NCAA football

Ty21

• 5 months later...

I'll be interested to see how they handle the compensation for likeness.  Opt in makes it sound like its just a standard fee for everyone across the board.  I think that would be the best way to handle it with just the number of players.   I'm guessing that cover athlete will be a current player for the first time, too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I'll be interested to see how they handle the compensation for likeness.  Opt in makes it sound like its just a standard fee for everyone across the board.  I think that would be the best way to handle it with just the number of players.   I'm guessing that cover athlete will be a current player for the first time, too.  

Caleb Williams would be the obvious choice.

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

The good news is that the majority probably will. They'll want to play as themselves. 

teambuilder with modern tech would be amazing. I bet we could be able to create our own chants. I think EA will give us a great create a team experience. I think the NFL being so "image consensuses" is the reason maddens create a team is dead

6 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I had a whole big post of my calculations of what I assume Madden’s in and outs would be on an annual basis. Ultimately they pay $300M a year ($1.5B for 5 yrs) for NFLPA likenesses. If they plugged that in, the average between all assumed cfb players (73k) would be about $4k each. 2x-4x that number though probably because I think the 73k accounts for D2/D3 too. Idk if they’d fluctuate for star players vs bench nobodies. If SEC schools would get more money than Iowa State. 

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I had a whole big post of my calculations of what I assume Madden’s in and outs would be on an annual basis. Ultimately they pay $300M a year ($1.5B for 5 yrs) for NFLPA likenesses. If they plugged that in, the average between all assumed cfb players (73k) would be about $4k each. 2x-4x that number though probably because I think the 73k accounts for D2/D3 too. Idk if they’d fluctuate for star players vs bench nobodies. If SEC schools would get more money than Iowa State. 

Where are you getting 73000 cfb players? 130 fbs schools at 85 scholarship players a piece is about 11k players 

30 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

zXK5sm3.png

Yeah that's counting FBS, and then D-I, D-II, and D-III

Only the FBS will be in the game. If you high ball it and put 100 players per team, that's still 13k.

EA isn't going to give as much to college as they do the NFL, So I think the per player number may be be about right, but the total payment they make would be considerably lower.

130 teams * 100 players * 5000/year * 5 years = $325M over 5 years. Then you have the organization that's acting as the gobetween and coaches as well so the number may be closer to $400-450M

• Like 1