Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

I’m a little concerned about this honestly. What would make the most sense to me (for this kind of bizarre, extreme behavior from Adams) is the Jets gave Jamal some type of insinuation, or even flat out told him they were going to negotiate with him this summer and backed off completely for whatever reason. We haven’t really had the best player relations since JD/Gase took over. Maybe they have their reasons, but who knows. As a first time GM he really didn’t think a player with 2 years left on his deal and no leverage would react like this. The whole fiasco last October might be in play.

I’m truly fascinated to find out what transpired, but that’s my guess, and I’m not saying the Jets are wrong. But if that’s the case, we should of moved him before the draft.

Its called COVID 19.  If Jamal can't understand that, which he obviously can't, then he is just plan unintelligent.  COIVD has changed a lot for millions of people.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Its called COVID 19.  If Jamal can't understand that, which he obviously can't, then he is just plan unintelligent.  COIVD has changed a lot for millions of people.  

We’ll see. I’m interested to see if any of these other players get signed this summer.

Kittle doesn’t have the 5th year option

but yes, Jamal has already said he doesn’t care about the pandemic so he is still a moron.

Edited by GangGreen420

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

We’ll see. I’m interested to see if any of these other players get signed this summer.

Kittle doesn’t have the 5th year option

I hear you.  That would lend credence to Jamal's whining .. would not justify it but lend credence.  I don't think anyone under contract will sign a big money extension this summer.  Just my gut.  I think a guy like Clowney is going to have to take a one year deal for lower than what he was offered in the past well.  

• Like 1

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

He doesn’t care. He wants out at all costs.

Yea but not the way to do it.  JD is not going to take less than he was offered last Oct.... if he does everyone will be screaming for his head.  So if Jamal wants out this is not that way to do it ... it is the way to get traded to bad NFC team (Lions) or a team not known to pay their players (Cincy).  

• Like 1

I have held back from posting in regards to Jamal. I have always defended him even when he’s crossed the line in the past but his latest stunts this last week or so have completely changed my opinion on him. 

I have always stuck up for the athlete to go and make as much money as possible as teams very rarely show any loyalty to the players. But his demands are just out of line; I get wanting to push the envelope to cash in this summer as it would of added another $15m or so to his career earnings in the long run but he’s completely forced his hand with very little to negotiate with. He’s alienated himself with the fans now too. 

Starts the season off in an epic crappy situation and unfortunately history has shown us these things linger around and doesn’t create that unity in the dressing room that successful teams need. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I have held back from posting in regards to Jamal. I have always defended him even when he’s crossed the line in the past but his latest stunts this last week or so have completely changed my opinion on him. 

I have always stuck up for the athlete to go and make as much money as possible as teams very rarely show any loyalty to the players. But his demands are just out of line; I get wanting to push the envelope to cash in this summer as it would of added another $15m or so to his career earnings in the long run but he’s completely forced his hand with very little to negotiate with. He’s alienated himself with the fans now too. 

Starts the season off in an epic crappy situation and unfortunately history has shown us these things linger around and doesn’t create that unity in the dressing room that successful teams need. 

I'm 100% with you on this. He has stretched it out to a point I can't defend him. I won't act like replacing him will be easy or like I won't miss him and the energy he brought, but it's over with. I agree about trading him sooner. Things will only get worse if we start off losing and we're still holding on to him. I was hoping things would work out because him, Maye, and these young CBs could have been fun to watch. 

Hopefully Davis can step in or we find a legit safety to pair with Maye next year. 

I agree with most of you. He tarnished whatever small legacy he had with Jets fans now. Even if he doesn't get traded and in a year gets a new contract, us fans wont forget this. I know I wont. I stopped liking Revis once he held out and he actually had a better reason to holdout. Cheered for him, but stopped liking him. Even more so with his trade and all.

Adams I am no longer a fan of.

JD though has to look at this business wise, not emotionally. Which I think he is and will. He won't just trade him away for nothing. Bc at the end of the day Adams is under contract for 2 more years and I highly doubt he will sit out 2 years of football while collecting LOTS of fines.

I do see the ending to this being him getting traded and probably for a package slightly less than what us fans think he's worth. My guess is that we end up getting a player and a pick for him eventually. Which I'd have to see what the package is to decide if I like it or not. For example... if we can get Yannik and a pick for Adams, I'd love that. If it was Judon and a pick I'd dislike it, OBJ and a pick, I'd be just meh about it, etc. (these are just me throwing names out there with no actual connection with us, just guys that have been in trade rumors this offseason).

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree with most of you. He tarnished whatever small legacy he had with Jets fans now. Even if he doesn't get traded and in a year gets a new contract, us fans wont forget this. I know I wont. I stopped liking Revis once he held out and he actually had a better reason to holdout. Cheered for him, but stopped liking him. Even more so with his trade and all.

Adams I am no longer a fan of.

JD though has to look at this business wise, not emotionally. Which I think he is and will. He won't just trade him away for nothing. Bc at the end of the day Adams is under contract for 2 more years and I highly doubt he will sit out 2 years of football while collecting LOTS of fines.

I do see the ending to this being him getting traded and probably for a package slightly less than what us fans think he's worth. My guess is that we end up getting a player and a pick for him eventually. Which I'd have to see what the package is to decide if I like it or not. For example... if we can get Yannik and a pick for Adams, I'd love that. If it was Judon and a pick I'd dislike it, OBJ and a pick, I'd be just meh about it, etc. (these are just me throwing names out there with no actual connection with us, just guys that have been in trade rumors this offseason).

Curious as to why you think this is something the Jets would want to do after dealing with this Adams situation?

Why would we trade away one outspoken malcontent who has to be paid for another?