NCAA football

Ty21

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wont get too excited for this unless a different developer gets rights....OR if both EA and 2K get the rights.   Both Madden and NBA 2K are complete trash, and if only one of them get it, its just going to go down the same road as their other franchises.

People shouldnt expect a better version of NCAA 14.  The team who made that is disbanded, and I dont trust that EA would try to make the game even that good.

Well to be fair, NCAA 14 was a pretty average installment. NCAA 11 was the last great one. 

Just like 2k4 was slightly better than 2k5 but the last one is always gonna get the glory: 2K5, NCAA 14

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Well to be fair, NCAA 14 was a pretty average installment. NCAA 11 was the last great one. 

Just like 2k4 was slightly better than 2k5 but the last one is always gonna get the glory: 2K5, NCAA 14

Not going to disagree, but my point was, NCAA 14 was far better than that same years version of Madden, which I believe was Madden 25... A truly terrible game.

I don't believe, at this point, EA has any interest or the talent to make a football game better than what Madden is right now... which is why I can't get excited for it.

Edited by FourThreeMafia

6 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

What I miss most about NCAA games is the amazing feel of the atmosphere playing in different stadiums. From the swamp to the horseshoe.

I loved the controller vibrating in road stadiums. What year did they get rid of that? It was genius 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2019 at 4:58 PM, BayRaider said:

I loved the controller vibrating in road stadiums. What year did they get rid of that? It was genius 

IDK why EA hasn't put that in their game

your controller should be going crazy if you have a game at the superdome with a rookie QB starting... EA can do so much more with its gameday atmosphere and they just don't

On 11/3/2019 at 8:55 AM, Dome said:

I liked your routes shaking all over the screen when you tried to bring up play art. 

Even in some of the old games on PS2/XBox, the NCAA '06 game you would audible into your hurry up, and if you were at a Top 15 place, they'd get lined up in the wrong formation, you had no idea what  the play would be, and like a 90% chance that you would lose yards/turn it over. If you knew how to run the hurry up with your 6 play audible set against another user with your skill/heavy personnel, it was GAME OVER and homefield advantage was HUGE...not that college me and 4 of my buddies had an online dynasty that we bet on or anything....or hung championship banners in our apartment...or had a Hall of Fame that was voted on (needed a 3-1 vote and you could only nominate your player, not vote for him)...or the loser had to buy the winner lunch...or anything like that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I miss the variety of NCAA. You could be a big school, small school, run an air raid or triple option, etc. Every Madden franchise feels the same to me. 

Running the option was so much fun. I use to own people with Vince Young back in the day.

Edited by Fresh Prince

57 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I had a kid online quit 3 consecutive games when I ran the Georgia Tech flexbone with midline and triple option down their throat. I ran it 29 consecutive times and I've never seen someone so upset in my life. HILARIOUS.

I’ll never understand people crying if they can’t stop a play. If you can’t stop it, why would I stop running it? I remember being in a Madden League on this forum actually and someone cried hardcore that I kept killing them with a basic HB Draw. Nothing special about the draw what so ever, they were just too dumb to stop it. Can’t remember who it was but my goodness they cried in the League Thread after. Why I’ll never participate in a league here again or else I woulda joined the one ongoing. 

• Like 1