GDT - Week 3: Oakland Raiders at Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

Redskins vs. Raiders by the numbers

—The Redskins outgained the Raiders 472 yards to 128. The 344-yard differential was the largest for the Redskins since they had a 385-yard advantage over Bears in 1974.

—The Raiders were 0-11 on third down. It was the first time the Redskins allowed no third-down conversions since a game against Dallas in 2007.

—The Raiders’ 128 yards were the fewest the Redskins have allowed in a game since they also allowed 128 to the Broncos in 1992. This marked the fifth time since the merger that the Redskins have held an opponent to 128 yards or fewer.

—Chris Thompson had 150 yards receiving. That shattered his former personal best of 57 yards in a game. Going back to at least 1960, no Redskins running back has gained more receiving yards in a game.

—Thompson added 31 yards rushing. His 181 yards of offense easily beat the Raiders’ total offense of 128 by itself.

—Josh Doctson's first catch of the season was good for 52 yards and a touchdown. 

—The Redskins now have at least one sack in 27 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the NFC and the second-longest in the NFL (Bengals, 32).

The Big Greek tossing Gabe Jackson around like a rag doll!

Brandon Scherff breaking legs and heads on this play! WOW! I still can't believe Thompson didn't score on this but hard to complain about a guy who had 150 receiving yards and 181 total yards, more than the Raiders.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

I don't know about that. Give him a fair deal, and I think he'd jump on it. He seems to be clicking here, and I don't know if he wants to worry about FA next spring.

Considering he had nothing this off season that jumped out at him???? Yeah, something relatively generous will entice him to stay. 

38 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Turtle is goign to have 200K posts by the end of the year considering how many twitter postes he uses. He doesnt have to say a word, but just the clip. 

I like the videos. I used to link to them in the old forum but now I can just copy and paste them. I'm glad for that.

2 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

OMG this is the first time I see this.  Scherff anywhere else he gets arrested for abuse and dismemberment...LOL

Go back a page or 2 and watch him block one of the Raiders safeties on Thompson's long pass. He flips him up in the air, I think it's Karl Joseph.

I'm really trying hard to temper my excitement but I can't wait until Monday night. If they lose, which I expect to happen because it's the chiefs in KC, but they look really good doing so then I can finally feel like the build is going somewhere. I simply can't say enough about how much improvement his defense has shown under Manusky and Tomsula. They've been awesome. 

And another thing, Ioannidis is a star. He's bullying some of the best interior OL in the league. It's really unfortunate that McCloughan got fired before he could really see the riches of his draft classes. Jones was a bomb but good lord his picks has set this team up for success. 

Archived