Jamal Adams Trade Thread

rdelaney89

I have the utmost confidence in Douglas to make the right call, whatever that may be... But, if we dump Jamal for middling value, I sure as hell want a full explanation as to why he wasn't moved before the draft. 

EDIT: ....And, I don't mean the political answer either. Fans deserve to know exactly what caused this s*** storm & decide for themselves if it was preventable.

Edited by NJC33

Just now, NJC33 said:

I have the utmost confidence in Douglas to make the right call, whatever that may be... But, if we dump Jamal for middling value, I sure as hell want a full explanation as to why he wasn't moved before the draft. 

I’m a little concerned about this honestly. What would make the most sense to me (for this kind of bizarre, extreme behavior from Adams) is the Jets gave Jamal some type of insinuation, or even flat out told him they were going to negotiate with him this summer and backed off completely for whatever reason. We haven’t really had the best player relations since JD/Gase took over. Maybe they have their reasons, but who knows. As a first time GM he really didn’t think a player with 2 years left on his deal and no leverage would react like this. The whole fiasco last October might be in play.

I’m truly fascinated to find out what transpired, but that’s my guess, and I’m not saying the Jets are wrong. But if that’s the case, we should of moved him before the draft.

• Like 1