2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW LSU Guice seems to be the 2nd RB on the board.  It’s a mistake IMO but seems like the 2nd RB is going Rd1.   If you aren’t a true generational RB HoF ceiling talent I pass as you can get similar talent way cheaper but I expect the recent RB rookie success means someone pays up.  

Don’t expect that Guice will be there at Rd2 if he’s the #2 RB in this class.   The GA RB or Penny look to be the targets there barring off the field / injury issues.  

How'd the Auburn rb Johnson do ? Wouldn't mind Royce Freeman either.

I think the UGA running backs will go early considering what they did in the BCS playoffs and even in the Championship game...too bad we couldn't get them in a package deal...draft Sonny rd. 3-ish and Chubb rd. 4.  You get that duo with Hernandez...signing a competent RT...hope that Butt produces while getting another solid TE in the mix...how could Josh Allen fail behind that?  

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Haha literally  just posted about him I'm coming around on him. I think his accuracy issues are due to primarily holding the ball too long.

I also love Hernandez this guy is an elite guard prospect over shadowed by a generational talent in nelson.

If we can land Allen and Hernandez first round or 2 thats a great start.

What I like most, if the Broncos draft Allen, outside of the physicality, is that it seems like he is working, learning, and progressing.  I am okay with that.  I think Paxton thought that his arm would get him draft early which it did, and then it seemed like he'd be handed the keys to the franchise.  He stopped working and got outworked by a 7th round draft pick...if Josh Allen is humble and willing to work and put in the time....I am okay with the pick at #5...you know Elway wants to if he misses out on Cousins.  And, I think Allen seems like he'd be a good face of the franchise for awhile...I like that.  

1 minute ago, jsthomp2007 said:

What I like most, if the Broncos draft Allen, outside of the physicality, is that it seems like he is working, learning, and progressing.  I am okay with that.  I think Paxton thought that his arm would get him draft early which it did, and then it seemed like he'd be handed the keys to the franchise.  He stopped working and got outworked by a 7th round draft pick...if Josh Allen is humble and willing to work and put in the time....I am okay with the pick at #5...you know Elway wants to if he misses out on Cousins.  And, I think Allen seems like he'd be a good face of the franchise for awhile...I like that.  

Thats my point on Allen the whole process. He has the want too and all the intangible traits. He also is elite physically. He can be a bust any guy can but a guy with work ethic, and a guy who got humbled not getting d 1 offers. How can anyone not like those odds.

Mayfield also has the want to I don't think he'll be a franchise guy or a bust. I wish he was more athletic but he's agile. I think Jeff Garcia is a great comp. 

And I think Broncos want a bigger rb. Booker is a 3rd down back has had injury issues. I feel like Henderson fits the small quick back mold who can do it all.

They want a bigger back for sure I'd rather have penny or royce than Michel. I do like Chubb 29 reps for his size, plus he runs hard.

13 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

Mayock said that with Rosen's injury history and his inability to get out of the pocket, he doesn't think he'll last in the NFL

He said it was a concern not whether he thinks he can improve. That's why hes his 3rd qb. I think he can improve that area. It's manipulating the pocket that's what Brady does.

Giants have a dilemma on their hands with the state of their oline I'm not sure they can put Rosen through that.

1 minute ago, jolly red giant said:

Giants aren't the only ones with that problem.

I think our oline is in way better shape than theirs. They need a left tackle, and guard from the top of my head. Their gm says they wanna spend big on a guard in free agency. 

We need a guard and right tackle I think that is doable.

Archived