Ozark Season 3 released, March 2020

Bucketheadsdad

10 hours ago, bootsy said:

I'm with you on this. I still love the show but it will never reach the levels of those two shows. I just take it for it what it is for the most part.

I 100% agree with you on Darlene not having any security. It's almost insane levels that she has no security to protect her. She has dead bodies of very important people buried on her land and to just go around like that won't come back on you is ridiculous. Maybe the writers are telling us that Darlene is so careless and sloppy that she thinks she is invincible and can't be touched.😅

Spoiler

The KC mob boss going up there without no protection was just as dumb. the woman is known for her short temper and just shot your son, so lets go up there by yourself to cuss her out lol

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Ozark is better than Breaking Bad.

Breaking Bad got too obsessed with one upping itself and got a little bit crazy.

Ozark is more grounded and with better characters.

Just finished season 3, so that opinion might change.

Ozark is awesome... but nope

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Yeah. I love Ozark, but it’s not BB level for me.

Wendy is so annoying, but Laura Linney plays her perfectly.

Ruth is amazing. She’s far and away my favorite character. I think she’s easily had the best arc throughout the show. 

Wendy is annoying, but Ozark gave her actual agency. Breaking Bad didn’t do the same with the lead actress, and made her suit the show rather than the show suiting her.

Wendy’s character strengthens Ozark.

Skyler’s character suited Breaking Bad’s needs.

Ozark thrives because of the character it created in Wendy, while Breaking Bad was able to do what it wanted because Skyler was never given any real agency, and she changed as the show needed her to change. She wasn’t a well-written character, and they used her as a foil for the sake of having a foil rather than her character having been written well enough to be that foil.

• Like 1

Breaking Bad was a crowd pleaser that put storytelling and strong characters behind the crowd pleasing moments. Ozark is not more enjoyable than Breaking Bad, but it is better.

I won’t fight it much, but I think it’s true.

I just hate I probably have to wait until May.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Ruth is amazing. She’s far and away my favorite character. I think she’s easily had the best arc throughout the show. 

Ruth is easily my favorite character as well. If anyone disagrees they don't know sh- about f-. This compilation of Ruths best lines is just too good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdYDaWesCNE

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Breaking Bad was a crowd pleaser that put storytelling and strong characters behind the crowd pleasing moments. Ozark is not more enjoyable than Breaking Bad, but it is better.

I won’t fight it much, but I think it’s true.

I just hate I probably have to wait until May.

I agree, I like Ozark more but I absolutely understand that most are going to prefer Breaking Bad. No one should use one to bash the other though, they are both great shows in their own right. The ending could change my opinion on Ozark though.

I thought Season 4 part 1 was kind of a slow burn till the end. Definitely excited for part 2 and climax with that said. Ruth is definitely the best character and for some reason Marty is second for me. He's just so level-headed cold and calculated if that makes sense. I just get humor out of his mannerisms.

Spoiler

Darlene deserved all that smoke. Shame what happened to Wyatt, but he had it coming for not listening. The one theme for this show is a lot of stuff could've been avoided if they just... listened. Ya b--- wolf!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Wendy is annoying, but Ozark gave her actual agency. Breaking Bad didn’t do the same with the lead actress, and made her suit the show rather than the show suiting her.

Wendy’s character strengthens Ozark.

Skyler’s character suited Breaking Bad’s needs.

Ozark thrives because of the character it created in Wendy, while Breaking Bad was able to do what it wanted because Skyler was never given any real agency, and she changed as the show needed her to change. She wasn’t a well-written character, and they used her as a foil for the sake of having a foil rather than her character having been written well enough to be that foil.

I don’t disagree that Skyler was pretty useless for the majority of BB. That’s a given

13 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

You know who else was annoying? Skyler and Marie. I find them far worse than Wendy but it's all preference. I can't say if this is better than BB until it's all over though. I will say it's not far behind right now

41 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You know who else was annoying? Skyler and Marie. I find them far worse than Wendy but it's all preference. I can't say if this is better than BB until it's all over though. I will say it's not far behind right now

I also agree with this, but WW was so iconic, and along with Jesse is just too good 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I also agree with this, but WW was so iconic, and along with Jesse is just too good 

Jesse became annoying to me for a season+ but yeah WW was definitely an icon. Both shows are excellent and it'll be tough to rank once Ozarks is done for sure. Neither shows make me sad

On 2/2/2022 at 8:03 AM, bigbadbuff said:

I don’t disagree that Skyler was pretty useless for the majority of BB. That’s a given

Not really a fair comparison. Wendy was already established as a seasoned political operative who knew how to work people and the system. Skylar was just an everyday accountant taking care of a disabled son and a newborn. Wendy knew her husband was laundering money and things could go bad at any moment, while Skylar got her life flipped on end and dragged into her situation unwillingly by Walt. Wendy was just far more equipped to handle the turmoil. Skylar made a ton of mistakes but who wouldn't in a situation like that? And really if Walt just takes the money from Elliot for his treatments the entire show doesn't happen (sorry but the hate for Skylar still baffles me a decade later).

I thoroughly enjoy both shows but Breaking Bad has the edge for me. Ruth and Mike would be my picks for the best characters.