Draft Discussion

RedGold

Just now, chiefs82 said:

Plus they broke off Williams last year and drafted Renfro last year also

Signed Agholor too.

Just weird to go that heavy in one position so high in the draft. Even if one of them looks terrible, you have to have those WRs on roster. Won't make it to PS.

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Signed Agholor too.

Just weird to go that heavy in one position so high in the draft. Even if one of them looks terrible, you have to have those WRs on roster. Won't make it to PS.

Maybe but they had Zay Jones running a ton of #2 reps for a decent time last year,  they definitely needed a make over at the position.   

21 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

You can't remember the last 5'7" RB because there aren't as many in that height range. Being uncommon doesn't mean bad. I don't know who the last 6'0" elite DT was before Aaron Donald, but it doesn't change that his height is an asset when it comes to leverage in the trenches. I can only think of two 6'9" left tackles off the top of my head, but the wingspan still helped Ogden in pass pro. Just like CEH's low center of gravity makes him harder to tackle, and his short stature makes him harder to find behind the line.

But even if you don't like it, height is so inconsequential compared to other traits. Such a minor aspect of playing RB. And who cares about the height of players at a different position that other teams are taking. What on earth does that have to do with anything?

Also, stop calling him tiny. Short and small are very different words when it comes to evaluating a prospect. 

Just saying he's short and his 40 time is that of a much bigger RB. He might have a much tougher time in the NFL than he did in college. Bigger ball to handle, bigger, faster defenders. I'm also not a fan of Andy Reid's screen passes if this pick means more of those.

But I'm happy with getting a RB in general. Injury prone Damien Williams on a 1/yr and our other no name RB's was not looking good for our running game going into next year. Also will be nice to get him working with RB whisperer Eric Bienemy for at least a year.

It's not hard to talk myself into the pick I just wish his 40 time was better. It's hard to imagine him being too effective at anything. Hunt was a bowling ball.

Edited by Kirill