PFF’s Customizable 2020 NFL Mock Draft Simulator - Goodbye Walk-the-Mock We Hardly Knew Thee

Mind Character

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pffs-mock-draft-simulator-is-live

PFF has unveiled a new Mock Draft simulator that has some interesting features including but not limited to the option to modulate how heavily the simulation weighs positional value, public consensus versus PFF's board, randomness, pre-draft trades.

Interestingly, the simulator has built-in trade-down options generated from the simulator that vary from simulation to simulation which allow you to send counter offers and trade guidelines and await acceptance or rejection of the proposal.

After the draft is over, one can also review each "team's" simulated pick, a particular round, or see where a particular player went. There's also a draft and position by position grade.

Walk-the-Mock this may be the end. We hardly knew thee.

From the looks of it, like all simulations the weakness is in the database of players and how the players are valued, but I found the draft simulator to be one of the best NFL mock draft simulators to date.

In summary, it's another internet distraction at a time when escapism seems needed though we were spiraling down with them before the pandemic and now these times are an excuse to fall deeper into unhealthy escapist entertainment. Wait... what was I saying? Ahh yes... here's another wonderful thing to pass the time and blah blah bla.......

------------------------------

Here was my first simulation:

PPtFBlG.png

-----------

Here was the 2nd one that's more of the direction I think the Brown's FO goes in via trade down. The final output with a trade includes the grading and terms of the trade:

jGIKE8S.png

Edited by Mind Character

🤔🤔🤔

Are you guys on a PC? I've been messing with it on my Android phone and it has been a total mess. I've tried it both in Chrome and Opera with the same results. I allowed cookies from pff and it still keeps disconnecting.

Sometimes I go to another page for a bit and come back and then it works for the next pick I'm making. Then I go to make my next pick or a trade or whatever and it won't respond when I click the button to make the pick or whatnot.

Overall grade thus far: F (in a tie with first-pick.com. Fanspeak gets a C for having a quality site but taking forever for the simulation).

Anyone having any of the same problems?

13 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

🤔🤔🤔

Are you guys on a PC? I've been messing with it on my Android phone and it has been a total mess. I've tried it both in Chrome and Opera with the same results. I allowed cookies from pff and it still keeps disconnecting.

Sometimes I go to another page for a bit and come back and then it works for the next pick I'm making. Then I go to make my next pick or a trade or whatever and it won't respond when I click the button to make the pick or whatnot.

Overall grade thus far: F (in a tie with first-pick.com. Fanspeak gets a C for having a quality site but taking forever for the simulation).

Yeah I have an iphone and it sucks. 

Plus, TheDraftNetwork has one that is very good. I use theirs. 

55 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

🤔🤔🤔

42 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah I have an iphone and it sucks. 

Plus, TheDraftNetwork has one that is very good. I use theirs. 

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

TDN is the best draft site on the interwebz imo.

Yeah, I was on PC and haven't used it on mobile so maybe it's not mobile optimized. Also, apparently due to its popularity (according to PFF) they had issues with the simulator crashing the servers

TDN's is nice, but some of the better options with the interface aren't free (though it's a very minimal/negligible premium fee of 30 bucks for the year which includes the rest of their stuff).

Hopefully, PFF can work out the bugs after this past week's launch as it has the most options that mimic the valuations, selections, and trades that we'll see during the upcoming real draft. And it's free.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

How did you share the images @Mind Character? I can't get mine to go into a shareable link format.

(10 to 20 sec process) Yeah, I ran into the same issue trying to share straight from their website. I'm not sure what the options are for mobile devices, but for my computer I did a process that takes about 20 seconds or less from start to finish.

1. Right-clicked and Saved the Image to my Computer Desktop
  2. Went to the popular picture host website: https://imgur.com/
  3. Clicked "New Post" in the top left part of the screen.
  4. Uploaded the Picture of the Draft Simulation from my Computer Desktop
  5. Once uploaded a shareable link of the picture is provided although I usually just right click and select "Copy Image Location"
  6. Paste the link into the FF Post editor for submission
  • Like 2

Nice, thanks.

So here is one where I committed to trading down and seeing what would happen if I was planning to take OT top of the 2nd. I was gonna move down again from 16 but Derrick Brown was there and while I don't love him, the value to industry consensus was too much to pass up.

vplrBgF.png

Next up, a more traditional "gotta get an OT at 10" one. The 2nd round fell unpleasantly for us at 41 (no Winfield, no top LBs, no Gallimore, etc.) so I moved down twice. In those move downs, I turned our 6th and 7th into a 3rd, a 4th, and a 2021 2nd round pick.

0hrOW40.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Nice, thanks.

So here is one where I committed to trading down and seeing what would happen if I was planning to take OT top of the 2nd. I was gonna move down again from 16 but Derrick Brown was there and while I don't love him, the value to industry consensus was too much to pass up.

vplrBgF.png

Next up, a more traditional "gotta get an OT at 10" one. The 2nd round fell unpleasantly for us at 41 (no Winfield, no top LBs, no Gallimore, etc.) so I moved down twice. In those move downs, I turned our 6th and 7th into a 3rd, a 4th, and a 2021 2nd round pick.

0hrOW40.png

Ashtyn Davis is one of the hardest evaluation for me. There's talk that teams see him as CB-convert.

Amazing track athlete with reportedly amazing character. I honestly think that Ashtyn Davis is extremely high in what I'm calling STA-Quotient (Smart, Tough, Accountable on and off the field), and I think he's likely to be very high on the Browns board. When hearing him speak about preparation and how he approaches the game, it's so evident that he sees the game differently and prepares at a different level. He's extremely smart and has a mental toughness to him.

Unfortunately, he's more athlete than a football players as he possesses minimal instincts and feel for the game. What's worse is even though the spirit is willing I don't think his body is able to sustain the traumas of physical collision required at the Safety position. He's very slightly built, not thick at all, and doesn't posses any length. He sees it okay but is still more reactive athleticism than instinctive. Ultimately, I don't know exactly how impactful he'll be as a starter and thus I can't in my mind justify selecting him at near the top of the 2nd when I hope the Browns get a prospect that isn't as much of a projection at this time.

I like a lot of those trades and the value we received in return, but I'm not a big Ezra Cleveland fan although I do wonder who exactly the Browns have valued in the 2nd at Tackle.

At some point, I think Joe Woods conveyed his desire to switch to a 34 defense in the future and I wonder how that may or may not if true effect the Browns draft strategy. Raekwon Davis would definitely foreshadow particular upcoming changes. He's a good football player.

Edited by Mind Character