FFMD II New York Jets Front Office

EaglesPeteC

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I only liked Jefferson cause of dad connection. Eno is on a bunch of bust lists. Scares the hell out of me 

I get that.  Hes a bit unorthodox.  TBH I wasn't really thinking RB, but we sure as *** need one.  Or we are going to end up bringing back Bilal? 

Just watched Perine.  He's a tough runner and his line didn;t help him yet he got himself some nice runs.  We really have nada behind Bell right now.  I'd grab this guy and not look back.  If he gets taken before us, then maybe the WR or Eno who they comp top Singletary.

1 hour ago, dcat said:

to add to that, the team *still* needs a stretch the field WR.  That's not Shenaut with his 4.58 speed.  And Van Jefferson is not even close to top end speed.  In fact, that's the big thing missing.  Forget KJ hill as well.  No top end speed there

No question: Devin Duvernay.  4.38.  Needs to develop but upside thru the roof.  Unless he is taken he makes the most sense if you go WR at all.

LOL.

I'm confused. Didn't you guys sign Perriman? Isn't that what he's supposed to do? 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm confused. Didn't you guys sign Perriman? Isn't that what he's supposed to do? 

People around here don't understand why teams give one year cheap contracts.  You see, I approach the draft with a long-term perspective, as I would think any good GM would do. Who honestly thinks Perriman is a long term plan for Sam?  Yeah... lets bet the farm on this guy who has been nothing but a first round major bust, with a nice teaser-like flash at the end of last season that we would be foolish to trust.   I guess all these teams were wrong when they dumped him.

2016 BAL 16 33 66 499 31.2 15.1 5.3 53 3 0 0
2017 BAL 11 10 35 77 7.0 7.7 0.9 14 0 0 0
2018 CLE 10 16 25 340 34.0 21.3 4.4 66 2 0 0
2019 TB 14 36 69 645 46.1 17.9 3.4 44 6 0 0
Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, xenajets said:

Devin Dunervey would be my pick 

Duvernay would be my pick here too.  His upside is thru the roof and now (rds 4 & 5) is when it's ok to be willing to take a little more risk.... not in rds 1, 2 or 3.

But I also see the wisdom of RB here.  And it might be smart to consider that direction too.  I'm thinking that either Perine or or Benjamin drops to next round, but maybe not.  We DO need another back.  We have got NOTHING behind Bell except Cannon and Adams.  Cannon REALLY sucks and I have no idea why he is still on the team.  I don't know much of Adams.  

I promise I won't complain either way.  

Edit:  FWIW, Duvernay was picked at 60 by one of the resident WR gurus in the Jetnation mock (which is pretty well established over the last 10 years, right @Heymangold?)  , .Jets fans are clamoring for speed and we all know that Perriman is a blind shot in the dark.  Perine went 121.Benjamin went at 83.   

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcat said:

Duvernay would be my pick here too.  His upside is thru the roof and now (rds 4 & 5) is when it's ok to be willing to take a little more risk.... not in rds 1, 2 or 3.

But I also see the wisdom of RB here.  And it might be smart to consider that direction too.  I'm thinking that either Perine or or Benjamin drops to next round, but maybe not.  We DO need another back.  We have got NOTHING behind Bell except Cannon and Adams.  Cannon REALLY sucks and I have no idea why he is still on the team.  I don't know much of Adams.  

I promise I won't complain either way.  

Edit:  FWIW, Duvernay was picked at 60 by one of the resident WR gurus in the Jetnation mock (which is pretty well established over the last 10 years, right @Heymangold?)  , .Jets fans are clamoring for speed and we all know that Perriman is a blind shot in the dark.  Perine went 121.Benjamin went at 83.   

Best draft goin!

3 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

Best draft goin!

and Paradis really knows his stuff on WRs.  He studies more college ball than anyone I know.  He is all-in on Duvernay and acknowledges the risk.  Then he picked KJ hill in his next pick after Duvernay.  

Edited by dcat