The Knicks have traded Carmelo Anthony to OKC

NewAge

20 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

If you follow the salary cap then no, there's no team you can create that sweeps the Warriors (it'd be really hard to find a team that beats the Warriors).

I don't want to say there's no team, because the Warriors could always have that dud of a series in terms of shooting.  Odds of it happening to all 3 of their shooters is minuscule, but it's one of those "so there's a chance" positions.

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Durant is better, but Kawhi is right up there with anyone. His defense is on another level and his offense keeps getting better and better. Some folks already think Kawhi is better. 

His defense is clearly best of perimeter players. But two things, in this league offense is more valuable than defense. Durants showed last year he can play good defense. Offensively, Kawhi for how good he is and his development he's not in the same stratosphere as Durant. We're talking about arguably the most gifted scorer we have ever seen. I don't think Kawhis defense makes up for the gap offensively.  

I really wanted melo on the rockets, i am not sure how he will do without having one of his best friends at his side, and I am not sure how he will do playing with a ball hog like Westbrook. PG is a great fit with RW, I could see him and Melo having some issues. Having said that, if Melo accepts a 3rd option role, plays PF and becomes a catch and shoot, create when RW isnt in the game, then he could be great for them. I could see them use Melo as the starter who plays with the 2nd team in the 9 man deep. It would give him a solid 12-15 minutes a night without Westbrook on the court and let him go to the iso. Iso melo is 10x better than anything the Thunder had last season when RW was on the bench. It could work great. Isnt going to win a title, but an injury to either Curry/Durant and the team could beat the warriors. 

I wonder if RW is going to change his game up to make room for the other two or is he still going to chase down triple doubles, pass up open looks because he needs more assists or call ball on every rebound opportunity there is. He has to be the only pg in the league who is the designated free throw rebounder for a team. 

defensively the team is a mystery as well. Roberson and PG are two of the best defenders in the league. RW and Melo are two of the laziest. 

Depth is also going to be an issue for them. They currently dont have a back up big man. Adams is it. They could go small with Patterson but they have Adams and a bunch of stretch 4s in a 3 mans body, which can work great, but if Adams was to get hurt, which hes been extremely durable in the past, they could be upset in the 1st round against a lower seed like the Wolves, Pelicans or someone with a dominate big man. I mean the bench is terrible. Felton, Alex Abrines, and Kyle Singler might be the worst bench wings of any playoff team. Grant and Patterson are nice players, but overall the bench is probably the worst of the top 10 teams in the NBA. 

Getting Melo and PG has been an absolute steal for the Thunder, they got rid of every bad contract they had and got two all stars in return. its been pretty incredible. 

I think the rockets screwed up because the package of a 2018 1st rounder, Patrick Beverly, Lou Williams and Sam Dekker is better than what the Thunder gave up to get Melo or PG. Rockets could have used that to get PG and signed CP3 in free agency. Cp3/Harden/PG.......oh what could have been....... 

The Rockets thought they had a deal for Melo in July and the Knicks last minute pulled out of it. Melo would have been good for Houston no doubt.

Have the Rockets surpassed the Spurs with the signing of CP3? Are they better than the new formed Thunder team? Poor CP3, back to being the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference like usual.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Rockets thought they had a deal for Melo in July and the Knicks last minute pulled out of it. Melo would have been good for Houston no doubt.

Have the Rockets surpassed the Spurs with the signing of CP3? Are they better than the new formed Thunder team? Poor CP3, back to being the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference like usual.

In the playoffs I would have it OKC, HOU, then SA.

For the regular season: SA, HOU, OKC

I'm curious what makes you guys say HOU is now better than SA? CP3 is obviously a great addition, but Pop's lead teams have historically owned D'Antoni lead teams and it's not like the makeup of the Spurs changed very much outside of upgrading from Simmons to Rudy Gay and getting younger at the starting point guard spot with Murray. I still don't see the Rockets being good enough to beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.

26 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I'm curious what makes you guys say HOU is now better than SA? CP3 is obviously a great addition, but Pop's lead teams have historically owned D'Antoni lead teams and it's not like the makeup of the Spurs changed very much outside of upgrading from Simmons to Rudy Gay and getting younger at the starting point guard spot with Murray. I still don't see the Rockets being good enough to beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.

I can't say with confidence the Rockets are better than the Spurs even with CP3. I picked them to beat the Spurs last year and they may have had they not fallen apart late in game 5. But in situations like that, the addition of CP3 helps dramatically. You don't have to just rely on Harden making every play and the team could overcome him having one of those weird games. Spurs didn't get better at all though from the outside. It just comes down to the development of guys like Murray. I'd pretty confidently pick OKC over SA, not HOU though. At least not yet.

On 9/25/2017 at 7:06 PM, BAConrad said:

Olympic Melo is coming people.

Just start trying to get used to the idea of it..because it's gonna happen. 

You do realize that Carmelo Anthony will be playing against NBA caliber players and not the Australian national team, right?  

Olympic Melo was pretty mediocre last time around after the first few games tbh. But obviously he will be playing more so to that style then what he did in NY. OKC lacked someone that could get buckets from the post last year, and Melo could provide them that. One problem is he misses way too many bunnies at the rim and that likely isn't going to change in season 15.

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Olympic Melo was pretty mediocre last time around after the first few games tbh. But obviously he will be playing more so to that style then what he did in NY. OKC lacked someone that could get buckets from the post last year, and Melo could provide them that. One problem is he misses way too many bunnies at the rim and that likely isn't going to change in season 15.

No crap Jay.. He gets the Dwight Howard treatment down low. 

As great as CP3 is, I'm not taking HOU over SA. I see no justification for it TBH. I still have SA over OKC because they are deeper and more cohesive. I think the Thunder have guys who all think they're better than they are. They have much better spacing than they had previously though which should help Russ. But this iso mentality they have will not work vs Warriors and somebody has to compromise. Cleveland have better iso players and it got them nowhere. 

Archived