafted because his overall is too low. 

Yeah I hear you, I wish stats and performance and awards made more of an impact, feels like there's room for improvement. Also wish there wasn't a coach cap, or at least allow us to 'remove' points and allocate them elsewhere. Some of the branches only unlock after a while (Two National Championships, 4 playoff game wins) and it would make sense for a coach to develop from a recruiter to a motivator or whatever.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Yeah I hear you, I wish stats and performance and awards made more of an impact, feels like there's room for improvement. Also wish there wasn't a coach cap, or at least allow us to 'remove' points and allocate them elsewhere. Some of the branches only unlock after a while (Two National Championships, 4 playoff game wins) and it would make sense for a coach to develop from a recruiter to a motivator or whatever.

I strongly agree with being able too re-allocate points.  Maybe not every year but at least once. Or maybe the XP you gain after the cap you get to gain levels to adjust that many XP instead of getting new.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I did not change anything or lose an OC.  I did lose my DC so maybe that was it but also he was a top 100 recruit, might have been a 5 star but don't remember, and I fully expected him to get better.  And all of my other WRs got better and one jumped to the 99 speed and acceleration so it doesn't seem to be coaching related.

That sounds like it was from the DC having boosts then.  They can have them for offense, too.  You also may have had boosts at the end of the season for win streaks/conference championships and that sort of thing through the coaching perks. 

His actual overall didn't drop, just the display of it did.  The overall you see in the depth chart/view roster screen is their true overall plus what is added through coaching perks. That's also what will display in their player card when you open it up and award screens. Their true overall is what you see over to the right, above the player display, when you're in the view roster screen.  I don't think actual regression is in the game.  I've seen guys drop from their boosts changing, but in probably over 100 seasons of sims at this point, I've never seen a player's actual overall drop.   The perk boosts to overall can be pretty substantial, too.  I've seen 82 overall players display as high as 91 overall when all 3 coaches have tactician groups full for the players position.   

Edited by OkeyDoke21
  • Like 2

When recruiting I hate when Im recruiting a 5 star or 4 star thats one of the top players at their position and they are a gem but have zero physical abilities and just one mental ability. Then you get a bust who has multiple physical abilities and multiple mental abilities. Since I dont recruit busts I just have to settle for those gems with no physical abilities and one mental abilities. 

So a couple of weeks ago my offline dynasty started to have an issue where after I play a game it says it can't access my dynasty hub and boots me to the main screen. Problem is, sometimes the game i just played doesn't get saved. I hate replaying games, more than losing them. Just happened this morning. Anyone know how to fix or experience this yourselves? Seen some others complain online but no responses on how to fix.