Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

On 03/02/2018 at 4:04 AM, kempus said:

They 100% should have let him go. 60 million for Mahrez is lunacy. He's not even that good. Man City should be aiming higher.

I think he's worth it least that much to Leicester though. 

He's basically 90% of their creativity. 

• 3 months later...

Silly season is almost upon is. It usually gets messed up a bit in a World Cup summer, though. Lots of teams, agents and players like to wait until after the World Cup in the hope that they improve their value and options.

10 minutes ago, marky mark said:

Great signing for Atletico.

Plus we're "in a good position to sign Fabinho" according to Monaco's Vice President.  I have no idea where we'd play all these midfielders.

Somehow holding on to Griezmann and extending Oblak to increase his buyout would be the best pieces of business we could do this window though.  Hopefully the rumours* that Griezmann's told the squad that he's staying are true

*Rumours partly coming straight from Diego Godin's mouth

5 hours ago, drd23 said:

Plus we're "in a good position to sign Fabinho" according to Monaco's Vice President.  I have no idea where we'd play all these midfielders.

Somehow holding on to Griezmann and extending Oblak to increase his buyout would be the best pieces of business we could do this window though.  Hopefully the rumours* that Griezmann's told the squad that he's staying are true

*Rumours partly coming straight from Diego Godin's mouth

The fans boo'd him off the pitch... I think he is off to Barca.

1 hour ago, Eagles $5$ said:

The fans boo'd him off the pitch... I think he is off to Barca.

Do you mean recently, or back in November (or sometime around then)?

If recently, that was apparently only a few hundred of the "hardcore" fans.  A subset of the same fans that have been complaining about the move to the new stadium for years before and have continued this season, and about the updated club logo at the start of the season.  I get the sense that they have some romanticised view of football where good players never leave and the club never moved forward from their glory years in the 70s (or maybe the domestic double winning 95/96 season).

But in the end, who knows what Griezmann will do?  I'm not even sure he knows yet

3 hours ago, drd23 said:

Do you mean recently, or back in November (or sometime around then)?

If recently, that was apparently only a few hundred of the "hardcore" fans.  A subset of the same fans that have been complaining about the move to the new stadium for years before and have continued this season, and about the updated club logo at the start of the season.  I get the sense that they have some romanticised view of football where good players never leave and the club never moved forward from their glory years in the 70s (or maybe the domestic double winning 95/96 season).

But in the end, who knows what Griezmann will do?  I'm not even sure he knows yet

https://streamable.com/a1kp3

This was during there last game... Just a week after he won them the Europa League? 

I just don't see how he can come back from that??/ there has to be something there. 

2 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

https://streamable.com/a1kp3

This was during there last game... Just a week after he won them the Europa League? 

I just don't see how he can come back from that??/ there has to be something there. 

As I said, that's a small group of (admittedly very vocal) fans.  

Prior to the report that he'd told the squad before that game that he was staying, I thought he was almost certainly gone, but I have no idea what he'll do now. 

Solid if unspectacular move if it happens.  Lichsteiner was, for a time, a Top 2 RB in the world, but that was a number of years ago.  Still, on a free, bringing leadership to the back line, a better crosser than Bellerin (not arguable), we have negligible depth at the position aside from playing Ainsley Maitland-Niles out of position there, and he wants to come... it's certainly not bad business.