2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I’m surprised they are interested in him (Fulton) considering their high character movement and that he was suspended for an entire season.

Broncos are high on Dantzler too, had one of their 30 interviews with him. I think he can be had in the 3rd w/o any dropoff. Fulton is not high on my list and given the character concerns, not the mold that has made Elways past two drafts successful.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

And yet being patient got us the best WR in this draft, not saying we shouldn't be aggressive but there is a ton of talent to be had, make the right decisions. 

Yeah but I wager that if the Jets had taken Lamb or Jeudy we would have traded up to get the other one.

Elway said Kinlaw wasn't on their board either, which I found interesting. 

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah but I wager that if the Jets had taken Lamb or Jeudy we would have traded up to get the other one.

Elway said Kinlaw wasn't on their board either, which I found interesting. 

Well, the Jets were reportedly not looking to pick a WR, and when JAX took Henderson the writing was on the wall we're looking at getting an OT or WR, but I do agree. One thing to add is we are NOT competing for the AFC West title this year, feels (to me) we're more on a 2-yr building program, get the BPA without mortgaging the present/future. 

I know it's not the best example but moving up for Paxton because we needed a QB was short-sighted. 

The way CBs are falling, I can’t see Dantzler making it to the 3rd. His tape in the toughest division in college football was phenomenal. He’d be my “trade back into the 2nd” target. 

Yep, and his fit in our scheme seems  perfect. Needs to add weight, but already plays tough. Lanky with great ball skills. Elite instincts. I think his talents would be absolutley maximized in our scheme. 

Just now, BroncosFan2010 said:

Yep, and his fit in our scheme seems  perfect. Needs to add weight, but already plays tough. Lanky with great ball skills. Elite instincts. I think his talents would be absolutley maximized in our scheme. 

His red zone numbers were absolutely insane. I think he gave up one completion and no TDs. That kind of production fits nicely with Fangio’s “shut teams down in the red zone” philosophy we got a taste of last year.

Mississippi State just keeps producing defensive talent. 

• Like 1

I still like Lloyd, specifically his NFL ready anchor, elite character and likely positional versatility (IMO he can play OG in a pinch), but Hennessey has such advanced technique in pass protection and IMO will be avaliable 20+ picks later than Cushenberry. Similar character as well. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

And yet being patient got us the best WR in this draft, not saying we shouldn't be aggressive but there is a ton of talent to be had, make the right decisions. 

42 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Thats true, but it's hard imagining many of our 5 day 3 picks making the roster. 

Just now, AKRNA said:

Thats true, but it's hard imagining many of our 5 day 3 picks making the roster. 

Well, can agree with the 7th rounders but 3/5 will be on the roster or PS IMO. And how much value will 252 & 254 allow you to move around ??