NCAA football

Ty21

On 3/8/2024 at 10:20 AM, Scalamania said:

Absolutely - Madden will still have it's hardcore fanbase buy the game but the majority of casual Madden players have either already stopped buying it or at the point where they're going to stop buying it. 

Hopefully NCCA excels and it will be a big wakeup call to the Madden franchise that they have to do something to improve the garbage product they've given us the past however many years. 

I think it won’t hurt Madden at all. A majority of the Madden crowd doesn’t really care or follow college football at all. Plus there is a large percentage of them that don't even remember a college football game. Unless they’ve seen streamers doing dynasty builds on twitch or YouTube. 

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The only reason a lot of us know any of their awards is this game lol. 

Easy marketing for them, dumb move.

Like oh no the awards will just be “Best Defensive Player” “Best WIDEOUT” what will we do?!?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I think it won’t hurt Madden at all. A majority of the Madden crowd doesn’t really care or follow college football at all. Plus there is a large percentage of them that don't even remember a college football game. Unless they’ve seen streamers doing dynasty builds on twitch or YouTube. 

Agreed.

The only people who still buy Madden at this point (at full price release, anyway) are the people who make money off it by pretending its a good game (streamers and YT channels), and those who will blindly buy whatever turd they put out.

I doubt NCAA lives up to the hype, but I will give it a chance.   Definitely wont buy it at launch, though.

One interesting thing about this game is how the landscape of sports gaming has changed since the last NCAA game was released.

In today's world, almost all sports games are dominated by ultimate team type modes. This includes Madden, NBA 2K, Fifa (now FC), and MLB The Show. Players love these modes and they make the companies a crap ton of money.

Back during like NCAA 12, 13, and 14, these ultimate team type modes were in their infancy and weren't a major force that they are today. From what I read, NCAA 25 will have an ultimate team mode with players from the past, but it won't be as prioritized of a mode as Madden and FC is.

A lot of the people who loved NCAA 13 and 14 as a kid/teenager are adults now. Perhaps they'll still play offline and non-ultimate team modes. I'd be interested to see how this new generation of gamers (people who are like 8-16) right now will feel about the non-ultimate team modes.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...