Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

The part I hate the most is “it’s time to move on” like who does this dude think he is and what type of control does he think he has. 

Agreed...but what if he's saying it's time to move on from the argument and let it go and he's going to play?

7 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

The issue with your theoretical argument of position not mattering is that it is just not practical nor "what happens in real life". Like it or not in professional sports and specifically the NFL - there are markets within the market that are determined by the position you play.  This is reflected in the CBA with the franchise tag - something the NFLPA agreed to.   So from a pure business perspective NO TEAM would want to raise the ceiling for any position by 40%.  Players have always understood this.  That is why they praise and honor those who help established new markets for positions and players overall who have come before them.  Your pay day in the NFL is determined by the combination of your position and point in time. As the cap grows and new ceilings are established  at your position the current player(s) (all players at that position) benefit.  This is the system created by the CBA.  Rookies sign a 4 year deal with team option 5th year and 99% (unscientific) have to play out the 4 years before getting an extension or new contract.  Is Jamal that 1%?  Maybe but even if he feels that way, which he clearly does, the Jets have not been disrespectful of him as he seems to claim.  So all things considered - if he is asking for 20+ it is unrealistic.  Mosley needed to hit UFA to get that kind of money.  Wagner is pretty much, from a far, a perfect employee so getting that from his original team is the exception to the rule.  All this Jamal and his agent should easily realize.  Pandemic aside - a $16-17 million per year average deal with a large junk guaranteed would be a huge deal for Jamal - i.e. 5 years 85 mill with 60 guaranteed would put him on par with Mosely but more guaranteed money.  More importantly this deal would shatter Eddie Jackson's deal in total money, per year average and most importantly guarantees.  

Yes I understand how it works and I have said he's crazy for asking for $20+ if that is true, I have also been saying I wish he would just wait until the league figures out the pandemic, and I don't like his antics.

But I will repeat again a bunch of people are saying Safety is not that important therefore he should not be asking for that price.  If we ignore positions and look at how he impacts the game he has an argument for making top dollar and wanting to establish himself as "the dawg" in the league.  Yes it is crazy and he's handling the situation poorly but I won't be mad if he miraculously got his $20 (if that is what he's really asking for). His ego is too big to not perform after that contract.

28 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes I understand how it works and I have said he's crazy for asking for $20+ if that is true, I have also been saying I wish he would just wait until the league figures out the pandemic, and I don't like his antics.

But I will repeat again a bunch of people are saying Safety is not that important therefore he should not be asking for that price.  If we ignore positions and look at how he impacts the game he has an argument for making top dollar and wanting to establish himself as "the dawg" in the league.  Yes it is crazy and he's handling the situation poorly but I won't be mad if he miraculously got his $20 (if that is what he's really asking for). His ego is too big to not perform after that contract.

The thing with this is... the Jets will continue to look for a great edge rusher even with Adams as a Jet. If we eventually hit on an edge (or even 2) Adams‘ game does change. Bc there’s then no need to blitz and play him in the box as much to make plays in the backfield.

So we’d be paying him WAY too much bc he’s “more valuable than just a S/LB” when or if we get edge rushers... he will be doing less of what we paid him for.

54 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I understand your point but it just doesn't and won't happen.  I would be shocked if any team were to pay Jamal an average of 20 million per season.  1) the premium position argument and 2) they just are not going to increase ANY position by 40% in one off season.  That is dangerous for the league. This would reset the bar for that position and every young S that took the league by storm would demand to beat it.  That is how the system works.  So could you imagine Ed Reed 2.0 coming into the league ... he would want 25 per year.  The owners are just not going to let that happen overnight for any position.  And they certainly won't let it happen for non QB, Edge and LT. 

12 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I absolutely hate him now - this is beyond levels of disrespect from the team “MVP”

Either trade him to the Lions or make him suffer here

I know NBA players cant openly do this anymore, the league has to do something about this. Its damn near tampering.

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I know NBA players cant openly do this anymore, the league has to do something about this. Its damn near tampering.

Exactly. Should be able to fine him an extreme amount of money any time he publicly says he wants to go anywhere else or on social media.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly. Should be able to fine him an extreme amount of money any time he publicly says he wants to go anywhere else or on social media.

I think the tampering is just coming from Jamals agent, I’m not sure if they can do that in this situation?

if possible, fine him into oblivion every chance you get 

10 hours ago, Bianconero said:

I absolutely hate him now - this is beyond levels of disrespect from the team “MVP”

Either trade him to the Lions or make him suffer here

I'm all about a player on a rookie deal trying to get his money, but crap like this is a non starter. 

Don't claim you want to be somewhere long term and go to the media to complain about the teams lack of commitment when really trying to force your way to a specific team. Unless Dallas blows me away with an offer I'm not sending him there. 

At this point I'm fully on board with making him sit for the next 2-3 years.

• Like 1