NCAA football

Ty21

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Ha....10 years ago when I was a bigger gamer, I may have.    Now, I usually wait for MOST games to drop to $20 or below before I buy them.    For a (pretty much) sim only college football game?    Gonna need more than just okay reviews for me to spend money on it.

I can agree with that. But I still own a ps3 for the sole purpose of playing ncaa 14 lol. If this game is decent at all I’ll happily get it so I don’t even have to fw my PS3 anymore 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I can agree with that. But I still own a ps3 for the sole purpose of playing ncaa 14 lol. If this game is decent at all I’ll happily get it so I don’t even have to fw my PS3 anymore 

Yeah, I still have NCAA 14 PS3 as well...thats exactly why I wont get this unless it somehow eclipses that.   Its already going to have the edge in regards to graphics, gameplay and NCAA license....so this new game better do something special.

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

If it gets any above average reviews I’ll probably buy it the next day lol

Yeah, unless it gets trashed (which is a very real possibility), I won't hesitate to buy this, even if it's a clone of NCAA 14 as far as simming and gameplay goes. If for no other reason than I can finally put my bulky and loud 360 to rest, which at the moment I have to leave on stand by for NCAA 14.

Actually nevermind, I am reading up on it and looks like they won't have community downloads available so we'll be stuck with the generic names. I was hoping it'd be customizable enough that one could essentially recreate the college scene.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yeah, unless it gets trashed (which is a very real possibility), I won't hesitate to buy this, even if it's a clone of NCAA 14 as far as simming and gameplay goes. If for no other reason than I can finally put my bulky and loud 360 to rest, which at the moment I have to leave on stand by for NCAA 14.

Actually nevermind, I am reading up on it and looks like they won't have community downloads available so we'll be stuck with the generic names. I was hoping it'd be customizable enough that one could essentially recreate the college scene.

No community downloads? I just lost all interest

• Like 1

Not having community downloads does suck but its something they have said they strive to add next year. At least they will have a logo editor so you will be able to create each teams logo with time. Of course, that is not realistic for most people and obviously the majority of people here arent going to sit down and rename players from 130 different teams. Are player rosters such a big deal with college football tho? It's irrelevant after a few seasons into your dynasty anyways when you are playing with all CPU generated players.

10 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I'm still going to get it if it plays well. I'm fine with playing with knock-off teams if it plays like NCAA. 

You will have the ability to rename all teams.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Yeah, not getting this then.

Honestly, I think that if you're at all interested (and it turns out well), it's worth getting. I don't know how much it will cost yet, which does factor in, but if it's a decent game people should be all over it. 

If it's a decent game but everyone says "if there aren't community rosters I'm not paying for this!" it'll be a one-and-done and there will be no hope for them to be included in the future because the series will be dead. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Honestly, I think that if you're at all interested (and it turns out well), it's worth getting. I don't know how much it will cost yet, which does factor in, but if it's a decent game people should be all over it. 

If it's a decent game but everyone says "if there aren't community rosters I'm not paying for this!" it'll be a one-and-done and there will be no hope for them to be included in the future because the series will be dead. 

Exactly. As a new product with an indie dev team and a small budget it is unrealistic to set expectations to that of what is available through companies like EA. Companies that had been developing and tweaking their product over a decade. I'm not suggesting throwing money at any random football game, but they are actively communicating with the community and are very open about how this game is going to lack a lot of features that people want. They are not selling you a promise that they cannot fulfill. Their reasoning for the lack of downloadable community files for example makes perfect sense. Price sounds to be $30.

Edited by Cheesehawk
  • Like 1