NCAA football

Ty21

how the game handles transfer portal and NIL is going to be interesting. Can't say it's a glitch after you lose your starting QB of a top 15 team to another team despite planing on starting him the next yr, because that's happening in real life. I hope they let us use sliders for that

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

that's a big deal too. I remember one NCAA had schools like Air force and Toledo becoming superpowers by year 3 in dynasty. it took me out of the game lol

It was a big problem in '14. One of Army or Navy was always in the NC conversation. 

1 hour ago, August4th said:

Theirs going to be scans of real players in this game according to Matt brown. He says EA is trying to scan the most faces ever for a game. 

Glad they remember how to do it, anytime I pick up madden and see key players not scanned it baffles me

• 3 weeks later...

I’m still intrigued how they’re going to handle NIL and the transfer portal in this game.  Like will I have to constantly worry that my 4th string freshman RB is flirting with another school and looking to transfer? A lot has changed since the last NCAA football game.

On 2/15/2024 at 5:19 PM, D82 said:

Hoping they have all players listed by name so I'm not having to rely on Madden Share draft classes anymore...

I remember the days of buying Phil Steele's cfb book and manually putting the names in myself.  It was a LONG process lol

Edited by Texansfan713

On 2/17/2024 at 9:55 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m still intrigued how they’re going to handle NIL and the transfer portal in this game.  Like will I have to constantly worry that my 4th string freshman RB is flirting with another school and looking to transfer? A lot has changed since the last NCAA football game.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39569777/new-ea-sports-college-football-game-details-features-nil-realignment

So EA solved its real-life NIL question -- will NIL be part of the game, too?

Actually, yes. There will be name, image and likeness components in the Dynasty and Road to Glory modes. Dynasty is where you take over a college football program; Road to Glory involves guiding an individual player through their college career.

"If you think about representing what's happening in the sport, when we talk about things like Dynasty and Road to Glory, there's new ways to recruit, there's transfer portals, there's NIL, there's a lot of things to think about," said Daryl Holt, EA Sports' senior vice president and group general manager of EA Tiburon. "That has really added to the complexity and the intrigue of the sport that we want to make sure is there for our players."

Holt wouldn't go into exact detail about how EA Sports is planning on implementing the transfer portal and NIL, just that they'll be in there. It looks like there will be "at least some" representation to force players to make decisions that will affect their program-building in dynasty mode or what happens with their individual player in Road to Glory.