FFMD II - Redskins War Room - OTC!!!!

Ghostnote

You guys look like you could use a LT. One of Greg Little or Dennis Daley could be made available. Little was a 2nd CD rd pick last season. Looking to upgrade my DT position. Let's work something out.

7 hours ago, PR said:

You guys look like you could use a LT. One of Greg Little or Dennis Daley could be made available. Little was a 2nd CD rd pick last season. Looking to upgrade my DT position. Let's work something out.

So Little was placed on IR for concussions last season. We have dealt with that for a while with Jordan Reed. Not sure I want to deal with that again. But its up to the forum. 

Daley is raises the brow a bit. @PR

Edited by mike23md

10 hours ago, mike23md said:

We have 10 picks till our pick in the 3rd round. I have my eye on 2 guys that are falling. 

If you want to know who, PM me. 

If there are guys you think to suggest PM me. 

Let me wait till I make the Seahawks picks and then I would like to see it

8 minutes ago, PR said:

Ill pass based on that offer

Well you're not getting any of our 3 young DTs who have all at times played like pro bowlers over the last two years for an OT who had a decent rookie year but hasn't had the impact of a DT who's put up 14 sacks the last two years (Jon Allen) or a DT who’s put up 20.5 sacks the last 3 years.

Daley is not on that level. Good for a rookie and playing like a pro bowler are two different levels.

Tim Settle would start on a lot of teams, he just barely plays in DC - and will play even less next year as we go to a 4-3 - bc we have Allen, Ioannidis and Payne.

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well you're not getting any of our 3 young DTs who have all at times played like pro bowlers over the last two years for an OT who had a decent rookie year but hasn't had the impact of a DT who's put up 14 sacks the last two years (Jon Allen) or a DT who’s put up 20.5 sacks the last 3 years.

Daley is not on that level. Good for a rookie and playing like a pro bowler are two different levels.

Tim Settle would start on a lot of teams, he just barely plays in DC - and will play even less next year as we go to a 4-3 - bc we have Allen, Ioannidis and Payne.

If Washington thought Settle could start, they wouldn't have brought back Brantley. Settle only played 28% of snaps last year and could have vaccuumed up a lot more if Brantley was allowed to walk. Instead they continue to limit his snaps. 

5 minutes ago, PR said:

If Washington thought Settle could start, they wouldn't have brought back Brantley. Settle only played 28% of snaps last year and could have vaccuumed up a lot more if Brantley was allowed to walk. Instead they continue to limit his snaps. 

Brantley is just competition, he probably won't even make the team. He's done nothing since they first acquired him.

Yeah 28% of the plays when you're the backup NT and the team plays nickel w/ 70% of the time so, they were in there base 3-4 like 30% of the time. 

Have you ever watched Settle? My guess Is probably not, he's a fire plug. When he gets in the game he pushes the pile & penetrates.

I hope you and Mike can work out a deal, you’re probably getting your starting NT out of it and if love to see Settle play more but not at the expense of trading say Daron Payne to see that happen.

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Brantley is just competition, he probably won't even make the team. He's done nothing since they first acquired him.

Yeah 28% of the plays when you're the backup NT and the team plays nickel w/ 70% of the time so, they were in there base 3-4 like 30% of the time. 

Have you ever watched Settle? My guess Is probably not, he's a fire plug. When he gets in the game he pushes the pile & penetrates.

I hope you and Mike can work out a deal, you’re probably getting your starting NT out of it and if love to see Settle play more but not at the expense of trading say Daron Payne to see that happen.

Nickle also has a NT so I don't quite understand what the point of formation has on this reasoning.

No I haven't really watched Settle. Reading up on him he had some decent starts when Allen was out, but he seems light for a NT overall. Ioannidis has more size than he does and is the more athletic of the two. At NT, Payne has him by 12 lbs on his frame which explains why Settle isn't as featured.

What do you believe holds Settle back?