The Knicks have traded Carmelo Anthony to OKC

NewAge

Yep, the myth is Olympic Melo is the best player on team USA when it isn't even close to being true. Durant among others is clearly superior. 

But this is a very good fit for him. Forget offensively, but he's surrounded with a lot of length in Roberson/George/Adams. Melo has to embrace playing full time PF. He's going to have a lot of mismatches, and would have even more if you couldn't hide a slower foot PF on Roberson. 

Westbrook gets better shooting around him which should make his life easier. I really dig the Thunder. 2nd best team in the West. 

9 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

catch and shoot melo is not a myth tho. his pull up #s and C&S #s are drastically different (from 3), hopefully he gets more C&S opportunities being the #3 guy. 

If he agrees to just catch and shoot. But he’s not going to do that. He’s going to catch. Hold the ball. Jab step for 15 seconds and take a long 2. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If he agrees to just catch and shoot. But he’s not going to do that. He’s going to catch. Hold the ball. Jab step for 15 seconds and take a long 2. 

obviously he is going to do some of that, just need a better balance of other stuff. PnRs with the the smaller defenders will work effectively so he could either pop or get a mismatch with a smaller player in the post. The Thunder will probably need another guard ball handler tho because I doubt PGs are going to guard RW a whole lot. Felton or Abrines might be able to pull it off.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

This trade really is bad for both teams, if you ask me.

Paul George and Melo can't really coexist, and New York Knickerbockers hilariously get nothing back for him.

what was NY suppose to get back? They had no real leverage in this. Melo had it all because he had the no trade clause. 

57 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Not even close

For a rebuilding team I'd rather have a 2 year contract commitment than 3 and a bad first.

It's a good add for OKC, but I'd still take both of those teams over OKC right now.

No it doesn't. 

I mean maybe if they hadn't gotten him for enes kanter I could see it, but getting a guy of melos caliber for what amounted to a couple of bench guys would put a lot of teams closer to the top.  I thought the thunder were a top 4-5 team in the west before the trade, so it can def be argued that theyve made the jump to top 2-3 after the trade

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont understand this assertion that Russ can't coexist successfully. He did it with KD and last year was 2nd in assists and 1st in the league in assist percentage. Dude distributes the ball. 

He coexisted with KD? News to me 

He led the league in assists because he had by far the highest usage rate. Every team in the NBA will score 100 points, so somebody has to get the assists for those 100 pts.

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

He led the league in assists because he had by far the highest usage rate.

Usage rate takes assists into account tho. If you get more assists you will have a higher usage rate

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

He coexisted with KD? News to me 

they were one shot away from beating the Warriors in the playoffs, beat the Spurs multiple times in the playoffs, and have been to the Finals. If that is not coexisting almost no one in the league coexists.

Archived