Official 2020 NFL Draft Thread Discussion

kgarrett12486

Just now, Caaddy24 said:

I just think D-line is more of a need, and another one would be more effective than a safety. Winfield looks like he's a solid tackler. Hopefully he can cover. 

He also returns kicks apparently. 

Dline would have been nice 

But honestly Winfield jr has a better chance to start immediately 

Gholston has played pretty well 

Bucs had the #1 ranked run defense last year. We need more depth which we can get later but basically everyone returned. Even if we are slightly worse I’d assume a top 5 run defense again. Strides made by the young CBs will help with the pass D but getting a guy like Winfield Jr really will too.

Edited by Lil' Shorty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Bucs has the #1 ranked run defense last year. We need more depth which we can get later but basically everyone returned. Even if we are slightly worse I’d assume a top 5 run defense again. Strides made by the young CBs will help with the pass D but getting a guy like Winfield Jr really will too.

Not just first ranked last year, but like the third best run defense of all time.

• Like 1

Just now, Lil' Shorty said:

Bucs has the #1 ranked run defense last year. We need more depth which we can get later but basically everyone returned. Even if we are slightly worse I’d assume a top 5 run defense again. Strides made by the young CBs will help with the pass D but getting a guy like Winfield Jr really will too.

The only guy we loss was Nassib who was great but was way too much, I think we can take a DT in the 5th or 6th that can help with just stopping the run

12 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Winfield Jr can play slot and be a true FS. We needed that bad and the versatility if one of our CBs go down and we need to keep Ryan Smith on the bench. Just put Winfield Jr in slot. RB and the lines rest of the way.

True Honey Badger type player. Mike Edwards is not it

• Like 1