2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

On 1/31/2018 at 8:28 AM, broncos67 said:

I am INCREDIBLY skeptical that Bolles will be a Top 5 LT. At best, I think he can land in the top half of LTs next year, but he needs to work on technique and especially on cutting down penalties. He had more than a few killers this year which is just not acceptable. If he gets to the Top 5 LT point, I'll happily eat crow, but I don't think he's better than Ramczyk (who I was wrong on based on this year) so we'll see.

If we sign Cousins, I am with you on trading down, and I'm not typically a huge fan of trading down. It may be unrealistic, but a scenario in which we trade #5 for Buffalo's 2 firsts and either a first or second next year is not unrealistic considering team needs across the board. We would be in a tremendous position to restock the team with younger talent (especially if we got 3 firsts). 

Yea I don't see top 5 but if he can be a top half the league LT I'll take that all day.  We shouldn't expect anything from any QB (drafted or free agent until) we can protect them.  A leap from Bolles and we're halfway there, now find a RT.

Also, just saw on PFF that Ramczyk was awesome this year, no one should be surprised.

1 hour ago, elliot878 said:

Also, just saw on PFF that Ramczyk was awesome this year, no one should be surprised.

I'm not surprised because I did like him more than Bolles but I think our sorry state at QB and revolving LG play really worked against Bolles. Not to mention the horrid play calling/game planning.

5 hours ago, elliot878 said:

Yea I don't see top 5 but if he can be a top half the league LT I'll take that all day.  We shouldn't expect anything from any QB (drafted or free agent until) we can protect them.  A leap from Bolles and we're halfway there, now find a RT.

I liked Ramczyk a lot last year.  Still not disappointed in the Bolles pick.  He needs some fundamentals cleaned up, but 6’5” 300 pounders with his athleticism, length, and toughness don’t grow on trees.  Bolles while older, was definitely the most raw of the top OT prospects.  Hopefully a full offseason and some experience leads to an improved year, and Bolles wasn’t awful last year either.  I fully expect him to improve considering how raw he was.

22 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

I'm not surprised because I did like him more than Bolles but I think our sorry state at QB and revolving LG play really worked against Bolles. Not to mention the horrid play calling/game planning.

The fact that Bolles committed a penalty on every other snap didn't help much either. 

On 2/3/2018 at 4:11 PM, iLikeDefense said:

Maybe he had to after teams decided to pin their ears back by the 2nd qtr.

Eh, this is a pretty weak argument. He held because he was getting beat by guys faster than him and his technique turned sloppy sometimes. Other times he was just throwing dudes to the ground. I don't mind the second one, we need some nastiness, but you gotta be smarter about it.

10 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Eh, this is a pretty weak argument. He held because he was getting beat by guys faster than him and his technique turned sloppy sometimes. Other times he was just throwing dudes to the ground. I don't mind the second one, we need some nastiness, but you gotta be smarter about it.

I mean I think it's fair to acknowledge that he was in a pretty bad situation. Bad QB play and a lot of third and longs throughout the season, next to a weak LG. He struggled with penalties because he would get beat, but I'm excited to see what he can do with improvement at the positions around him. 

45 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Sorry it was a meant more as a joke. I wasn't serious. But I do believe having a better QB and a better LG would improve his chances in committing less penalties and playing better. I hope he makes that jump.

1 hour ago, iLikeDefense said:

Sorry it was a meant more as a joke. I wasn't serious. But I do believe having a better QB and a better LG would improve his chances in committing less penalties and playing better. I hope he makes that jump.

He also needs some good coaching. Right now he's way too impatient in pass pro and has pretty awful technique.  He causes his own problems

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know anything about Mike White qb from western Kentucky? He was a 5 year player 3 year starter.  I believe he's pro ready. He does most of his damage horizontally but will test teams vertically. 

Any thoughts on what round he goes? Wouldn't mind seeing him on the roster at some compacity. Seems like a New England guy. Him or Falk will be a Patriot.

With the news coming down yesterday that we will get a third round compensatory pick, which should have come as no surprise to anyone, the draft order was finally finalized. 

We will have the 5, 40, 71, 99, 106, 109, 142, 163, 183 and 225. Six picks in the top 110 is nice to have. We have a real chance this offseason to restock the roster with some talent on cheap rookie contracts. 

4 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

With the news coming down yesterday that we will get a third round compensatory pick, which should have come as no surprise to anyone, the draft order was finally finalized. 

We will have the 5, 40, 71, 99, 106, 109, 142, 163, 183 and 225. Six picks in the top 110 is nice to have. We have a real chance this offseason to restock the roster with some talent on cheap rookie contracts. 

But Elway will blunder at least four of those in the top 110

Archived