NCAA football

Ty21

1 minute ago, Lions017 said:

The OOTP folks were working on a football game, but the main developer either got sick or passed away I believe. I think that they're still working on a football sim game but aren't close to completing it. 

Yeah well aware, I check the forum once every few months. Been waiting for that game literally 5 years. Enough is enough. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Hardest part would be coming up with a solution that’s gets everyone paid. Lots of colleges out there. Star players should be making more than the backups of a non power 5 team.

EA can't just negotiate with every player. Put it as a lump sum where each player gets something like $1000. That means to fund the likeness of the entire NCAA FBS EA is looking at paying out $11,000,000 annually.

• Like 2

I wont get too excited for this unless a different developer gets rights....OR if both EA and 2K get the rights.   Both Madden and NBA 2K are complete trash, and if only one of them get it, its just going to go down the same road as their other franchises.

People shouldnt expect a better version of NCAA 14.  The team who made that is disbanded, and I dont trust that EA would try to make the game even that good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wont get too excited for this unless a different developer gets rights....OR if both EA and 2K get the rights.   Both Madden and NBA 2K are complete trash, and if only one of them get it, its just going to go down the same road as their other franchises.

People shouldnt expect a better version of NCAA 14.  The team who made that is disbanded, and I dont trust that EA would try to make the game even that good.

If I am not mistaken, NCAA sold almost as many copies as Madden. There's money to be made. Hopefully they invest. 

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If I am not mistaken, NCAA sold almost as many copies as Madden. There's money to be made. Hopefully they invest. 

It will sell, for sure...but so do Madden and NBA, and EA and 2K dont do much with them except milk fans of money.

2k used to make college football games, why did they stop? poor sales or EA getting the rights similar to the madden rights?

best case is both getting the rights. maybe 2k does a much better job to the point it has the NFL reconsidering their deal with EA 10 years from now

2 hours ago, August4th said:

2k used to make college football games, why did they stop? poor sales or EA getting the rights similar to the madden rights?

best case is both getting the rights. maybe 2k does a much better job to the point it has the NFL reconsidering their deal with EA 10 years from now

Pretty sure they stopped because EA was crushing them in that market. Similar to how EA stopped making basketball games for a bit because 2K was crushing them.