Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

11 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Goddammit Giroud is gonna mess this up for us refusing to leave London isn't he... 

Lol Balague is saying that it’s done and that Dortmund has given up on Giroud and will now get Michy because yeah we are surely gonna let Michy go without replacing him lol.

13 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Goddammit Giroud is gonna mess this up for us refusing to leave London isn't he... 

I think Dortmund will sell him and push something through. They're done with Aubameyang. I think Modeste could be the one who ends up at Dortmund. He's in China now but was tearing up the Bundesliga and had his best years under Dortmunds current manager when they were both at Cologne. 

I'm glad Auba finally got to realize his dream of playing for Arsenal, it was his grandfather's favorite club. 

Di Marzio is now saying that Giroud is moving closer to a move to Chelsea. Seems that this might be necessary on our end to get Auba as Dortmund need a replacement and Batshuayi becomes available if Chelsea sign Giroud. 

If we're able to make it a permanent sale and recoup some money to put into strengthening midfield or defense, then that's great business on our end. Don't love the idea of selling directly to a rival but the upside is getting Auba and that's more than worth it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

Yeah, I don't like selling to rivals ever, but this is something that makes sense for both sides.  Giroud was going in the summer regardless (he wasn't getting the playing time and with us now bringing in Auba along with Lacazette, the writing was on the wall).  It unloads a sizable wage for us.  Our two sides have already played our allotment for the season, whereas you guys still play all of City, United, Liverpool, and Spurs at least once (Giroud's not cup-tied for the FA Cup because he was injured, so he's eligible to play if those match-ups occur - Liverpool removed), so if he contributes to Chelsea being able to take points off of any of the later 3, it roundabout helps Arsenal in a pursuit of a Top 4 finish.

• Like 1

Yikes, what a mess. Part of me wonders whether Chelsea is just doing this to try to prevent the Auba deal from going through. 

If Giroud was open to a move to Dortmund though I suppose if the Chelsea deal falls through we can try to get the original Giroud/Auba swap done but I feel like we're leaving it late here.