FFMD II New York Jets Front Office

EaglesPeteC

You should take Peart here, but I know you won't.  We still suck at T.  Fant is a Jag and won't be here more than a year or two.    He can get cut after the season with less than a $2M cap.  Beachum... well, you know.  The team that drafts Peart will be thrilled.  You really should consider.

Anyway, I like Johnson at WR, but I also love KJ Hill, AGG and Duvernay. I also like Gabriel Davis later on.  Anyof those in the next 2 picks would be cool.

Greenland and Anae at Edge.  Neither will make it to 4th I think.  

So, WR or Edge for you  unless you shake off your aversion to finishing what has been started by JD and you at OL.  Plenty of good WRs coming up later.  Not so for Tackles.  He's about the last day 2 on the board.

If you elect WR, then Johnson.  

Any chance for a trade back?

Edited by dcat

14 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Sorry if you like starting Terrell Bashem at Edge, I can't help you 

No I like our QB throwing to guys better than Perriman who only has a few good games in his whole career. Shenault who is a risky pick being he's not at all a polished WR and Crowder. The guys you drafted for us in the 3rd probably won't even start this year. Where we still need starting WRs for our hopeful franchise QB. Sorry if you like Doctson, Smith and Chesson at WR for our QB.

• Like 1

I think we need upgrades at both receiver and Edge. Realistically we can’t fill all the needs in one draft. In real life this can be helped by signing some combo of Clowney, Griffin, Curry etc. 

Is it possible we can maybe trade for either Brandon Cooks, John Ross or even OBJ? 

Would Cleveland do a pick and OBJ for Q-Will? Just shake it up abit? 

29 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I think we need upgrades at both receiver and Edge. Realistically we can’t fill all the needs in one draft. In real life this can be helped by signing some combo of Clowney, Griffin, Curry etc. 

Is it possible we can maybe trade for either Brandon Cooks, John Ross or even OBJ? 

The issue is we are bringing back a better defense that was already 7th in the NFL (Mosley back and Desir) and had the worst offense and we still draft defense with quality picks? No thank you.

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

but in this draft we are taking waaay lesser talent to plug holes.  That is NOT how a winning franchise is built. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I didn't know Mike Macaggnan had an account on here. Wow.

We drafted Becton at least.  Whether or not he fits Gase/JD ZB plan, I'm not sure.  That pick reeks of  "we have to get one of the top 4 OTs no matter what" way of thinking, regardless of whether or not Becton is a good fit.  I like Becton, don't get me wrong.  But, thinking that Fant is the permanent answer at LT or even RT where he is worse,  is borderline lunacy.  The Jets would need another OT in addition to Becton in this mock.  The Seahawks dumped Fant and replaced him with....  wait for it... Brandon Shell.  Yet the pick up of Fant and his $10 million/year contract is what stopped any chance of getting a much needed OL with the last 2 picks in this mock.  Inexplicable.  Especially because Fant can be cut after this season for only a $2 mill dead cap.  I'll lay odds that Douglas comes out of this draft with two tackles and another IOL.  Neither of the Edges there were worth that pick, but for 'we need to fill a hole' reasoning.  I'll look at the rest of the mock going on, but I have no high expectations of it improving.  Next year, sign me up for this.  In fact... we should set up our own and do a simplified one here.  We would need 16 participants (2 teams each).  I do these on other boards and they are fun.  It's cool studying up on other teams needs and contract situations and try to manage their draft.

Edited by dcat

I'll think JD can pull off a trade back.  If so, he can get Josh Jones (who many believe to be a great fit for the Gase & JD) and with an extra 2nd round (or 3rd) we can fill in WR (or two) much needed  OL and/or Edge as long as it isn't a reach.

Listen, we signed four offensive lineman.  I get we hate Fant but he's making 10 mill so we have to at least see what he's got before drafting a replacement.  He's just not gonna draft two lineman high after the offseason flurry unless you think he's gonna be like yea those guys I signed aren't the answer. Not happening 

Also for the purposes of this mock, we for some reason still have Beachum to be a swing tackle 

Edited by bcb1213

40 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Listen, we signed four offensive lineman.  I get we hate Fant but he's making 10 mill so we have to at least see what he's got before drafting a replacement.  He's just not gonna draft two lineman high after the offseason flurry unless you think he's gonna be like yea those guys I signed aren't the answer. Not happening 

Also for the purposes of this mock, we for some reason still have Beachum to be a swing tackle 

I'll bet you are wrong.  A minimum of 2, if not 3 OL will be drafted by JD.  (Unless predraft trades or something change the roster before then).  We will see.  

I do believe he won't be all reachy, just because there is a hole.  I'm sure many learned from Tannenbaum's decade of mistakes that way and if you look at the best long-term teams  (i.e. Pittsburgh), filling needs is not ignored, but you don't reach to lower levels of talent just to fill them.