2018 College Prospect Thread

iLikeDefense

9 minutes ago, germ-x said:

The Pittsburgh offensive tackle, O’Neill is intriguing.  A bit undersized, but a former TE whose really athletic.  Glad he’s on the North squad.

There are some guys from the South squad I wish were on the North, but overall I’m happy with the players Denver is able to get a longer look at.

I haven't seen any of them but I'm hoping you and others mention a few other names. Anybody know anything about McCray, the big ILB from Michigan?

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

I haven't seen any of them but I'm hoping you and others mention a few other names. Anybody know anything about McCray, the big ILB from Michigan?

The great thing about McCray is that he has a lot of experience and he can tackle well. He reminds me of Todd Davis a bit, lacks the athleticism to cover and is limited a bit going sideline to sideline. He’d be a good back up and ST player.

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Have you watched Connor Williams?  Anyway I’ve been reading O’Neill has passed him on boards by some.  Williams actually has fallen off quite a bit by a lot of draftniks and many have him as a late 1st-early 2nd, while some still have him as the top OT in the draft.

2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Have you watched Connor Williams?  Anyway I’ve been reading O’Neill has passed him on boards by some.  Williams actually has fallen off quite a bit by a lot of draftniks and many have him as a late 1st-early 2nd, while some still have him as the top OT in the draft.

Just a few plays. He warrants more. The only guy I've watched 30+ plays of is Nelson. With all the hype I had to see him play.

Most dominant college OG I've seen. Might have been the competition but he never lost a snap.

As far as the OL goes Denver’s roster is stacked.

Brian O’Neill, OT, Pitt

Mason Cole, OC/OG, Michigan

Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon

Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP

Chukwuma Orkorafor, OT, Western Michigan

Other than Cole, all potential top 64 picks.

3 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Just a few plays. He warrants more. The only guy I've watched 30+ plays of is Nelson. With all the hype I had to see him play.

Most dominant college OG I've seen. Might have been the competition but he never lost a snap.

I really haven’t watched any of these guys either, just going off what I’ve read.  O’Neill seems like a guy whose weigh ins will be crucial. Only listed at 290. 

Hernandez some believe is hands down the #2 OG in the draft.  Big, 6’3” 330.

Crosby some on this forum love.  Haven’t seen him, but I’ll take their word for it until I do.

Okorafor has gotten a lot of hype as well for a big OT.  Supposedly may have the athleticism to play LT, even at 330 pounds.

Cole is just an old school grinder.  Played a ton of football at Michigan and started at both LT and OC and was a true freshman starter.  Projects better inside though.

10 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I really haven’t watched any of these guys either, just going off what I’ve read.  O’Neill seems like a guy whose weigh ins will be crucial. Only listed at 290. 

Crosby some on this forum love.  Haven’t seen him, but I’ll take their word for it until I do.

Okorafor has gotten a lot of hype as well for a big OT.  Supposedly may have the athleticism to play LT, even at 330 pounds.

Cole is just an old school grinder.  Played a ton of football at Michigan and started at both LT and OC and was a true freshman starter.  Projects better inside though.

If we don’t go Nelson at 5 and William Hernandez is their at 40, we take him right? With the OL coach connection and him being #2G.

I like Cole as well and you’re right, he’s strictly a G imo, lacks foot speed but his great with hands and is tough.

If we don’t go Nelson at 5 and William Hernandez is their at 40, we take him right? With the OL coach connection and him being #2G.

I would hope so. He has unreal functional strength and great technique. Tons of experience starting too. Dude always wins his 1-1 assignments. Not a dancing bear or a pulling OG but if we want to attack straight forward, which seems the plan, he is the guy.

13 hours ago, germ-x said:

I always wait until after all the bowl games to start watching the kids. By that time they've been filtered pretty good.

Another OL name no one is talking about is Isaiah Wynn out of Georgia.  Kind of in that Mason Cole category, though I like Cole more.   Doesn't have the length to play OT, but could transition well to OG and has versatility.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, iLikeDefense said:

I like Cole as well and you’re right, he’s strictly a G imo, lacks foot speed but his great with hands and is tough.

With Hernandez we'll have to wait and see. His draft stock will rise or fall a lot depending on how he performs at the combine. If he can display good quickness and lateral ability at his size he'd rise rapidly.

With Hernandez we'll have to wait and see. His draft stock will rise or fall a lot depending on how he performs at the combine. If he can display good quickness and lateral ability at his size he'd rise rapidly.

Hernandez is going to test pretty mediocre but he is a technical beast and totally ready to plug/play at LG (Started all 49 games of his career in college there). Has an NFL ready body, elite durability and a great mean streak. He remains my top choice for our R2 pick.

I am liking McGovern, but I also believe this team needs a constant interior swing man and that his role may best be suited there. Paradis has shown to be injury prone, and honestly may even lose a camp battle if we put McGovern against him at OC. Leary has knee issues and may go down at any time. I think McGovern gives us that versatile IOL that every good team needs. If he is the primary backup for LG/OC/RG, then it is very likely that he sees a good deal of playing time over the season.

Archived