The Knicks have traded Carmelo Anthony to OKC

NewAge

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

No makes them worse. Takes touches away from George and Melo is old now. He'll be prone to injury. Kanter was money down low for easy buckets. 

Eh idk about that, may not be the best fit adding a high usage player, but value wise I felt this was solid as hell for OKC.  And you have to wonder if houston and San antonio are still on the same level as them after this trade, which I don't think they are

5 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Eh idk about that, may not be the best fit adding a high usage player, but value wise I felt this was solid as hell for OKC.  And you have to wonder if houston and San antonio are still on the same level as them after this trade, which I don't think they are

No I don't.  Melo does not put them in a tier above those two.  OKC still has no depth outside of these three guys now.  And its not just adding a high usage player, its adding two high usage players to the highest usage player.  I like Melo and I think they will end up ok but theres no way this puts OKC out of SA and HOU's level.  And i do think this has a good chance of effing up any chance OKC had at keeping PG past this year.

4 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

No I don't.  Melo does not put them in a tier above those two.  OKC still has no depth outside of these three guys now.  And its not just adding a high usage player, its adding two high usage players to the highest usage player.  I like Melo and I think they will end up ok but theres no way this puts OKC out of SA and HOU's level.  And i do think this has a good chance of effing up any chance OKC had at keeping PG past this year.

At the very least, it puts them on the same tier and San Antonio.  And you're not wrong about the thunder having little depth outside of those 3, but I think the majority of people would prefer having star power over the little depth that they had before anyways.  If we're being honest, I already saw it as a tough battle for the thunder to retain PG beyond this season unless they were to seriously compete for a championship, which wasn't going to happen without Melo and still might not happen, but at least he's got much more to work with now (at least in the short term, not so much long term)

Brodie has himself a squad now. No clue how long the adjustment period will take, but the Thunder will be a problem. So do you start Anthony at PF or bring him off the bench? 

Westbrook/Roberson/PG/Melo/Adams is a hell of a starting line up, but the bench will be suspect. I mean Donovan could stagger the minutes where he could have either of the big three in at all times. 

Warriors/Thunder series is going to be awesome.

Archived