Myles Garrett vs. TJ Watt

BlaqOptic

Myles Garrett vs. TJ Watt  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Better Player/Who Would GMs Take?

• Garrett/Garrett
    • Garrett/Watt
    • Watt/Watt
    • Watt/Garrett

On 11/17/2020 at 12:09 AM, BlaqOptic said:

Edit: You can respond but I'm basically done here. It's one thing to argue in reality; it's another to completely make things up out of bias. But I guess the Browns playing second fiddle for so long needs you to have SOMETHING to feel better about. Enjoy it.

Sarcastic Drake GIF by MOODMAN

Great, "I have nothing to offer in context to the argument so I'll throw out empty insults" statement , cute

On 11/17/2020 at 12:09 AM, BlaqOptic said:

Oh... Maybe you meant on their careers where Watt has 3.5 more Sacks, 11 more TFL, 19 more QB Hits, 5 more FF, 4 more Interceptions, 20 more Passes Defensed, and 30 less pressures...

Oh...Maybe you didn't realize MG played a whole 10 less games in his career than Watt, maybe didn't realize that he probably would have a sizable lead in those categories (Which are relevant to pass rushing) if they played equal games. Or maybe you don't realize that they play two different positions so bringing in categories such as 4 measly ints and passes defensed which have no relevance to the argument isn't the smartest thing in the world. 

On 11/17/2020 at 12:13 AM, BlaqOptic said:

😆🤣 😆🤣 😆🤣 😆🤣 😆🤣... Alright Dan Orlovski. I've been here long enough to know when this gets busted out the opposition is admitting that they've lost the argument.

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

There is no argument to be lost, you guys were quiet as a mouse two weeks ago when TJ was trailing, now you all (including Ravens fans for some odd reason) are out in full force and he still isn't leading. Second of all, all you have been doing is talking AROUND in an eloquent way yet I hit you with hardcore fact. And for the record, tell me this argument that I have some how loss. I have zero issue stating mine.

MG does more with less (Which is fact)

MG is a far greater athlete than Watt (Which is a proven fact)

MG would do just as well with coverage responsibilities as Watt because the coverage responsibilities he's asked to do take little to no special abilities to cover a small area of space 

Also, speaking of lost arguments, I love how you all of your buddies continue to avoid the topic of Watt being on the Browns and still being DPOY, this is hilarious. THIS IS WHERE THE ARGUMENT REALLY ENDS.  

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Sarcastic Drake GIF by MOODMAN

Great, "I have nothing to offer in context to the argument so I'll throw out empty insults statement" , cute

Oh...Maybe you didn't realize MG played a whole 10 less games in his career than Watt, maybe didn't realize that he probably would have a sizable lead in those categories (Which are relevant to pass rushing) if they played equal games. Or maybe you don't realize that they play two different positions so bringing in categories such as 4 measly ints and passes defensed which have no relevance to the argument isn't the smartest thing in the world. 

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

There is no argument to be lost, you guys were quiet as a mouse two weeks ago when TJ was trailing, now you all (including Ravens fans for some odd reason) are out in full force and he still isn't leading. Second of all, all you have been doing is talking AROUND in an eloquent way yet I hit you with hardcore fact. And for the record, tell me this argument that I have some how loss. I have zero issue stating mine.

MG does more with less (Which is fact)

MG is a far greater athlete than Watt (Which is a proven fact)

MG would do just as well with coverage responsibilities as Watt because the coverage responsibilities he's asked to do take little to no special abilities to cover a small area of space 

Also, speaking of lost arguments, I love how you all of your buddies continue to avoid the topic of Watt being on the Browns and still being DPOY, this is hilarious. THIS IS WHERE THE ARGUMENT REALLY ENDS.  

That's a funny way of saying you were wrong... I'm still waiting for the explanation as to how Garrett is outproducing Watt this year...

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

That's a funny way of saying you were wrong... I'm still waiting for the explanation as to how Garrett is outproducing Watt this year...

I'm not wrong at all, you just didn't read, AT ALL. Which is apparent, if you cant read, don't comment. 

And yet you STILL avoid the Watt to Browns argument....

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm not wrong at all, you just didn't read, AT ALL. Which is apparent, if you cant read, don't comment.

Nope. I read. It was more garbage. So since that's the path you're going to take flying in the face of reality then there's no point in continuing. Maybe you did play at the highest level because you seem to demonstrate signs of CTE.

54 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Nope. I read. It was more garbage. So since that's the path you're going to take flying in the face of reality then there's no point in continuing. Maybe you did play at the highest level because you seem to demonstrate signs of CTE.

Stuff like this is completely unnecessary and uncalled for

• Like 2

14 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

These numbers are outdated. Watt has 9 sacks to MGs 9.5 sacks. I don’t know about the rest. As a Ravens fan, I don’t have enough skin in the game to go to the lengths of looking up extensive stat comparisons. I just know that I saw the sack update.

Ah, weird! I used that information yesterday, so perhaps it just wasn't updated yet.

Personally I don’t know why both players can’t be on the same level?

Here's the rest of my response (not sure why it's quoting your name here instead of mine)

TBH, I like TJ Watt a LOT. IMO, even throwing out the supporting cast argument, I think Myles has the edge in rushing the passer, creating turnovers with strip sacks, etc. 

Don't get me wrong, I was actually REALLY hoping that the Browns would double up and get him and Myles both instead of Peppers, so I was disappointed when they got him...not to mention when they traded up to #29, the pick before TJ, and got Njoku instead with Watt there...so that was very frustrating. The fact that 7 EDGE guys went before Watt is laughable, and I said so at the time.

I think that they're both clearly elite players and I like them both. Both are great fits schematically for their respective teams. Watt is an outstanding 3-4 OLB and Myles was built for a 4 man front IMO. Like I said, I was a huge T.J. Watt fan coming out. As an OSU fan, I got to see a LOT of Wisconsin play, and he stood out. He has every intangible imaginable, and was criminally underrated as an athlete.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ah, weird! I used that information yesterday, so perhaps it just wasn't updated yet.

Here's the rest of my response (not sure why it's quoting your name here instead of mine)

I think that they're both clearly elite players and I like them both. Both are great fits schematically for their respective teams. Watt is an outstanding 3-4 OLB and Myles was built for a 4 man front IMO. Like I said, I was a huge T.J. Watt fan coming out. As an OSU fan, I got to see a LOT of Wisconsin play, and he stood out. He has every intangible imaginable, and was criminally underrated as an athlete.

Oh yeah, I meant in terms of the thread in general. I have argued since I came in here that they were both on the same level (to me), but if I had to choose one over the other, it’s Watt, BECAUSE of the damage he’s done to the Ravens... and this was before he injured Ronnie Stanley. Now, at this point, I don’t think MG could ever overtake him in the calamity he’s caused this franchise... though, I hope he never does catch him because the only thing he could do to catch him IMO is something I won’t even speak aloud on. There’s already a Madden curse that I’m concerned of and I’d rather not leak some more negative juju into the universe. 😂 

Happy Sport GIF by JCPenney

https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/p/introducing-the-true-sack-rate-tsr

“And maybe most important: Myles Garrett is an alien. Garrett is the best edge-rusher in the NFL through 10 weeks and is head and shoulders above his peers when it comes to sack score & HQ sacks. Garrett has 5 more HQ sacks than 2nd place Joey Bosa’s 5, and at least 6 more than every other edge-rusher in the league. Garrett also has more HQ sacks this season (10) than the 6 other edge-rushers drafted in the first-round with him in 2017 have combined (T.J. Watt, Takk McKinley, Charles Harris, & Derek Barnett have 7 total).”

48 minutes ago, buno67 said:

“And maybe most important: Myles Garrett is an alien. Garrett is the best edge-rusher in the NFL through 10 weeks and is head and shoulders above his peers when it comes to sack score & HQ sacks. Garrett has 5 more HQ sacks than 2nd place Joey Bosa’s 5, and at least 6 more than every other edge-rusher in the league. Garrett also has more HQ sacks this season (10) than the 6 other edge-rushers drafted in the first-round with him in 2017 have combined (T.J. Watt, Takk McKinley, Charles Harris, & Derek Barnett have 7 total).”

On this note of chart production and value, PFF rates TJ Watt a 92.0 vs Myles Garrett as an 86.6... so Garrett is better at true sacks of high quality, while Watt is the better player overall.

At least that’s what could be gathered from the analysis of these two unbiased expert charting services.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Damnit, you beat me to it....🤣

This basically explained what ive been saying

Edited by MSURacerDT55

19 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

On this note of chart production and value, PFF rates TJ Watt a 92.0 vs Myles Garrett as an 86.6... so Garrett is better at true sacks of high quality, while Watt is the better player overall.

At least that’s what could be gathered from the analysis of these two unbiased expert charting services.

That's because they play two different positions, why keep bringing this up? He occasionally drops into coverage, sweet. If they played the same position, im sure Garrett would have a higher rating 

55 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That's because they play two different positions, why keep bringing this up? He occasionally drops into coverage, sweet. If they played the same position, im sure Garrett would have a higher rating 

Well that’s because Garrett plays a completely different position. I’m sure if Garrett played the same position, Watt would have a higher rating....

*I think I did that right*

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 9:20 AM, BlaqOptic said:

Here you go, take a moment and read. In fact they are not close if you look by pass rushing metrics. By not close, I mean Watt isnt in the same galaxy as Garrett is as a rusher. 

995c66aa-b09b-4ff2-a872-aa354b0d6b77_104

200.gif

• Like 2