NCAA football

Ty21

13 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

It is running on the Madden engine. 

I'm cool with this.  The problem with Madden isn't the way the game runs.  At least not the biggest problem.  It is the lack of fun content and lazy presentation that they haven't changed in years.  This game should be better on that end.

Will be interesting to see who doesn't opt-in?  I really can't think of a reason why an athlete wouldn't want to be in the game outside of wanting to be compensated more, but it isn't like sitting out the game will accomplish that.  They'll just continue to move on.

Edited by iknowcool

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

I'm cool with this.  The problem with Madden isn't the way the game runs.  At least not the biggest problem.  It is the lack of fun content and lazy presentation that they haven't changed in years.  This game should be better on that end.

Will be interesting to see who doesn't opt-in?  I really can't think of a reason why an athlete wouldn't want to be in the game outside of wanting to be compensated more, but it isn't like sitting out the game will accomplish that.  They'll just continue to move on.

Yeah I’m sure someone will make a big deal about not doing it, but some of the bigger name guys will already be getting more by way of promotions and didn’t they say they cover athletes will be in college now?

18 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They’re blocking editing players who opt out??

I don't know if the player is completely locked, but they made it sound like you wouldn't be able to edit them to create the likeness of the player that opted out.  The way they worded it makes me think that their names, or something along those lines, will be blocked for that particular team.  It would be hilarious if it was only blocked for that individual place holding player, so you could just edit someone else into them.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21

8 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I don't know if the player is completely locked, but they made it sound like you wouldn't be able to edit them to create the likeness of the player that opted out.  The way they worded it makes me think that their names, or something along those lines, will be blocked for that particular team.  It would be hilarious if it was only blocked for that individual place holding player, so you could just edit someone else into them.  

I think it's a CYA thing for EA too. I guarantee people will figure out work arounds, but at least EA can be like "hey, we tried."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Have Shedeur and Travis Hunter openly opted out?  I keep seeing them being used as the examples everywhere.  

Not that I know of, they are just two of the more known names of guys still in college.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Have Shedeur and Travis Hunter openly opted out?  I keep seeing them being used as the examples everywhere.  

As far as I know, they are just starting the process of getting players signed so we won’t know for sure who is and isn’t for a while. I also think I heard something about a deadline to opt in. 

1 hour ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

As far as I know, they are just starting the process of getting players signed so we won’t know for sure who is and isn’t for a while. I also think I heard something about a deadline to opt in. 

I just wasn't sure if either of them or Deion had made a statement regarding it that I missed. I don't have twitter, so I'm always a few steps behind of stuff like that.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21

I hope EA doubles down on game atmosphere going forward. Imagine having game cut scenes featuring fans like this

IMG_3563-scaled.jpg?fit=750,500&ssl=1

Ohio-State-fans-Getty-Images.jpg

would be cool that when you're Michigan and every time you lose a close game, you'll see a cut scene showing a fan like this kid

chris-baldwin-tim-worley-083116-yt-ftr_1