FFMD II - Redskins War Room - OTC!!!!

Ghostnote

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The fact that he has Daron Payne, Jon Allen and Matt Ioaniddis on the depth chart in front of him.  Tim Settle has looked really good when he actually plays.  

So why them over him? How does their game stajd out in comparison?

2 minutes ago, PR said:

So why them over him? How does their game stajd out in comparison?

Because you're talking about 2 first round picks, and a guy in Ioaniddis who had already proved he was a starter before Settle was ever added to the roster.  

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Because you're talking about 2 first round picks, and a guy in Ioaniddis who had already proved he was a starter before Settle was ever added to the roster.  

I've seen many times in the past where 1st round picks are benched in favor of others because the others just play better. LJ Collier comes to mind from last year. Guy was a healthy scratch most of the season. This is why I'm asking. Beyond where they were drafted, what makes them stand out more when it comes to their tape than his?

7 minutes ago, PR said:

I've seen many times in the past where 1st round picks are benched in favor of others because the others just play better. LJ Collier comes to mind from last year. Guy was a healthy scratch most of the season. This is why I'm asking. Beyond where they were drafted, what makes them stand out more when it comes to their tape than his?

So if Greg Little had not hit IR, you would have never seen the ability of Daley, correct? 

Da'Ron Payne and Tim Settle play the same position either the DL1T or the DL0T pending on scheme. Either way, if you look at the comparison of Payne against Settle, there is a significant gap in ability, but that is no discredit to Settle. Payne is just a monster. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mike23md said:

So if Greg Little had not hit IR, you would have never seen the ability of Daley, correct? 

Da'Ron Payne and Tim Settle play the same position either the DL1T or the DL0T pending on scheme. Either way, if you look at the comparison of Payne against Settle, there is a significant gap in ability, but that is no discredit to Settle. Payne is just a monster. 

No telling on if Little hadnt been injured who would start between the two honestly. Both were injured by the end of the season.

The problem is, Settle doesn't start. Settle isn't close to starting because as you said there is a significant discrepancy between abilities of Payne and Settle. So if you were to bridge that gap in a trade for Daley, what would you propose?

4 minutes ago, PR said:

No telling on if Little hadnt been injured who would start between the two honestly. Both were injured by the end of the season.

The problem is, Settle doesn't start. Settle isn't close to starting because as you said there is a significant discrepancy between abilities of Payne and Settle. So if you were to bridge that gap in a trade for Daley, what would you propose?

You're missing the interpration of the semantics here. Settle would be our starting NT, IF Da'Ron Payne were not so good at what he does. The video above shows the ability of Settle if he is given the opportunity to get more field time. Payne just has the stamina and drive to be on the field and his ability to play the NT is insane compared to some of the other guys like Vita Vea, or Danny Shelton. 

Settle was comparison to Brandon Williams from the Ravens when coming out of college. Becuase of our depth and change in scheme, Settle is hard to fit in the rotation anymore than we can. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I know I haven't really been a part of this mock, but why are you trading Tim Settle for Daley at all?  How is Daley a noticeable upgrade over Geron Christian or Lucas?

Well Greg Little would be optimal but he was put on IR for concussions. Not something I think we want to venture down. 

Dennis Daley stepped in and was a high level player for the Panthers at LT. 

I guess I could offer Tim Settle for Tre Boston. 

and I am certainly fine by walking away from this. 

Whatever the forum wants. 

Edited by mike23md
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mike23md said:

You're missing the interpration of the semantics here. Settle would be our starting NT, IF Da'Ron Payne were not so good at what he does. The video above shows the ability of Settle if he is given the opportunity to get more field time. Payne just has the stamina and drive to be on the field and his ability to play the NT is insane compared to some of the other guys like Vita Vea, or Danny Shelton. 

Settle was comparison to Brandon Williams from the Ravens when coming out of college. Becuase of our depth and change in scheme, Settle is hard to fit in the rotation anymore than we can. 

Thank you for your assessment. I appreciate you walking me through Settles player makeup.

So where do we go from here? You mentioned Settle and something for Daley. What is the something?

1 minute ago, mike23md said:

Well Greg Little would be optimal but he was put on IR for concussions. Not something I think we want to venture down. 

Not looking to create more holes on my team.

1 minute ago, mike23md said:

I would just walk, the guy is trying to nickle and dime you on a player that isn't worth it imo.

6 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Exactly, and Lucas only played 2 games at LT. I think it's time people stop assuming he's going to be the answer at LT. He may be but it's a Trutle type optimistic projection which generally doesn't come from those thinking it. 

4 minutes ago, mike23md said:

@PR - I think this is going to go nowhere tbh. It might be best to just end it here. I am not at all willing to throw in a draft pick based on where we are and what we have to address. LT is not a huge need, but I was entertaining the idea. 

What about Settle & a 6th for Daley?