Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

13 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

United spend... City spend, everybody spends. That's not my points. Jose gets no credit for what he does, while everybody praises Pep way too much. Everywhere he has been he has out spend every other team in the league. In Barca, Bayern, and City. Jose doesn't spend like Pep does, and we clearly have some holes in our squad. Pep's team is first in the league with no clear needs and he is spending 60m on a defender. That's a joke. 

If it wasn't for De Gea god-moding this season, United would be fighting for a top 5 spot when you look at the xG and xGA numbers. The defense has been horrid for a CL hopeful team.

15 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

United spend... City spend, everybody spends. That's not my points. Jose gets no credit for what he does, while everybody praises Pep way too much. Everywhere he has been he has out spend every other team in the league. In Barca, Bayern, and City. Jose doesn't spend like Pep does, and we clearly have some holes in our squad. Pep's team is first in the league with no clear needs and he is spending 60m on a defender. That's a joke. 

Oh be real, are you trying to act like United aren't pretty much right behind City in spending? Because they've spent a boat load of cash since Jose came. The hilarity of one of the wealthiest, highest spending clubs in the worlds fan-base acting like they're getting outspent and that's why thy lose :D

26 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

Oh be real, are you trying to act like United aren't pretty much right behind City in spending? Because they've spent a boat load of cash since Jose came. The hilarity of one of the wealthiest, highest spending clubs in the worlds fan-base acting like they're getting outspent and that's why thy lose :D

Jose had to spend... United finished 6th before he took over. City won the damn league before Pep took over. The talent United had before Jose and the talent that City had before Pep can't be compared... you would have to be a moron to think that. United weren't even considered the 4-5 best team in the league anymore. City without Pep were either 1st or 2nd every year and always in the CL. And yes United do spend, but no close to what City spends every year. Just this year, City (£220.5m), Chelsea (£202m), Manchester United (£165m) and Everton (£152m).

Once again my point is not that club shouldn't spend.... but the way Pep spends at City and gets praised for it is kind of ridiclous. If any manager in the top 5 like Conte, Klopp, Pochettino, etc. would spend that kind of money they would get the same result or even better, which is just winning the league. Nobody can deny that City has more talent, by a wide margin, than any other team in the league. 

Edited by Eagles $5$

2 hours ago, rcon14 said:

If it wasn't for De Gea god-moding this season, United would be fighting for a top 5 spot when you look at the xG and xGA numbers. The defense has been horrid for a CL hopeful team.

Lol... I don't understand the argument here. You're saying United aren't good as their record??? I would agree with that honestly. We have had a lot of injuries (Bailly, Lindelöf, Jones, Rojo, Valencia, Shaw) have all been injuried at one point or another, but overall we don't stack up with City in terms of talent. Jose has done a great job with the amount of talent he is working with. if we want to count how many of our players will get into City's starting 11, I would say 2 or 3 maybe (DDG, Pogba, Sanchez), and one of them just got signed. 

5 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Lol... I don't understand the argument here. You're saying United aren't good as their record??? I would agree with that honestly. We have had a lot of injuries (Bailly, Lindelöf, Jones, Rojo, Valencia, Shaw) have all been injuried at one point or another, but overall we don't stack up with City in terms of talent. Jose has done a great job with the amount of talent he is working with. if we want to count how many of our players will get into City's starting 11, I would say 2 or 3 maybe (DDG, Pogba, Sanchez), and one of them just got signed. 

I'm saying crying about City spending their vast resources while rooting for the biggest commercial team in the world is silly. United has vastly underperformed their financial capabilities, and Mourinho is supposed to be a dynamite defensive coach, but the defense has been so porous (by CL standards).

1 minute ago, rcon14 said:

I'm saying crying about City spending their vast resources while rooting for the biggest commercial team in the world is silly. United has vastly underperformed their financial capabilities, and Mourinho is supposed to be a dynamite defensive coach, but the defense has been so porous (by CL standards).

Lol where was I crying... I'm just repeating myself now. All I'm saying is that Pep has underachieved with the amount resources and money he has. City won the league before he got there, and they are doing the same now. They aren't going win the CL with that defense, and will be exposed once again. 

2 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Lol where was I crying... I'm just repeating myself now. All I'm saying is that Pep has underachieved with the amount resources and money he has. City won the league before he got there, and they are doing the same now. They aren't going win the CL with that defense, and will be exposed once again. 

He’s underachieved?  He’s been here One and a half seasons. First season they underachieved but this season they could very well win 3 trophies and have dominated the league. They’ve won the league before twice just edging it. This year they are running away with it and have been all year. So how has he underachieved. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rcon14 said:

Jose has done a great job with the amount of talent he is working with.

This is just nonsense. 

We are one of the worst teams to watch in the PL at times despite having at his disposal, Lukaku, Martial, Rashford, Mata, Herrera, Lingard, Pogba and even Ibra. Most weeks it's painful to watch, Pep would have us singing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

He’s underachieved?  He’s been here One and a half seasons. First season they underachieved but this season they could very well win 3 trophies and have dominated the league. They’ve won the league before twice just edging it. This year they are running away with it and have been all year. So how has he underachieved. 

If City romp the league and win the FA Cup, I really don't see how it could be an underachievement. 

I don't think CL is out of their grasp. 

5 hours ago, texans_uk said:

If City romp the league and win the FA Cup, I really don't see how it could be an underachievement. 

I don't think CL is out of their grasp. 

And it just literally can't be argued that Jose doesn't have a talented enough squad to deliver the goods. United and spent and spent and spent (as the names you listed above suggest) and Jose hasn't got them playing any better than Moyes or van Gaal.

19 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

This 'exposed' defense currently leads the PL in xGA by 3 over Chelsea.

Man United currently sit 6th in xPts. I acknowledge that using this methodology is not perfect, but ManU are extremely fortunate to be in their current position, and are far closer to the bottom of the top 6 than they are to Man City. 

3 hours ago, rcon14 said:

This 'exposed' defense currently leads the PL in xGA by 3 over Chelsea.

Man United currently sit 6th in xPts. I acknowledge that using this methodology is not perfect, but ManU are extremely fortunate to be in their current position, and are far closer to the bottom of the top 6 than they are to Man City. 

United are Second because they benefited from a cakewalk of a fixture list to start the year. I think most realise that they’re not as good as the league table suggests

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

United are Second because they benefited from a cakewalk of a fixture list to start the year. I think most realise that they’re not as good as the league table suggests

And xPts doesn't even take into account opponent. With that easier schedule, ManU still sit sixth. Things don't look great for them.