The Knicks have traded Carmelo Anthony to OKC

NewAge

6 minutes ago, Raves said:

Anyone else listen to the comments from Melo a few days ago about how he had expected to play with PG this season, just in Cleveland as there was a trade in place for both PG and Melo to head to Cleveland on draft day that fell through.  Wonder what that trade was and would've been interesting to see PG/Bron/Melo all in Cleveland.

Didn't this come out when it happened? The Pacers backed out because they didn't want to send PG13 to a team in the eastern conference I think.

15 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Didn't this come out when it happened? The Pacers backed out because they didn't want to send PG13 to a team in the eastern conference I think.

Well many thought that Boston had the inside track on a trade for PG not Cleveland so Cleveland would be looking to only get Melo while Boston was likely to get PG, but Melo is saying that apparently the deal would've put both Melo and PG in Cleveland.

24 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Pritchard was petty towards George.. Tis why George is throwing shade at indy every chance he gets. The dude came out and said he was shocked he was traded?

11 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Only the PG13 side of it.  The trade that Indiana agreed to and then backed out of was:

Cleveland receives:
Paul George

Denver receives: 
Kevin Love

Indiana receives:
Gary Harris
Unnamed other piece(s)

Nothing about Carmelo and New York.

Obviously it was only a scrimmage so you can't really take too much out of it, but loved how Melo was used. They posted him up and he made quick moves against single coverage and went to work. The one time they doubled (At least on the clips shown), he makes a nice pass out for a three ball. 

And PG was pretty much PG. Just looked more active and I think he's going to thrive knowing he doesn't have to be the focal point on offense anymore.

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Russ should get out of PG's way and let him be the number one scoring option.. He's ready.

Russ should be number 3 behind Melo.. PG ain't playing this season.. He wants that MVP and he said it like 

and idiot lol.. PG is very very dumb.

Let Paul George be the number one scoring option... what?

8 hours ago, El ramster said:

Russ should get out of PG's way and let him be the number one scoring option.. He's ready.

Russ should be number 3 behind Melo.. PG ain't playing this season.. He wants that MVP and he said it like 

and idiot lol.. PG is very very dumb.

Um no. PG shouldn't be the #1 option. He's not consistent enough to be THAT dude. This is why he's in such a great situation in OKC. PG could spend more energy on the defensive end and just causing havoc all over the floor and then still score his 20+ on the other end. And when Westbrook is out of the game and PG is playing with Melo, those two could get super aggressive and look to get their own. 

OKC is going to be fun to watch this season.

Archived