Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

That said, I have a hard time believing Dortmund are going to turn down 55+ million over a matter of Michy Batshuayi, particularly when they could likely just round around and take him on loan from Chelsea WHEN the Blues sign another forward (because if they don't get Giroud, you know Chelsea aren't leaving this window without another forward they prefer to Michy).

Love Inigo Martinez to Athletic Bilbao almost immediately after Laporte went to City. They must have been very prepared for the Laporte sell. Good deal for Bilbao as well, they got a very good defender who luckily fits their recruitment policy. Martinez is not going to be popular back in San Sebastian. 

15 hours ago, The LBC said:

That said, I have a hard time believing Dortmund are going to turn down 55+ million over a matter of Michy Batshuayi, particularly when they could likely just round around and take him on loan from Chelsea WHEN the Blues sign another forward (because if they don't get Giroud, you know Chelsea aren't leaving this window without another forward they prefer to Michy).

It is very possible our strike force stays as it is because we only have a couple of targets with both playing for our rivals so they’d be a bit reluctant to sell. I don’t think Dortmund are in any desperation to sell. I also don’t think Batshuayi wants to leave to be a back up elsewhere. So his options aren’t too widespread.

Giroud to Chelsea has been agreed so it sounds like this thing is happening. Giroud was my favorite player at Arsenal and he was often the only player outside of Sanchez to provide Arsenal a consistent goal threat. I think he'll do well at Chelsea but I think it's a shame. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Giroud to Chelsea has been agreed so it sounds like this thing is happening. Giroud was my favorite player at Arsenal and he was often the only player outside of Sanchez to provide Arsenal a consistent goal threat. I think he'll do well at Chelsea but I think it's a shame. 

I can't be alone in thinking that getting Giroud for half the price of Dzeko is amazing business. 

41 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Ornstein is saying otherwise.

19 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

I can't be alone in thinking that getting Giroud for half the price of Dzeko is amazing business. 

Nope he'd be a fantastic signing. I think he'd really add some fluidity to the Chelsea side. I think the likes of Hazard, Pedro and Willian would benefit from him. 

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Is that a joke? Giroud has done well in a super sub role but he has disappeared for long stretches of virtually every season he played with us. He was anything but consistent. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

23 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Is that a joke? Giroud has done well in a super sub role but he has disappeared for long stretches of virtually every season he played with us. He was anything but consistent. 

Maybe consistent was a poor word choice but certainly a proven goal scorer which Arsenal are now extremely short on. Lacazette has started slow and Aubameyang, while I expect to be successful, is going to be relied on immediately. I consider it a bit of gamble to lose both Sanchez and Giroud in the same window. It's damn good business to get Aubameyang for basically £40m, if someone had said he'd gone for that I'd have thought they were crazy. 

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

That it isn't agreed? I haven't seen it although it's tough keeping up to date on everything at work.

Ornstein is saying that no fee has been agreed and that we are trying to get Giroud at a lesser price. Arsenal as a result are essentially offering him to Dortmund but unsure if he wants to go there