NCAA football

Ty21

On 4/30/2020 at 8:17 AM, Scalamania said:

I've been playing a Dynasty w Kent State recently. Forgot how hard it is to turn a 1* school into a powerhouse. 

I love taking teams and building them up, but if anything I feel like the game makes it too easy. If you finish with a winning record and win your bowl game it feels like you end up going up a star every year or two. 

23 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I love taking teams and building them up, but if anything I feel like the game makes it too easy. If you finish with a winning record and win your bowl game it feels like you end up going up a star every year or two. 

You have to limit yourself somewhat in recruiting to actually make it a challenge but I agree.

3 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I still don't think my recruiting is what it could be in this game. What are your guys' strategy when it comes to recruiting? do you dump 600 scouting points on you top 10 guys you want and offer them a scholarship right away or do you spread out the points?

Unless I am one of the best schools, I generally don't recruit anyone to start unless I am in their Top 7 interests. I'll take 2 or 3 shots at more "elite" guys near my location

9 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I still don't think my recruiting is what it could be in this game. What are your guys' strategy when it comes to recruiting? do you dump 600 scouting points on you top 10 guys you want and offer them a scholarship right away or do you spread out the points?

Don’t look for players you want, look for players no one else wants.  You’ll find a bunch of really good players that for whatever reason the cpu is not going after.  Those are the players you should target as a 1 star.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Don’t look for players you want, look for players no one else wants.  You’ll find a bunch of really good players that for whatever reason the cpu is not going after.  Those are the players you should target as a 1 star.  

Yup. It's why Week 2 is the most important week for recruiting. Spend a lot of your points in week 1 scouting and going after guys you're confident you'll be able to land.

Then week 2, go to the search prospects and search for guys who's commitment status is "Less than 25%", then narrow it down further and manually look for guys who have no scholarship offers yet. Add them to your board and check to make sure they have no movement in their rankings that means you're the only one going for them.

You want to dump max points into about 9 guys and save about 300-700 a week for utility points like offering scholarships or scouting new guys. Always make sure your board is full even if you're only actively recruiting 9 guys. You get a weekly bonus to anyone who's on your board for just being there. Consistently remove guys who start getting recruited if you're not going after them yet and replace them with someone else to be passively on your board.

If you're going all in on a guy, and you're still losing ground weekly, cut your losses. Looking at the weekly bonus is important, 9 times out of 10 if you're trying to go after a guy who's also being recruited by a school that's a better match for the prospect than you, you'll probably lose out. If you can build up a lead and they start being recruited later on, you could very well beat them out.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Yup. It's why Week 2 is the most important week for recruiting. Spend a lot of your points in week 1 scouting and going after guys you're confident you'll be able to land.

Then week 2, go to the search prospects and search for guys who's commitment status is "Less than 25%", then narrow it down further and manually look for guys who have no scholarship offers yet. Add them to your board and check to make sure they have no movement in their rankings that means you're the only one going for them.

You want to dump max points into about 9 guys and save about 300-700 a week for utility points like offering scholarships or scouting new guys. Always make sure your board is full even if you're only actively recruiting 9 guys. You get a weekly bonus to anyone who's on your board for just being there. Consistently remove guys who start getting recruited if you're not going after them yet and replace them with someone else to be passively on your board.

If you're going all in on a guy, and you're still losing ground weekly, cut your losses. Looking at the weekly bonus is important, 9 times out of 10 if you're trying to go after a guy who's also being recruited by a school that's a better match for the prospect than you, you'll probably lose out. If you can build up a lead and they start being recruited later on, you could very well beat them out.

Yes exactly.  Did you read my old NCAA Scouting thread from the old forum?  Cause I feel like you just quoted it verbatim.  

• 4 weeks later...