2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

Its crazy the more guys  I look at the  more I wanna trade down in the first tp aquire more picks.

Anthony Miller is so electric. He's steve smith but more of a deep threat and less physical. He's  bulky looks like he can even take snaps from rb. Like a percy Harvin. People say day 2 for him but I wouldn't be shocked if he goes in the first.

Imagine him with a couple  of years of nfl strength and conditioning. 

One guy to keep an eye on at the combine is Billy Price, C/OG from Ohio State. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him as the second interior OL drafted after Nelson.

Lots to like about this kid. Got a nasty disposition and playing style but I'm thinking he may knock it out of the park next week.

3 hours ago, AKRNA said:

One guy to keep an eye on at the combine is Billy Price, C/OG from Ohio State. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him as the second interior OL drafted after Nelson.

Lots to like about this kid. Got a nasty disposition and playing style but I'm thinking he may knock it out of the park next week.

Is he similar to the guy that went to Minn Pat Eiflein? I mean I hear when ever people looked at other  prospects he's flashed.

13 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Is he similar to the guy that went to Minn Pat Eiflein? I mean I hear when ever people looked at other  prospects he's flashed.

Little bigger, little stronger, but isn't the finished product that Elflein was.

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Is he a year one starter at guard? Because hes gonna go at least top of round 2. Can't afford a redshirt year that high.

I think he definitely is.  Though, I’m not so sure Denver goes interior OL that high unless they lose Paradis.

There will definitely be competition, but McGovern played well when given the opportunity and I could see Denver being confident moving into the year thinking Leary, Paradis, McGovern is a very solid starting interior.  Especially if they really want to commit to the run game.  Max Garcia would still be in the mix there as well and has gotten work each offseason at OC. 

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

I think he definitely is.  Though, I’m not so sure Denver goes interior OL that high unless they lose Paradis.

There will definitely be competition, but McGovern played well when given the opportunity and I could see Denver being confident moving into the year thinking Leary, Paradis, McGovern is a very solid starting interior.  Especially if they really want to commit to the run game.  Max Garcia would still be in the mix there as well and has gotten work each offseason at OC. 

So Quentin Nelson is a long shot because of Mcgovern? I didn't know Mcgovern was that well regarded. 

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

So Quentin Nelson is a long shot because of Mcgovern? I didn't know Mcgovern was that well regarded. 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like McGovern is the next Steve Hutchinson, but he played well when given a shot over the last 3 weeks.  Did a hell of a job vs the Dolphins, won quite a few battles 1 vs 1 against Suh in that game.  Also maybe the most athletic interior player on the roster and made some key blocks pulling throughout those 3 weeks.  I also know many in the media that were able to pay more attention to TC and Preseason thought he’d outplayed Garcia during that process and couldn’t believe it’d taken Denver that long to give him a shot.

McGovern also has experience at center.  So Denver would have versatility along the interior with both McGovern and Garcia able to play either OG spot and Center, as well as Leary able to play either OG spot.

3 hours ago, germ-x said:

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like McGovern is the next Steve Hutchinson, but he played well when given a shot over the last 3 weeks.  Did a hell of a job vs the Dolphins, won quite a few battles 1 vs 1 against Suh in that game.  Also maybe the most athletic interior player on the roster and made some key blocks pulling throughout those 3 weeks.  I also know many in the media that were able to pay more attention to TC and Preseason thought he’d outplayed Garcia during that process and couldn’t believe it’d taken Denver that long to give him a shot.

McGovern also has experience at center.  So Denver would have versatility along the interior with both McGovern and Garcia able to play either OG spot and Center, as well as Leary able to play either OG spot.

I agree but can we count on Leary ? Or Garcia? Leary and that back severity could be overblown because we were bad but he went undrafted because of back problems.  I've been wanting to get rid of Garcia since the Superbowl year.

Do those things  make you pass on the best Guard since Larry Allen?

31 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I agree but can we count on Leary ? Or Garcia? Leary and that back severity could be overblown because we were bad but he went undrafted because of back problems.  I've been wanting to get rid of Garcia since the Superbowl year.

Do those things  make you pass on the best Guard since Larry Allen?

Nelson is one of my favorite players in the draft and IMO the safest pick in the top 5.  Even then, I don’t think I’d take him.  Hernandez, Wynn, Daniels, maybe even Price all seem like better value in the late 1st/2nd round.  Wynn, Daniels, and Price also bring more versatility.  Hell, throw Connor Williams in that mix too.  He’s falling down boards and some think he’s short armed and a better fit at OG.

I’d also caution getting overly hyped with Nelson being the best OG in decades.  This literally happens every year or 2.  It wasn’t long ago Jonathan Cooper and Chance Warmack were getting similar type of hype and they didn’t live up to it.  

Nelson won’t fail, it’d be incredibly surprising if he did, but if he’s only above average (which is possible) throughout his career that’s an awful pick.

IMO, I don’t think Nelson is even under consideration unless Denver signs Cousins in FA.  Even then, I don’t know that he’d be a top priority.  IIRC, Elway considers QBs, LTs, pass rushers, and DBs the most important positions in football.  I fully expect Denver to take a player at one of those positions at #5 or trade back.

As much as people are harping on the offensive side of the ball, depending on how the board fell I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Elway take Bradley Chubb, Minkah Fitzpatrick, or Tremaine Edmunds at #5 over a Nelson or Smith or even Barkley because I think Elway values their positions more.  Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds would all be worthy of that pick as well.

23 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Nelson is one of my favorite players in the draft and IMO the safest pick in the top 5.  Even then, I don’t think I’d take him.  Hernandez, Wynn, Daniels, maybe even Price all seem like better value in the late 1st/2nd round.  Wynn, Daniels, and Price also bring more versatility.  Hell, throw Connor Williams in that mix too.  He’s falling down boards and some think he’s short armed and a better fit at OG.

I’d also caution getting overly hyped with Nelson being the best OG in decades.  This literally happens every year or 2.  It wasn’t long ago Jonathan Cooper and Chance Warmack were getting similar type of hype and they didn’t live up to it.  

Nelson won’t fail, it’d be incredibly surprising if he did, but if he’s only above average (which is possible) throughout his career that’s an awful pick.

IMO, I don’t think Nelson is even under consideration unless Denver signs Cousins in FA.  Even then, I don’t know that he’d be a top priority.  IIRC, Elway considers QBs, LTs, pass rushers, and DBs the most important positions in football.  I fully expect Denver to take a player at one of those positions at #5 or trade back.

As much as people are harping on the offensive side of the ball, depending on how the board fell I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Elway take Bradley Chubb, Minkah Fitzpatrick, or Tremaine Edmunds at #5 over a Nelson or Smith or even Barkley because I think Elway values their positions more.  Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds would all be worthy of that pick as well.

Trumaine Edmunds might be my favorite player in the draft I want him and his brother.  He's a physical freak of nature just hope he isnt soft like Aaron Curry.

He'd make passing on foster look great. Him and Barkley are safe barring injuries.

Fitzpatrick is a lot like Nelson doesn't fit a need I heard there's a great corner and that dt from Michigan has Aaron Donald like traits.

Fitzpatrick absolutely fits a need. How doesn't he? If we dump Talib, then we have Harris, Roby, and no one else. The caliber long-term of someone like Darian Stewart is a question, plus, it's no certainty that Roby sticks around. CB is absolutely a need considering we had 3 starting caliber guys for several years now. 

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Fitzpatrick absolutely fits a need. How doesn't he? If we dump Talib, then we have Harris, Roby, and no one else. The caliber long-term of someone like Darian Stewart is a question, plus, it's no certainty that Roby sticks around. CB is absolutely a need considering we had 3 starting caliber guys for several years now. 

Can he really play corner though?

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Can he really play corner though?

I haven’t watched him, but from what I’ve read the big question is if he can hold up as an outside CB.  Even if he can’t consistently lineup in that role, he’s still plenty capable of doing it situationally.  He’s also rated as one of the best Nickel CBs in the draft, as well as the best safety.

He literally does it all with the size to match up with TEs.  Maybe he doesn’t end up being a pure isolated outside corner, but his versatility to basically fill any role at DB is incredibly valuable in today’s NFL and well worth a selection at #5.  

31 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I haven’t watched him, but from what I’ve read the big question is if he can hold up as an outside CB.  Even if he can’t consistently lineup in that role, he’s still plenty capable of doing it situationally.  He’s also rated as one of the best Nickel CBs in the draft, as well as the best safety.

He literally does it all with the size to match up with TEs.  Maybe he doesn’t end up being a pure isolated outside corner, but his versatility to basically fill any role at DB is incredibly valuable in today’s NFL and well worth a selection at #5.  

With chris harris wanting to move outside not a bad idea.

Archived