The Knicks have traded Carmelo Anthony to OKC

NewAge

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Usage rate takes assists into account tho. If you get more assists you will have a higher usage rate

they were one shot away from beating the Warriors in the playoffs, beat the Spurs multiple times in the playoffs, and have been to the Finals. If that is not coexisting almost no one in the league coexists.

First off, why did he have the so many assists? Because he dominated the ball each possession up the court.

secondky they weren't one shot away from beating the Warriors. Also their lack of coexisting cost them in a quote few number of crucial points. Heck you can point to that Warriors game as a proof of not coexisting. Not in the sense they didn't get along but in the sense that they had no identity and  they couldn't decide who the offense should run though in crucial moments.

knicks weren't going to get much for melo. don't understand why they took back kanter though. OKC getting rid of their horrible contracts for paul george and melo is a huge "wtf". 

that said, thunder are horrendously constructed now; this will not work unless westbrook turns into jason kidd and melo turns into a shooting draymond green. way too many ball dominant players on the floor at once.

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

First off, why did he have the so many assists? Because he dominated the ball each possession up the court.

of course he did... hes the PG... thats his job... bring the ball up the court each possession and distribute. Numbers say, thats exactly what happened. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

of course he did... hes the PG... thats his job... bring the ball up the court each possession and distribute. Numbers say, thats exactly what happened. 

Your job as a PG is to make the best decisions with the ball. There are no real hockey assists with him. Yeah he gets his assists, sure, but him having as many assists as he did is a product of how he controlled and dictates everything when it wasn't always necessary.

I'm sure Westbrook has a sour taste in his mouth after his team got eliminated in the first round, even when you consider he individually had a historic season.  Both Carmelo and Westbrook have individually each put up awesome offensive statistical seasons, but I think they both just want to win.  I actually see OKC's trio working out fine, as long as everyone stays healthy.

49 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I don't think the Knicks were ever going to get anything of value back from him.  They have almost the least amount of leverage you could possibly have and he has a bloated contract and it's become a toxic situation.  Both Kanter and Anderson are considered negative contracts.  IMO if Anderson's deal was 2 years like Kanters, Melo would be a Rocket.

Well the Spurs and Rockets are in my opinion top 3 teams in the West.  Even if they added Melo it doesn't mean they'd be on par with GS.  The gap between those three teams and the rest of the West was pretty big IMO.   I think the Thunder are about as good as the Jazz/Clippers were last year when healthy.  Decent team who can maybe win a series against the right first round matchup, maybe even win one game against the Warriors or a couple against the Spurs/Rockets, but not any real threat to the top teams.  

Yeah this is all pretty much spot on with my train of thought on this situation.  Only thing I would note is that the warriors are still a significant step above the rest of the league, I think only Houston would come close to them come if they had gotten melo.  Also think the thunder are better than the jazz / clippers were last season (esp the clippers).  I could see them making the conference finals but still think warriors and rockets end up there

26 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Just to clarify, even Houston got Melo, I still have the Warriors winning in 4 or 5 games.  The Warriors are so ridiculously loaded if you put Kawhi/Lebron on the Rockets I think the Warriors still win comfortably.

The Warriors go into every game with quite easily arguably the best PG, SG, and SF in the game and a PF that is likely top 3 at his position and top 3 defensive player in the league.   Then you add in a handful of passable rotational centers, and what I think is EASILY the best bench in the NBA with Iggy, Livingston, McCaw, Casspi, Young, West, and Bell.   Even if Durant were to retire today, I think the Warriors would win the championship without much issue.

Which is another reason why I think Durants choice to go there was soooo weak and none of what he does is impressive.

Come on now. I get what you are saying but CP3/Harden/Leonard/James would beat the warriors and it wouldn't be close. 

2 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

I meant one of Kawhi/James.

Though I'm not sure I'm convinced even that lineup would beat them.

Curry >>> CP3

Klay = Harden

Durant > Kawhi

Green <<< James

Warriors bench >>> Rockets bench

But more importantly, the Warriors 4 match together much much better.   The Rockets group with Lebron/Harden/CP3 need the ball in their hands to really be maximized.

Klay is not equal to Harden and Leonard is pretty much = to Durant. Lebron is way better than Green and capela is better than any center they throw out there. 

Warriors bench wouldn't be an advantage either, not in an 8 man rotation 

I mean if you are including all time players such as Jordan/Magic/Shaq/etc sure.

But CP3/Bron/Kawhi wouldn't sweep the Warriors. I think if you make the best team possible from the current players in the league and put them against the Warriors, they still win a game or two. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Klay is not equal to Harden and Leonard is pretty much = to Durant. Lebron is way better than Green and capela is better than any center they throw out there. 

Warriors bench wouldn't be an advantage either, not in an 8 man rotation 

I agree that James Harden is a better player than Klay Thompson, but Kawhi Leonard is not equal to Kevin Durant.  Durant is clearly a superior player than Leonard, it's not even close to being debatable, either.

Archived