FFMD II - Redskins War Room - OTC!!!!

Ghostnote

17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I know I haven't really been a part of this mock, but why are you trading Tim Settle for Daley at all?  How is Daley a noticeable upgrade over Geron Christian or Lucas?

This. 

I didn’t watch Daley play much last year, but he was very unimpressive at SC. Kinda awkward, clunky, strong but very lunge-y. If he’s supposed to be some kind of potential future LT cornerstone now, his OL coach must have worked a miracle. And fortunately we have his OL coach now, so he can work a miracle on one of our guys now. 

I do know that he (and the rest of their OL) got destroyed when we played them. That’s the game where Kerrigan was out, and Chris Odom and Nate Orchard of all people got 3 sacks. Sweat and Allen, rushing off that side, also combined for 2 sacks. 

I don’t think we need more projects. We have a couple high-upside guys on the roster already. I think we need either someone who can play at a pretty high level right away or someone with the upside to be truly elite. I don’t think Daley is either. 

20 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This. 

I didn’t watch Daley play much last year, but he was very unimpressive at SC. Kinda awkward, clunky, strong but very lunge-y. If he’s supposed to be some kind of potential future LT cornerstone now, his OL coach must have worked a miracle. And fortunately we have his OL coach now, so he can work a miracle on one of our guys now. 

I do know that he (and the rest of their OL) got destroyed when we played them. That’s the game where Kerrigan was out, and Chris Odom and Nate Orchard of all people got 3 sacks. Sweat and Allen, rushing off that side, also combined for 2 sacks. 

I don’t think we need more projects. We have a couple high-upside guys on the roster already. I think we need either someone who can play at a pretty high level right away or someone with the upside to be truly elite. I don’t think Daley is either. 

Well the answer is quite simple, competition. Throw 3 guys with potential in a completion for one job and hope one of them steps up and at least becomes a serviceable starter at LT.

At this point, I have to question if Settle will even get 5 snaps a game on our DL that is going from 3 DTs to 2 DTs in our scheme now or from carrying 6 or 7 interior DL to carrying most likely only 4. Heck, Jon Allen or Matt Ioannidis might not even be starters - I’d start Allen at LDE & play him on run downs there and have Sweat/Kerrigan rotate w/ Young at RDE & on passing downs which will probably be 60-70 % of the game.

To be honest, and this is why I traded Jon Allen in TCMD, Allen is not an athletic pass rusher. He is quite good at penetration and taking on blockers to help in run support, but at this current stage, the 3 down guys are going to be Chase and Sweat with Kerrigan rotating with packages, at least in my opinion. 

I suck at scouting Oline so don't know the value on Daley.

I like Settle but we don't use him enough if you telling me Daley might push to start at some point I'm ok with trading for him if he another Swing guy like Siging Lucas and Geron have been I rather just sign a FA(know we can't in FFMD)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mike23md said:

To be honest, and this is why I traded Jon Allen in TCMD, Allen is not an athletic pass rusher. He is quite good at penetration and taking on blockers to help in run support, but at this current stage, the 3 down guys are going to be Chase and Sweat with Kerrigan rotating with packages, at least in my opinion. 

Yes, but Allen is all around our best DL. You play him on run downs at LDE like we used to do Wynn & Daniels to help stuff the run, maybe in like a 5/6 tech on the LDE side, then Payne at NT/1-tech and Ioannidis at 3-tech. That would allow Chase Young to play wider on the right side like at a wide 9 position.

Then, on passing downs Sweat & Kerrigan rotate in like you said, Kerrigan can even play some 5-tech when we’re in nickel like he did in 2013 and then Allen/Ioannidis/Payne rotate as the DTs when were in the nickel.

It’s a good problem to have.

23 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Ok, we are coming up on the clock soon. I need yall to ake a look at the big board and give me the Rank on the sheet of the guys who are in Green IN ORDER. 

@ovfd55 

@turtle28

@Thaiphoon

@aceinthehouse

@MKnight82

@e16bball

@MikeT14

@Jeezy Fanatic

Did you PM out your big board or something? I don’t think I have that.