NCAA football

Ty21

This game is the only reason I still have a 360 and haven’t completely given up gaming tbh. My wife thinks I’m a huge dork because of it but you can’t beat the immersion of this game when it comes to creating playbooks and building your roster to best execute your schemes. 

I was just playing earlier today, looking at which school I want to become HC/OC for to start a new dynasty. Thinking I wanna stick around the SW region of the country this time around

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

This game is the only reason I still have a 360 and haven’t completely given up gaming tbh. My wife thinks I’m a huge dork because of it but you can’t beat the immersion of this game when it comes to creating playbooks and building your roster to best execute your schemes. 

I was just playing earlier today, looking at which school I want to become HC/OC for to start a new dynasty. Thinking I wanna stick around the SW region of the country this time around

It’s the only reason I still Have my PS3 lol 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lefty said:

I’d wager to bet this game is the only reason a lot of PS3 and 360’s are still kickin. I’d have chucked my PS3 if it wasnt for NCAA 14 a long time ago. Been a damn shame had we made it to PS4 and had the College Football Playoffs before NCAA Football got the death penalty.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Neumatic said:

I’d wager to bet this game is the only reason a lot of PS3 and 360’s are still kickin. I’d have chucked my PS3 if it wasnt for NCAA 14 a long time ago. Been a damn shame had we made it to PS4 and had the College Football Playoffs before NCAA Football got the death penalty.

Sucks they didnt release NCAA 14 for PC.    

Modders couldve done amazing things.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Sucks they didnt release NCAA 14 for PC.    

Modders couldve done amazing things.

I was thinking that too now that I have a PC. The modding community could have really taken NCAA 14 to a whole new level. There would have been so much cool stuff, College Football Playoffs(probably any amount of teams you wanted in the playoffs too), be able to add teams with out having to remove another, new uniforms, probably have some really nice Scoreboard/down and distance displays, he’ll maybe even some new stadiums. The options would have been endless by now.

17 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

be able to add teams with out having to remove another, new uniforms, probably have some really nice Scoreboard/down and distance displays, he’ll maybe even some new stadiums. The options would have been endless by now.

I seriously hate that, because I want to start by updating the conferences to current day, and then also add in FCS schools to the mid majors and see who can climb into power 5 eventually. But I can't really do all that in depth because I can only replace existing teams. Sigh. Also the inability to upgrade your stadium in Dynasty sucks. I'm in year 4 of my Buffalo Bulls dynasty now and in the ACC and I still have the tacky clay track around the outside of the football field.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I seriously hate that, because I want to start by updating the conferences to current day, and then also add in FCS schools to the mid majors and see who can climb into power 5 eventually. But I can't really do all that in depth because I can only replace existing teams. Sigh. Also the inability to upgrade your stadium in Dynasty sucks. I'm in year 4 of my Buffalo Bulls dynasty now and in the ACC and I still have the tacky clay track around the outside of the football field.

Yea I really hate replacing teams. What I ended up doing is replacing Idaho and all the Independent teams minus Army and Notre Dame to get all the newer teams in (like Coastal Carolina, Appalachian State, ect). Doing this I was able to get all the conferences completely up to date with the current NCAA conference alignments. Same problem with the stadium as well, Im close to 30 years into my Ashland University dynasty. When I made the team on team builder I used a small schools Stadium since it was the closest match to Ashlands stadium. I've won countless Championships and have shattered the win streak record in my wee little tiny stadium. Definitely would have went with a bigger stadium if I thought Id still be playing that Dynasty.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, August4th said:

looks like the only way this game ever comes back in with generic players + no ability to edit current rosters. I'll be fine with that.

To me, the MAJOR kicker would be having the teams. I mean within 3-4 seasons the players are gone anyway. I could live it with it as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

To me, the MAJOR kicker would be having the teams. I mean within 3-4 seasons the players are gone anyway. I could live it with it as well.

I wonder why they can't get away with generic rosters, but with the ability to edit players like they did originally, just don't have the players have any resemblance to the real life college kids. Don't make the clemson QB a 6'6 95 overall QB, instead make him a 5'11 75 overall left handed QB.. and nothing stops people from creating HS/college players in madden and NBA 2k, so if you can do that in those games, why not in a college football game? so the ability to edit in real players should still be there

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Tyty said:

Anyone else ever wonder what each college athlete did with their $75 they got from killing this series 

Sam Keller bought a fathead poster of himself.      He is the only person who will ever remember his football career, whereas everyone else will only remember him as the ****** who spearheaded the lawsuit that killed the NCAA series.

I remember watching something in the early 2000s, and a few college players (one of them may have been Larry Fitzgerald, but I forget) were playing NCAA 2002 or 2003, and they were so excited about playing as their in game avatars (since they werent officially named), and I remember thinking how awesome it would be to have your own player modeled after you.

Sam Keller and a bunch of other no names knew they werent going anywhere, so found a way to piss in everyone elses cornflakes.

My argument is, unlike the NFL and its games, the name recognition isnt nearly the same as it is in the NFL.    Most people outside of extreme diehard fans cant name most of the players on their favorite college teams.      The game couldve sold just as well if the players on each team were NOT modeled after their real life counterparts.    You could make the players completely different from the players currently on the team and the game wouldve sold fine.

Point is, unlike the NFL, NCAA players dont drive sales nearly as much, so this entire argument that EA "made money from their likeness" is pretty silly.     The NCAA and EA are both extremely corrupt and greedy, so I dont mind that they got slammed, but these players going after the NCAA game specifically were just greedy.    Their "likeness" in the game was more of an homage.     

I dont think this game will ever come back, because it will be hard for EA to load it with microtransactions and ultimate team that they dont have to share the revenue with NCAA players.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont think this game will ever come back, because it will be hard for EA to load it with microtransactions and ultimate team that they dont have to share the revenue with NCAA players.  

Maybe I’m a blind optimist but I totally think it comes back at some point. They toyed with the idea in madden by having your QB go to one of 6-8 colleges to play at. Theyll have to come to some agreement where they give x amount to players for likeness beforehand and then just **** us in the mouth with constant NCAA-UT updates to maximize money. If they don’t use player likeness, that kills the ultimate dream dream and that’s where all their profit lies.