NCAA football

Ty21

Well going into Week 8 the neutering of the triple option power houses seems to have hit them hard. Granted they don’t have good overalls either with the roster I’m using so it’s not surprising, just satisfying. Georgia Tech (2-3) Army (0-6) and Navy (0-4). All but one of Army’s losses were by less than a TD. I’m sure due to their program prestige Army and Navy will eventually recruit the talent to be at least boarderline power houses.

Navy looked especially bad averaging 13 points per game. Until they came into my house and beat me 31-24. My offense just wasn’t being efficient, dropped passes, especially bad pass blocking, defense was stuffing my run game. And to top it off my defense allowed a 80yd TD drive with under a minute left in the game after I missed a 43yd FG that would have given me the lead. I had a chance to tie the game but my receiver dropped a wide open TD pass in the end zone and then my offense didn’t have any time left to do anything after that.

• Like 2

Finished my first season as the NDSU OC, 6-6 and didn’t get to go Bowling. Season ended on a 3 game losing streak. Not entirely surprising as my final 2 games were against #7 UCF and #16 Cincinnati, both rated far better than my 70ovr team. My team is losing a lot of seniors on defense so next year might actually end up being worst.

Had the #44 recruiting class, not bad for a 6-6 2 Star program. Landed 2-3 immediate starters, 80ovr 3* JUCO OT and 78ovr 4* ATH (RB) Highlighting the class.

As far as the Triple Option Power houses I neutered, Ga Tech finished 5-7, Navy finished 3-9, Army finished 3-9. Most importantly Army beat Navy and Air Force, GO ARMY BEAT NAVY.

Clemson (14-0) won the National Championship over Michigan. #2 Oklahoma (12-1), #3 Utah (12-2), #4 Alabama (9-4), #5 Michigan (13-1). Alabama with the WTF ranking this season. 

Freshman Michigan RB Zach Charbonnet won the Heisman. Who ever did the ratings for Michigan on this roster was definitely a bit of a homer. 

12 hours ago, Neumatic said:

Finished my first season as the NDSU OC, 6-6 and didn’t get to go Bowling. Season ended on a 3 game losing streak. Not entirely surprising as my final 2 games were against #7 UCF and #16 Cincinnati, both rated far better than my 70ovr team. My team is losing a lot of seniors on defense so next year might actually end up being worst.

Had the #44 recruiting class, not bad for a 6-6 2 Star program. Landed 2-3 immediate starters, 80ovr 3* JUCO OT and 78ovr 4* ATH (RB) Highlighting the class.

As far as the Triple Option Power houses I neutered, Ga Tech finished 5-7, Navy finished 3-9, Army finished 3-9. Most importantly Army beat Navy and Air Force, GO ARMY BEAT NAVY.

Clemson (14-0) won the National Championship over Michigan. #2 Oklahoma (12-1), #3 Utah (12-2), #4 Alabama (9-4), #5 Michigan (13-1). Alabama with the WTF ranking this season. 

Freshman Michigan RB Zach Charbonnet won the Heisman. Who ever did the ratings for Michigan on this roster was definitely a bit of a homer. 

Yeah a lot of those I find I have to manually tweek sometimes. In general though it seems the people as a whole doing the rosters have tried to go like Madden and have 90+ overall players be a bit more sparse. But after a few seasons in Dynasty it sort of returns to the norm for NCAA.

Iowa roster is also a bit overtuned IMO. AJ Epenesa is rated a 97 IIRC and Chase Young is only a 93.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Yeah a lot of those I find I have to manually tweek sometimes. In general though it seems the people as a whole doing the rosters have tried to go like Madden and have 90+ overall players be a bit more sparse. But after a few seasons in Dynasty it sort of returns to the norm for NCAA.

Iowa roster is also a bit overtuned IMO. AJ Epenesa is rated a 97 IIRC and Chase Young is only a 93.

Yea some of it makes your scratch your head. I think Chase Young was a 98ovr when I loaded the roster. The funny thing is the fastest player on OSU’s entire team had 89 speed. Ended up with a pretty good Top 25 at the end of the season though. The only real surprise was North Texas finished 12-2 and was ranked in the lower teens I believe. 

5 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

Yea some of it makes your scratch your head. I think Chase Young was a 98ovr when I loaded the roster. The funny thing is the fastest player on OSU’s entire team had 89 speed. Ended up with a pretty good Top 25 at the end of the season though. The only real surprise was North Texas finished 12-2 and was ranked in the lower teens I believe. 

Also, I don't know why, but a crap ton of schools in the MAC in my Buffalo dynasty are like top 10 talented in Season 3. It's weird. Ohio, Miami (OH) and Western Michigan all like 93+ OVR

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

This thread keeps updating. I am moving into my new home Friday. I really want to unpack everything quickly, find my PS3, and play this. I hate love you all.

giphy.gif

Just got my first true upset victory with NDSU. Took down #11 Wisconsin 42-32. Defense catapulted me to a 21-0 lead in the 1st quarter. Should have been 24-0 but my kicker had a pretty awful day missing both his FG attempts...both being less than 40yds.

edit: Riding a 4 game win streak to start the season, received my first votes to be ranked. I got 61 points, good enough for 31st. Houston is my next opponent and they’re a pretty stout team with a great QB, so I don’t think I’ll become a ranked team anytime soon.

Edited by Neumatic

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

What conference are you in?

American, replaced UCONN. 

Just lost my regular season final because I was forced to simulate a 4th and Inches that the computer went for anyways and Temple drove down the field and scored a TD with 30 seconds left. That’s what I get for starting out as a OC instead of a HC. Finished 8-4 though, improvement from 6-6 in season 1.

Ew, National Championship is #1 Clemson (13-0) vs #2 Alabama (13-0).

#3 Oklahoma (12-0) and #4 Michigan State (12-1) round out what would have been the Top 4. 

NDSU (8-4) vs Air Force (10-3) In the Poinsettia Bowl

Najee Harris won the Heisman with 2348yds and 27TD. His long rush of the year was 15 yards O.o. He had 700 more yards than any other RB. 

7 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

Ew, National Championship is #1 Clemson (13-0) vs #2 Alabama (13-0).

#3 Oklahoma (12-0) and #4 Michigan State (12-1) round out what would have been the Top 4. 

NDSU (8-4) vs Air Force (10-3) In the Poinsettia Bowl

Najee Harris won the Heisman with 2348yds and 27TD. His long rush of the year was 15 yards O.o. He had 700 more yards than any other RB. 

This doesn't even make sense lol

• Like 1