The Knicks have traded Carmelo Anthony to OKC

NewAge

21 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Rockets thought they had a deal for Melo in July and the Knicks last minute pulled out of it. Melo would have been good for Houston no doubt.

Have the Rockets surpassed the Spurs with the signing of CP3? Are they better than the new formed Thunder team? Poor CP3, back to being the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference like usual.

Thunder don't have a bench. Thunder will be good but I would still take the Rockets over them. I also think Rockets will be much improved defensively as a team as crazy as that sounds.

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Paul is still an elite defender.  He's a better defender than Beverly.

Not really. He's comparable, but putting aside the numbers, which are in Beverly's favor, Paul is obviously going to be a lesser defender than Beverly. For the sole fact that Beverly is able to dedicate himself completely on the defensive end because he has lesser responsibilities as an offensive player, meaning he needs to expend less energy. Given that Paul is going to shoulder a significantly larger offensive burdern, it stands to reason he's not going to be able to give quite the same amount of energy as a defender. I'm not saying he's a bad defender by any means, just that it only make senses that he's not going to be able to defend at the same level Beverly could for an entire game.

19 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Year 2 under Jeff Bzdelik.  They added PJ Tucker, and Luc Mbah a Moute.  Qi is a very good defender based on reports I have read. Also Paul is still a pretty good defender. I also think Capela takes another step forward.

I forgot about the additions of Tucker and Mbah a Moute. You're definitely going to have some tremendous defenders out on the wing, and you're going to need it in the West. And I guess your front court should also be pretty stout with Capela and Nene. Shawn Long was also a sneaky good add. Could be a guy who could come in and contribute 5-10 minutes a night in the regular season.

As for Qi, recent reports had D'Antoni implying that it would be hard for Qi to find minutes this year given the championship caliber of the team and the expectations associated with that.

37 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I forgot about the additions of Tucker and Mbah a Moute. You're definitely going to have some tremendous defenders out on the wing, and you're going to need it in the West. And I guess your front court should also be pretty stout with Capela and Nene. Shawn Long was also a sneaky good add. Could be a guy who could come in and contribute 5-10 minutes a night in the regular season.

As for Qi, recent reports had D'Antoni implying that it would be hard for Qi to find minutes this year given the championship caliber of the team and the expectations associated with that.

Long got waived a few days ago. I forgot to mention the addition of Tarik Black for depth is a sneaky good add.

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

Long got waived a few days ago. I forgot to mention the addition of Tarik Black for depth is a sneaky good add.

Oh, no. That sucks. Like what he showed down the stretch in Philly last year. Hopefully he catches on with another team.

Not a fan of Black though. Was never overly impressive during his time with the Lakers. Think this means we see a lot of Tucker and Mbah a Moute at the 4 this season.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Pretty terrible stat tbh. Score within 3 in the last minute of the 4th isn’t the only measure of clutch. 

Also note that it says last 6 seasons. Kobe wasn’t exactly at the top of his game. 

Wasn't really worried about Kobe for that stat...though Kobe was always near the bottom regardless of the time frame and score.

38 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Wasn't really worried about Kobe for that stat...though Kobe was always near the bottom regardless of the time frame and score.

Who was in Indy? Who was in NY? Who was in OKC last season to help these guys out?

Stats like these floated around the big 3 in mia as well.. This is all recycled news. Thunder aren't good enough to beat OKC.. 

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Not really. He's comparable, but putting aside the numbers, which are in Beverly's favor, Paul is obviously going to be a lesser defender than Beverly. For the sole fact that Beverly is able to dedicate himself completely on the defensive end because he has lesser responsibilities as an offensive player, meaning he needs to expend less energy. Given that Paul is going to shoulder a significantly larger offensive burdern, it stands to reason he's not going to be able to give quite the same amount of energy as a defender. I'm not saying he's a bad defender by any means, just that it only make senses that he's not going to be able to defend at the same level Beverly could for an entire game.

Paul's numbers haven't been hurt before because of his offensive load, and he's going to have less offensive responsibility than he's ever had this season.

What numbers favor Beverly exactly?  Paul had more DWS (in less minutes played), a higher Defensive Real Plus/Minus, better Defensive Rating, better Steal Rate, etc.

19 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Who was in Indy? Who was in NY? Who was in OKC last season to help these guys out?

Stats like these floated around the big 3 in mia as well.. This is all recycled news. Thunder aren't good enough to beat OKC.. 

This is over the last 6 seasons, not just last season...

Archived