2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

10 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

And the more I read on Darnold the more he scares me. For a college qb with his elite skill sets to lose all of his confidence worries me. It gets no easier playing for a 5 and 11 team. 

Where'd you read that? I'd be interested to read it as well. 

18 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Can't find an article about him saying it himself but I heard it a lot I feel like.

Yeah, I've heard it too here and there, Walter Football's SR being one, but I was just curious if you had found something somewhere more concrete or in-depth. Even The LA Times didn't have much on it. 

56 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah, I've heard it too here and there, Walter Football's SR being one, but I was just curious if you had found something somewhere more concrete or in-depth. Even The LA Times didn't have much on it. 

Does that shock you? The LA media has trouble criticizing the Ball family.  Would you expect them to have negative articles on their Golden boy? The first one since Carson Palmer. No one was sold on Sanchez or Hollywood matt Leinart. Or John David Booty flakes.

Re: Billy Price, up until today, we had no shot to get him, as he was projected as a top 20-25 guy.  

Unfortunately for him, this happened....

Too soon to be sure, but they already sent him to hospital right away - so the chances of a major pec injury (and a 6-month+ recovery period for a trench player) is really high.   What really sucks is that the Combine for him was unlikely to change his stock - #2 interior OL behind Nelson, and certainly best C.   Really sucks for him.

If his stock drops far enough though, we should definitely consider, esp by Rd3.   Might not fall far enough, but if it does, this is a huge opportunity (as pec injuries take a long time to recover from, but done without complications, don't have the same risk for shortening careers, as say, a shoulder with a QB, or Achilles/patellar with skill players.

FWIW, if Barkley blows up on the agility / explosion drills, given he's already checked off all the boxes on size (and of course, elite production/tape), we can forget about him being there at 1.5 for us.  

Ironically, while I don't think bench press is a great test of football functional strength, he just did 29 reps...15 more than Orlando Brown (ironic part is Barkley isn't really a power back at all).  His Combine profile could be historic (which means little by itself...but when you combine it with his on-the-field skill set production and tape...yikes).

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Re: Billy Price, up until today, we had no shot to get him, as he was projected as a top 20-25 guy.  

Unfortunately for him, this happened....

Too soon to be sure, but they already sent him to hospital right away - so the chances of a major pec injury (and a 6-month+ recovery period for a trench player) is really high.   What really sucks is that the Combine for him was unlikely to change his stock - #2 interior OL behind Nelson, and certainly best C.   Really sucks for him.

If his stock drops far enough though, we should definitely consider, esp by Rd3.   Might not fall far enough, but if it does, this is a huge opportunity (as pec injuries take a long time to recover from, but done without complications, don't have the same risk for shortening careers, as say, a shoulder with a QB, or Achilles/patellar with skill players.

I'd run to the podium in the second for him he seems more versatile than Hernandez. And you can't go wrong with Ohio State interior lineman. 3rd it would be a no brainer. 

Dan Feeney dropped to the 3rd due too concussions no matter what Price has I find it hard to see him going  3rd round.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'd run to the podium in the second for him he seems more versatile than Hernandez. And you can't go wrong with Ohio State interior lineman. 3rd it would be a no brainer. 

Dan Feeney dropped to the 3rd due too concussions no matter what Price has I find it hard to see him going  3rd round.

It depends on how much of 2018 he’s going to miss.  For a 2nd rounder to redshirt part or all of the rookie year it’s a price many teams won’t risk.  For a premium position it’s seem more like with Sydney Jones.   It’s a no brainer at 3.8 for sure.  Just too soon without more info.  If he somehow avoided a huge injury he likely keeps his 1st round status.  Sucks for him since he really wasn’t dropping or rising far either way. 

32 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It depends on how much of 2018 he’s going to miss.  For a 2nd rounder to redshirt part or all of the rookie year it’s a price many teams won’t risk.  For a premium position it’s seem more like with Sydney Jones.   It’s a no brainer at 3.8 for sure.  Just too soon without more info.  If he somehow avoided a huge injury he likely keeps his 1st round status.  Sucks for him since he really wasn’t dropping or rising far either way. 

I get that I just don't know how many interior lineman spots he's gonna drop of he's 2 before this I can't see him drop to 10 after.  All gms draft players and factor in their short term and long term contributions his long term is too hard to pass up.

Teams will aslo see the impact Pat Eifleen another Osu guy and see the difference he made to that line. Along with them being in the title game.

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I get that I just don't know how many interior lineman spots he's gonna drop of he's 2 before this I can't see him drop to 10 after.  All gms draft players and factor in their short term and long term contributions his long term is too hard to pass up.

Teams will aslo see the impact Pat Eifleen another Osu guy and see the difference he made to that line. Along with them being in the title game.

He's projected 2nd round.  It's not very hard to imagine him dropping 30+ spots if hes not going to be ready to go Week 1.  It's not just OL its all the other guys that will leap him.  

21 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

He's projected 2nd round.  It's not very hard to imagine him dropping 30+ spots if hes not going to be ready to go Week 1.  It's not just OL its all the other guys that will leap him.  

Why did people say he was projected first.

22 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

End of first, Early 2nd thats pretty interchangeable come draft day.  It's not like he was expected to go top 10

Yup...by tier Price ranks in the top 20-25 IMO on talent alone but as we very well know teams reach for need all the time.   The gap between 20-25 and 35-40 most years is smaller than the gap between top 10 and 20-25 range.   To have him drop from late 1st/early 2nd the tumble can be a lot more than say from the top 10.  

Either way though we don’t know how serious the injury is...yet.   Hopefully for him it’s not too bad.  Price really had little to gain or lose performance wise this was the worst case scenario for him.   

Archived