2020 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

11 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Why

It’s a joke... because everyone (teams not fans) seems to want to trade up for QBs and GB fans seem to be ready to freak out over Love or Hurt if drafted high.

if you want a crazy connection to make you think though... Tua’s nfl comparisons are Brees or Wilson right, at least that’s what I saw. Gute talked about how Ted loved Wilson that draft. Assuming Gute is anything like Ted... it’s reasonable to think he has a similar taste. And there are talks about Tua falling out of the top 10/15. But that’s just me going crazy.

But yeah it was a joke.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

So, according to the rumor mill we trade down with Houston, then we use the acquired picks to trampoline bounce back up into the middle of the first. Devious. 

Houston picks at #40. Not sure how much you could add to that in order to jump 25 spots at once. Not sure how much you can get to drop down ten spots either.

I mean, yeah, it's Bill O'Brien and the chances for an utter fleecing are there, but...

Edited by Zycho32

The only team I can see us working with after trading down with Houston is maybe Oakland, since they have 2 picks in the teens. Assuming we have sufficient resources in the 2nd-to-later rounds, and yes, maybe throw in next year's 1st Rounder too, they'd send us #19.

7 minutes ago, Green19 said:

It’s a joke... because everyone (teams not fans) seems to want to trade up for QBs and GB fans seem to be ready to freak out over Love or Hurt if drafted high.

if you want a crazy connection to make you think though... Tua’s nfl comparisons are Brees or Wilson right, at least that’s what I saw. Gute talked about how Ted loved Wilson that draft. Assuming Gute is anything like Ted... it’s reasonable to think he has a similar taste. And there are talks about Tua falling out of the top 10/15. But that’s just me going crazy.

But yeah it was a joke.

I'm getting zero news today and only glimpses into this thread. Busy day at work. Slightly freaking out. If i don't get off soon I'll lose it.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I would love to get up to 18th overall.  Then I could skip all of Friday and just see the name of the third round pick that will bust. 

Most of our recent 2nd rounders have been busts anyway, let's do it

Edited by JBURGE

3 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Has to be for Jefferson right?

I want him bad but I wonder ff he is there for a trade up! I don't see us giving up more than our 2nd rounder with our 1st which could get us to 18th or 19th. I think Jefferson's market starts around 13 to 21. Depends if there is an early run on WRs...