Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

It definitely would but why on earth would Roma sell him?And why would he leave? 

Yeah seems kind of an odd one for Roma. Read this morning that Batshuayi could be used as a makeweight but still seems like a bad decision on Roma's part if they move him.

On 17/01/2018 at 6:21 PM, Kip Smithers said:

Yeah you were right on Drinkwater don’t mean you can’t be wrong on Carroll. As for Carroll, he’s one dimensional. Seriously. That doesn’t help us at all. He’s injured all the time. He’s not good enough to put on the Chelsea shirt. If Carroll is your back up striker and you’re a top 4 team that’s is horrible. 

United will have Lukaku, Ibrahimovic, Sanchez, Martial and Rashford. 

You could have Morata and Carroll. 

7 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah seems kind of an odd one for Roma. Read this morning that Batshuayi could be used as a makeweight but still seems like a bad decision on Roma's part if they move him.

Roma are pretty consistently in a poor financial state as as a result are a perennial selling club. This is just about the last window they'll be able to cash in on Dzeko, so in that regard I think it makes a lot of sense. Especially if they rate Michy and believe that he's enough to keep them in the top 4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imarobot said:

Roma are pretty consistently in a poor financial state as as a result are a perennial selling club. This is just about the last window they'll be able to cash in on Dzeko, so in that regard I think it makes a lot of sense. Especially if they rate Michy and believe that he's enough to keep them in the top 4.

They're also going to be building a new stadium finally which I'm guessing is going to put a huge drain on their finances. 

Seems like maybe this is why they brought Monchi in. They're gonna sell off their assets and then hope he can find them young/cheap talent that they can eventually sell off for a profit, rinse and repeat. 

• Like 1

Just now, BaltimoreTerp said:

They're also going to be building a new stadium finally which I'm guessing is going to put a huge drain on their finances. 

Seems like maybe this is why they brought Monchi in. They're gonna sell off their assets and then hope he can find them young/cheap talent that they can eventually sell off for a profit, rinse and repeat. 

It's been the Roma way the past few seasons. buy for 10-15m, sell a year or so later for 20-30m.