Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

Just now, Bianconero said:

I feel like from a Jets POV, this is a lose-lose-lose situation

1. Jamal stays and is a distraction / locker-room issues

2. We extend Jamal and reward child-behavior going forward

3. We trade Jamal and reward child-behavior goin forward

Jamal is back us into a corner. The only answer from JD now is "We no longer plan to extend Jamal Adams and we will not trade him. We expect a public apology to the fans, the org, and, most of all, to his teammates for his behavior."

If he wants out, he's going to have to grovel.

• Like 2

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

Jamal is back us into a corner. The only answer from JD now is "We no longer plan to extend Jamal Adams and we will not trade him. We expect a public apology to the fans, the org, and, most of all, to his teammates for his behavior."

If he wants out, he's going to have to grovel.

I feel like Joe need to make a statement - this is beyond cancerous levels of behavior and embarrassment

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I feel like Joe need to make a statement - this is beyond cancerous levels of behavior and embarrassment

Yes with this in the media daily now... he should say something. And make a stand in some sort of way. Straight up say he will not be given an extension this off season, say he will be receiving an offer but not at 20mill or say we will look into trading him. Make a stance at this stage. Just keeping it in limbo like it is right now is making the whole organization look even worse. Which we dont have a good rep by fans and all anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes with this in the media daily now... he should say something. And make a stand in some sort of way. Straight up say he will not be given an extension this off season, say he will be receiving an offer but not at 20mill or say we will look into trading him. Make a stance at this stage. Just keeping it in limbo like it is right now is making the whole organization look even worse. Which we dont have a good rep by fans and all anyway.

At this point why would we offer this clown any type of extension? Get this type of character out of here 

Joe D really only has one option in terms of not “caving”.. and that’s set his price and stick to it. He tells Jamal and his agent the price of a trade and they either find a team that will meet it or he can play the season (without being a cancer, otherwise you send him home) or he can sit out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

At this point why would we offer this clown any type of extension? Get this type of character out of here 

Joe D really only has one option in terms of not “caving”.. and that’s set his price and stick to it. He tells Jamal and his agent the price of a trade and they either find a team that will meet it or he can play the season (without being a cancer, otherwise you send him home) or he can sit out.

Agreed with the compensation

We need to say that we need an elite player back or a Cee-Dee Lamb or Jamal will be collecting his pay-check at home for the next 2-4 years.

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Bc we hold the cards. It's a situation where we don't have to trade him. He has a contract for 2 more years whether he likes it or not. The issue is that if we don't grant him his trade or extend him (which it sounds like he doesn't even want from us now) he will be toxic for the locker room and in the media whether he reports or not.

My ideal situation now is to give him the finger and trade him to JAX for Yannik and a pick. Gives him the finger by sending him to a team he doesn't want to go to and we get a good young player that needs a pay day, but at least plays a premium position that would answer a big need for us. Move Maye to SS and start Davis at FS and now we can extend Maye for rather cheap and still have a good S duo while adding a star edge and a pick.

We hold the cards. JD wont trade him for nothing. (i.e. Judon or something like that). It will have to be a great offer for us to move Adams. Otherwise he's stuck here.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Bc we hold the cards. It's a situation where we don't have to trade him. He has a contract for 2 more years whether he likes it or not. The issue is that if we don't grant him his trade or extend him (which it sounds like he doesn't even want from us now) he will be toxic for the locker room and in the media whether he reports or not.

My ideal situation now is to give him the finger and trade him to JAX for Yannik and a pick. Gives him the finger by sending him to a team he doesn't want to go to and we get a good young player that needs a pay day, but at least plays a premium position that would answer a big need for us. Move Maye to SS and start Davis at FS and now we can extend Maye for rather cheap and still have a good S duo while adding a star edge and a pick.

We hold the cards. JD wont trade him for nothing. (i.e. Judon or something like that). It will have to be a great offer for us to move Adams. Otherwise he's stuck here.

I was referring to the idea that we will still negotiate an extension with him. That bridge should be burned. I don’t want him on this team at any cost at this point. He’s not at all what everyone thought he was.

and Yannick appears to be the same type of guy. Keep these types of players off the team.

and like stated above, If we weren’t willing to pay Jamal, why would we pay Yannick?

Edited by GangGreen420

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The problem with that is that any team that is not on his list JA will want an extension - NOW.  I do not see a team not on the list that would offer a ridiculous amount of money to a SS AND send us draft picks/young players.  That limits us to his desired destination.  It is a very touchy situation for JD; give in to him and JA wins, hold onto him and we have a **** show while the little ***** is here.  Touchy, indeed.