Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

19 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Good thing is with Lukaku, Rashford, Martial and Ibra we won't be leaning on him anywhere near as much as Chile or Arsenal do. 

Of course this is Mourinho we are talking about, so he'll probably play 90 minutes every week. 

It's also Alexis we're talking about. It can be 4-0 in the 80th minute and he's gonna sulk if he gets taken off. He wants to play every minute of every game and will make it his business to ensure that happens.  

3 minutes ago, marky mark said:

Man City will pay Laporte's €65m release clause

It's crazy that he's only 23, seems like he has been around for ages. I haven't followed La Liga as close as I once did but he's got everything Pep looks for in a CB. Compared to Van Djik's fee the cost doesn't seem terrible. 

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

It's crazy that he's only 23, seems like he has been around for ages. I haven't followed La Liga as close as I once did but he's got everything Pep looks for in a CB. Compared to Van Djik's fee the cost doesn't seem terrible. 

Add the tax as well. It might end up costing the same amount

25 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Over 200m spent on his back-line, but still needing a 60m centre back. What a great coach Guardiola is!

Bit rich coming from a United supporter isn't it? Baily and Lindelof cost about 75-80m didn't they? Also Mendy basically hasn't played at all.

I'm not going to act like it doesn't help to have a fortune to spend on players but I don't know how you can watch City this season and not think he's done an incredible job and United certainly have shown they've got plenty of cash to burn and aren't anywhere near touching distance to City. 

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

Bit rich coming from a United supporter isn't it? Baily and Lindelof cost about 75-80m didn't they? Also Mendy basically hasn't played at all.

I'm not going to act like it doesn't help to have a fortune to spend on players but I don't know how you can watch City this season and not think he's done an incredible job and United certainly have shown they've got plenty of cash to burn and aren't anywhere near touching distance to City. 

United spend... City spend, everybody spends. That's not my points. Jose gets no credit for what he does, while everybody praises Pep way too much. Everywhere he has been he has out spend every other team in the league. In Barca, Bayern, and City. Jose doesn't spend like Pep does, and we clearly have some holes in our squad. Pep's team is first in the league with no clear needs and he is spending 60m on a defender. That's a joke. 

4 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

United spend... City spend, everybody spends. That's not my points. Jose gets no credit for what he does, while everybody praises Pep way too much. Everywhere he has been he has out spend every other team in the league. In Barca, Bayern, and City. Jose doesn't spend like Pep does, and we clearly have some holes in our squad. Pep's team is first in the league with no clear needs and he is spending 60m on a defender. That's a joke. 

To be fair to Pep, City don't have their sets on a league title, they have their eyes on the CL and this side is not good enough to win the CL yet. I don't really see the problem with upgrading your team if the money available either way really. Kompany is unreliable in terms of health and it certainly wouldn't hurt to give Otamendi and Stones some competition. 

How is how much clubs spend not your point? That's literally your entire point. What has Jose done that is more impressive than Conte at Chelsea? They're three points behind you, haven't spent (net) much in the summer or winter windows and still play better football than United. Hell I'd say Klopp and Pochettino have been more impressive than Jose. Pochettino has barely spent money and has dealt with injuries and still has done a good job and Klopp is five points behind you guys and winning games with bad centerbacks and goalkeeper and the midfield isn't exactly anything to write home about. I fail to see what Jose has done exactly. He took over a club with huge revenue, spent a ton of money, plays bad football and has his team in a top four spot? He has done a fine job but I don't see why we should be heaping praise on him and acting like Pep doesn't deserve praise for having a side that plays some of the best football I've seen in the Premier League while getting results and running away with the league. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

To be fair to Pep, City don't have their sets on a league title, they have their eyes on the CL and this side is not good enough to win the CL yet. I don't really see the problem with upgrading your team if the money available either way really. Kompany is unreliable in terms of health and it certainly wouldn't hurt to give Otamendi and Stones some competition. 

How is how much clubs spend not your point? That's literally your entire point. What has Jose done that is more impressive than Conte at Chelsea? They're three points behind you, haven't spent (net) much in the summer or winter windows and still play better football than United. Hell I'd say Klopp and Pochettino have been more impressive than Jose. Pochettino has barely spent money and has dealt with injuries and still has done a good job and Klopp is five points behind you guys and winning games with bad centerbacks and goalkeeper and the midfield isn't exactly anything to write home about. I fail to see what Jose has done exactly. He took over a club with huge revenue, spent a ton of money, plays bad football and has his team in a top four spot? He has done a fine job but I don't see why we should be heaping praise on him and acting like Pep doesn't deserve praise for having a side that plays some of the best football I've seen in the Premier League while getting results and running away with the league. 

Lol you're making my point for me... My point is more directed to everybody being on Pep **** than anything else. Other coaches with the money him and City spend can do the same thing. Klopp, Pochettino, etc are just as capable. He took over a club that can win a title (and has won a title before him) and spent £475M spent in 18 months by, around £200 million worth of defenders and they still have the same problem. They aren't going to win the CL, and you can quote me on that, whether or not they sign Laporte. My point is that Pep is overrated, when you take into the fact that everywhere he goes he can buy any player he wants at anytime with endless amount of money available. 

3 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Lol you're making my point for me... My point is more directed to everybody being on Pep **** than anything else. Other coaches with the money him and City spend can do the same thing. Klopp, Pochettino, etc are just as capable. He took over a club that can win a title (and has won a title before him) and spent £475M spent in 18 months by, around £200 million worth of defenders and they still have the same problem. They aren't going to win the CL, and you can quote me on that, whether or not they sign Laporte. My point is that Pep is overrated, when you take into the fact that everywhere he goes he can buy any player he wants at anytime with endless amount of money available. 

I don't necessarily disagree that he's had the benefit of having huge amounts of money to spend and that it's hard to judge how he would fair with less funds to use. I guess my counterpoint is that he's delivered the results to match his spending, they've lost one game in the league and have an ungodly goal differential. I'm not really sure where I stand on how good of manager Pep is but he's blowing the league away and playing some fantastic football in the process and it's hard to really criticize him. 

I don't think that they'll win the CL either I just brought that up because you said that they were first in the league and didn't need to spend money. City's ownership are desperate for a CL trophy and they'll continue to spend until they get it. 

Yes Pep has spent a lot of money and that shouldn’t be lost in his success and how dominant City have become. In fact he has spent a good more than other managers. However he still absolutely deserves much more credit than Mourinho. He hasn’t just bought these players, but these players have developed under him which can’t be said for Jose. Sterling, Sane, Gabriel and KdB (to an extent) have all gotten better under his stewardship. Since Jose has gotten to Utd who has he really improved? Who can you say has gotten better? I think that’s the separation. I don’t think Jose would be doing this with Peps team. I love Jose don’t get me wrong and I believe if you ask me who would I want for one game to win, it’d be him.