The Knicks have traded Carmelo Anthony to OKC

NewAge

I know he's playing PF. Right move and he should have been the full time PF for at least two years now. 

Rebounding as a team won't be too much of an issue, but opposing PFs will surely crash hard with him down there. 

Overall I love this team, especially for how little they gave up. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Him accepting that role and sticking to it is a myth. He’ll never accept just catching and shooting. And he’s always been hesitant to play in the PNR. 

When has he ever played with people better than him though?

EDIT

I expect he'll still get looks in the post for sure. I just have a hope that in an offense where he doesn't feel the need to do all the scoring the ball will move better

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

On paper, sure. 

On anything. The Thunder had a terrible team around Westbrook entering into this off-season. But Presti was somehow able to trade for George and Anthony for pretty much nothing. And now they re-signed Westbrook. They’re easily the 2nd most talented team in the West now. 

21 minutes ago, Darkness said:

On anything. The Thunder had a terrible team around Westbrook entering into this off-season. But Presti was somehow able to trade for George and Anthony for pretty much nothing. And now they re-signed Westbrook. They’re easily the 2nd most talented team in the West now. 

Agreed. Even if George and Anthony leave next summer, OKC got out of 2 awful contracts while trading for a great player and a good player. They improved their team dramatically this season and their cap flexibility dramatically if George and/or Anthony leave next summer.

20 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Him accepting that role and sticking to it is a myth. He’ll never accept just catching and shooting. And he’s always been hesitant to play in the PNR. 

You might be right, but I think Carmelo Anthony really wants to taste winning and this is arguably the best situation he's been in ever - or at least the best situation he's been in, in a very long time.  

I think they will be fine working together. PG13 is pretty unselfish unless we're talking scrubs taking game winners instead of him. You can run RW/Melo PnRs and if you get nothing have PG13 come off an off ball screen, maybe by Roberson to keep his man involved, and have PG13 be the secondary ballhander and run PnRs with Adams (teams would probably just switch a PG13/Melo PnR). Then run the 2nd unit thru Melo. 

So RW is the main ball handler.

Melo gets his touches from PnR catch and shoot opportunities or postups on switches. And also runs the 2nd unit.

PG13 works off ball screens and then the secondary PnRs actions. 

Then sprinkle a couple isos and postups for all three and they will be fine.

Only problem would be if RW stays on his quest for triple doubles. Mostly rebounding, I don't think PG13 and Melo would be fine boxing out for Russ, especially since their touches are already gonna be reduced. 

I don't think Westbrook is going to go for the triple double next season. He's no fool, he knew he didn't have a championship caliber team so he went for his. That's not the case this season. The Thunder have a legitimate shot at competing for a title. Westbrook will have his fair share of out of control moments as he's had for his entire career, but don't think he will be stat chasing. 

You could run Westbrook/Melo PnR/pop or even with PG and Melo. I would stagger Melo/PG minutes together and let Westbrook have some time with the bench units to end the 1st and 3rd quarters. 

Only if the Thunder had a better bench....

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think Westbrook is going to go for the triple double next season. He's no fool, he knew he didn't have a championship caliber team so he went for his. That's not the case this season. The Thunder have a legitimate shot at competing for a title. Westbrook will have his fair share of out of control moments as he's had for his entire career, but don't think he will be stat chasing. 

You could run Westbrook/Melo PnR/pop or even with PG and Melo. I would stagger Melo/PG minutes together and let Westbrook have some time with the bench units to end the 1st and 3rd quarters. 

Only if the Thunder had a better bench....

Yeah, bench will be an issue unless Abrines takes a step forward.  He's a good shooter, but he looked lost besides that last season.  Patterson is a good bench 4, but that's about it.  Felton isn't a bad PG for the regular season, but he'll get killed in the playoffs.  Everyone else is young and needs to take some serious steps forward or OKC will get run off the court in the 2nd round.

Antibes is the key here. Everyone else pretty much are what they are, but he's the one that could take a solid jump from the prior year. If he doesn't, then the Thunder big 3 will have to play close to 40+ minutes a game in the postseason. PG could handle it, but not sure the other two can. 

Anyone else listen to the comments from Melo a few days ago about how he had expected to play with PG this season, just in Cleveland as there was a trade in place for both PG and Melo to head to Cleveland on draft day that fell through.  Wonder what that trade was and would've been interesting to see PG/Bron/Melo all in Cleveland.

Archived