GDT Week 3: (2-0) Denver @ (1-1) Buffalo

Trentwannabe

This defense is immense. They players have bought in and they were incredible today. The secondaries turn around is truly shocking. EJ Gaines looks like a hell of a pick up and Tre White had a really solid game as well.

Tyrod had one of his most impressive games as a Bill. His numbers don't jump out at you but he won that game on his own without the help of a run game which is something he hasn't been able to do to date. The defense certainly deserves credit for putting them in good positions but it was still really good from Tyrod.

McDermott also had another really strong showing. The challenge call against that Saunders catch was great and really just seemed like an all around good performance by a well prepared team. 

3 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

This defense is immense. They players have bought in and they were incredible today. The secondaries turn around is truly shocking. EJ Gaines looks like a hell of a pick up and Tre White had a really solid game as well.

Tyrod had one of his most impressive games as a Bill. His numbers don't jump out at you but he won that game on his own with the help of a run game which is something he hasn't been able to do to date. The defense certainly deserves credit for putting them in good positions but it was still really good from Tyrod.

McDermott also had another really strong showing. The challenge call against that Saunders catch was great and really just seemed like an all around good performance by a well prepared team. 

Well said.. I'm loving Tyrod staying in the pocket under pressure. Considering another meh game from Shady, I'm very happy with Tyrod today 

All that and we're missing arguably our two most talented 'trench' players on both sides... Glenn and Dareus. If only they could stay healthy.

Side note, I think we need to dial up some passes specifically for Zay Jones to get his confidence back. Need to hit him early and often next week. The talent is there he's just in his own head right now. Don't want that to hurt the young guy early in development.  

Oh and Tre' White is a friggin BEAST.

I hate to put a damper on our success, but this was a classic example of a team, Denver, facing a weaker opponent between 2 of the most important games on their schedule.

They were sky high playing against Dallas last week, had zero emotion for the Bills, because they face Oakland next week and will need to be sky high for that game.

I won a bundle of money on this game, because teams never cover when put into this situation and often lose the game outright. Emotion is everything in sports.

Nevertheless, Buffalo did what they should have done and dominated for a change like they should have. Denver would have had a hard time covering the spread against any weak opponent.

3 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

I hate to put a damper on our success, but this was a classic example of a team, Denver, facing a weaker opponent between 2 of the most important games on their schedule.

They were sky high playing against Dallas last week, had zero emotion for the Bills, because they face Oakland next week and will need to be sky high for that game.

I won a bundle of money on this game, because teams never cover when put into this situation and often lose the game outright. Emotion is everything in sports.

Nevertheless, Buffalo did what they should have done and dominated for a change like they should have. Denver would have had a hard time covering the spread against any weak opponent.

I'm sorry but I disagree with just about everything in this post. How was an out of conference game against Dallas one of the most important games of their schedule? Maybe you could say they were looking ahead to Oakland but that still doesn't change the fact we won a game against a team we don't match up strongly with. 

Suggesting that Buffalo should have dominated because they were sandwiched between two tough teams on the Broncos schedule is just laughable. The Bills shockingly won a game against a more talented team and did so after a hugely worrying week two performance. I don't think we're too much different than I thought we'd be going into the season but we played a good team who matches up well with us and came out on top. I don't care where we played in their schedule, that was a win that almost no one was expecting. 

13 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Lmfao but we are tanking! We suck!!! Top 5 pick!!!

Same friggin team as last year talent wise, except much, much, much, MUCHHHH better coaching.

I don't know if I'd agree with that, I think we are a bit less talented but, as you said, the change in coaching is incredible and more than compensated. The start to the season this defense has had shows how incompetent Rex and that defensive coaching staff was. Hughes looks like his former self and Kyle Williams has been great and the secondary is a major improvement in every single way.

Honestly, I don't care if we go 7-9 or worse this season, it's refreshing to see a team that has energy and drive and can do what is expected of it. If we lose to more talented teams that is okay, we're building something, but the fact the coaching staff can get people to execute properly and be where they are supposed to be really feels good. 

35 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I don't know if I'd agree with that, I think we are a bit less talented but, as you said, the change in coaching is incredible and more than compensated. The start to the season this defense has had shows how incompetent Rex and that defensive coaching staff was. Hughes looks like his former self and Kyle Williams has been great and the secondary is a major improvement in every single way.

Honestly, I don't care if we go 7-9 or worse this season, it's refreshing to see a team that has energy and drive and can do what is expected of it. If we lose to more talented teams that is okay, we're building something, but the fact the coaching staff can get people to execute properly and be where they are supposed to be really feels good. 

This is how I feel as well. I can't tell you how stoked i was yesterday when the special teams unit sniffed out the fake punt pre-snap and then stopped them dead in their tracks. That was a perfect example of one rookie coach trying to do too much and another rookie coach getting his guys ready for everything. After that play I was saying to myself over and over, if Rex eas the HC they would have gashed us for 50 yards on the fake punt and go on to win the game. 

A 6-10 or 7-9 season where we beat teams we should and lose to teams we should (with maybe a few exceptions like yesterday) is going to be a huge accomplishment IMO.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I stand by the similar talent level. If we are counting on Sammy as being fully healthy all the time then that's one thing, but I'm not. Matthews and Woods are a wash IMO. 

Our secondary looks worlds better, and they can actually tackle!!

Matthews is better than Woods in my opinion. Matthews is a legit #2 WR while Woods is a borderline #2 #3 type talent

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

This is how I feel as well. I can't tell you how stoked i was yesterday when the special teams unit sniffed out the fake punt pre-snap and then stopped them dead in their tracks. That was a perfect example of one rookie coach trying to do too much and another rookie coach getting his guys ready for everything. After that play I was saying to myself over and over, if Rex eas the HC they would have gashed us for 50 yards on the fake punt and go on to win the game. 

A 6-10 or 7-9 season where we beat teams we should and lose to teams we should (with maybe a few exceptions like yesterday) is going to be a huge accomplishment IMO.

This right here showed me how well coached this team is. They were ready and prepared for anything. Leonard Johnson audibling and Lacy's recognition to sniff it out shows that McDermott who hasnt been perfect, but has his team prepared.

Our secondary is so freaking good. They all just work perfectly together and in this scheme

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Eh. Agree to disagree. I'm a Woods fan and believer if he had a good QB. (Which it's looking like he now does)

Thing with Robert Woods was he would occasionally have a great game and catch everything. Then we wouldnt see him contribute at all the next few games. He disappeared far to often. Yes you could blame that on the QB but im thinking it is a combination of factors and Woods has to take some of the blame.

He has played nicely for Rams so far. But what hurts him is he has a low yards per catch average which brings him down as a player. He needs to be better at getting open down field and adding more yards after catch to take the next step up to the Matthews level.

With what Mathews has shown after the catch this season, they really should make an effort to get him the ball in space a lot more. I'd like to see his targets get up to the 8-10 range.

Clay can continue to help stretch the field until Powell returns and hopefully Jones and Mathews can work the middle range of a defense and boundary.

Huge win for you guys last Sunday. I won't sleep on the Bills again, that's for sure.

I never heard of Sean McDermott before you guys hired him, but this has piqued my interest. What do you guys think of him so far, and how would you say his coaching compares to Rex Ryan's?

Archived